Official College Basketball Thread

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SnB @ Dec 10, 2005 -> 01:55 PM)
doesn't everyone just love J.J. Redick? :(

It would help if Texas knew how to play defense. Plus, typical of Duke games, the refs aren't allowing them to play physical at all against Redick yet, Duke grabs and holds constantly without fouls being called.

Excellent game for the Hoosiers today. 79-53 over UK. Everything was on today. They played their best defense, after not playing any against Indiana State.

Killingsworth dropped in 23 and 11 boards. He did a good job getting rid of the ball when he was double-teamed too. Ratliff looked like Mr. Basketball again, after being a little timid with his broken thumb on his shooting hand; he has 21.

I don't know what kind of 3 game Kentucky thinks they have, but they were 2 of 27 today. :lolhitting

Great way to go into this little hiatus. We don't play again, until the 19th against Charlotte.

376916.jpeg

Just got back from the IU-UK game (well it wasn't much of a game):

A few observations:

1) It's true, most Kentucky fans don't have teeth.

2) Maybe the worst UK team I've ever seen, at least since I can remember and that is back to around 1992. They really have no shooters, no inside game and well, Rondo only tries to score when they fall desperately behind.

3) IU looked real good, should be better once they get White back and Davis lets Ben Allen play a little more.

4) See observation #1

I know rankings don't matter much, at least at this point in the season; however, I have an interest in them.

I wonder where IU will be on Monday in the rankings. The Indiana State loss was ugly and inexcusable, but we beat #15 UK pretty handedly.

They're #18 in the AP, and #16 in the coaches.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Dec 10, 2005 -> 09:43 PM)
I know rankings don't matter much, at least at this point in the season; however, I have an interest in them.

I wonder where IU will be on Monday in the rankings.  The Indiana State loss was ugly and inexcusable, but we beat #15 UK pretty handedly.

They're #18 in the AP, and #16 in the coaches.

Around #13 or #14 I'd say.

UK could drop out of the rankings, at least they should.

I also think U of L will handle them in Rupp next Saturday.

I think MSU has a good shot at moving up after the win over BC as well as handling Wichita State tonight fairly easily.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Dec 10, 2005 -> 08:47 PM)
Around #13 or #14 I'd say.

I sure hope the voters don't reward Indiana by moving them up a few spots. Sure they killed Kentucky today, but Kentucky really isn't very good (amazing i'm saying that) and you just cannot lose to Indiana State.

And Illinois.....Bruce is just something else. Unreal they are 10-0.