Official College Basketball Thread

QUOTE(Jimbo's Drinker @ Nov 20, 2005 -> 11:37 AM)
Very true Aboz.....but don't you all love your daily Indy Star report about what Killingsworth had for breakfast.

Hoosiers will win it all though.

I think Killingsworth had some some orange juice, bacon, and 2 sunny side up eggs this morning. He was out of toast.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Nov 20, 2005 -> 10:45 AM)
I think Killingsworth had some some orange juice, bacon, and 2 sunny side up eggs this morning.  He was out of toast.

YOUR CONFIDENCE IS HURTING MY EARS

:crying

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Nov 20, 2005 -> 01:09 AM)
Woot Woot Anteaters.  They got a really good coach and thus far this year they have been squashing everyone they played.  They could be able to pull off an upset or two if they make the tourney.

Didn't they lose by over 20 to George Mason?

aboz, I don't get it....... you were the one that started with the smarmy comment about Killingsworth and downplaying IU's win over Nicholls St. All I did was post that IU won and that Killingsworth had a great game, and to look out for him as a great player in the Big Ten this year (which he WILL be). YOU brought up the Scott May comparison. YOU pooh-pooh'd the win saying it was only Nicholls St.

Yet you don't expect Greasy or I to defend that? Give me a break. This whole thing started with you, yet you act like you are above us. If you want to take the banners away and talk present history, then let's do so. IU is 1-0 and Michigan State is 0-1. Nothing else matters because this is a new year and the rest is all history.

Michigan State may well end up being better than Indiana this year (and they might not), but that was NEVER the point.

I'm calling a spade a spade here... the elitist, "we're better than you" attitude started with you, not greasy and not me.

Now please excuse me while I go back to enjoying a nice win in the first game of a season I am very much looking forward to enjoying. Here is the very beginning, just in case you forgot:

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Nov 19, 2005 -> 12:02 AM)

Hoosiers win opener easily.......  Killingsworth shows he is a dominant player.  Look out Big Ten, the kid can flat out play.  Killingsworth's line:

28 pts, 13 rebounds, 6 assists, 4 blocks and 2 steals

Hoosiers Trounce Nicholls State/QUOTE

Again, Nicholls State.

Let's see what happens in East Lansing and at Champaign before we call him the second coming of Scott May.

Edited by Rex Hudler

Oh, and by the way, I am willing to bet a ton of money that Killingsworth is a better player than Scott May.

May is 51 years old for heaven's sake. Surely he has lost a step or two!

:fight

Edited by Rex Hudler

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Nov 20, 2005 -> 10:31 PM)
Your right, they did lose to George Mason.  At the same time Mason lost by like 5 to Wake Forest and thats Mason's only loss.

Yeah, George Mason is a very solid team, that returns some very good players. Even though I think UC-Irvine is a good team, don't forget Stanford was without their best player, IMO, Haryasz. Stanford really needs to do something with their soft court, as their players frequently hurt themselves.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Nov 21, 2005 -> 12:07 AM)
I'm done talking to you about this, Hud.

Come talk to me in March.

You aren't talking about it anymore because you know you were wrong. Pure and simple.

That said, Go Big Ten! EVEN Michigan State ;-)

Edited by Rex Hudler

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Nov 21, 2005 -> 01:02 AM)
You aren't talking about it anymore because you know you were wrong.  Pure and simple.

That said, Go Big Ten!  EVEN Michigan State  ;-)

Seems thats the case....

Moving on... Indiana takes on Florida A & M tommarow.

Just so happens I don't gotta work tomorrow, and...

Chaminade vs. #4 (at the moment) Michigan State - 2:30 (eastern) ESPN2, I luv the Silver Swords annual TV appearance. I guess the Spartans can at least go 1-1 vs. Hawaii teams.

#9 Gonzaga vs. #24 Maryland - 4:30 ESPN2, this one would be a great sweet 16 game in March. Maui does nothing to mellow Gary Williams out and the Zags outgun the Terps in a great high scoring game.

#14 West Virginia vs. #2 Texas - 7:00 ESPN2, Guardians Classic semi, could be another sweet 16 game, great matchup of styles. Texas probably wins but I'll be pulling for WVU.

#20 Iowa vs. #8 Kentucky - 9:00 ESPN2, other Guardians semi, another March type game. Rondo can single-handedly fend off Lipscomb, but not Iowa. IMHO, UK's a bit overrated.

#10 Arizona vs. Kansas - 9:00 ESPN, Zona's still a loaded team. Kansas will be rebuilding this year with loads of inexperienced guys, they'll be good before the year's over, but taking on UA this early could get ugly.

Arkansas vs. #3 Connecticut - 11:30 ESPN2, looks set up for a Maui semi with MSU vs Gonzaga/Maryland and Arizona vs UCONN.

Also tomorrow, but not on TV (in Virginia at least) IU gets a slightly more interesting exhibition game against Florida A&M. I'm a Hoosier fan (born and partly raised in Indiana) but I won't add anything to this MSU/IU fray until Indiana proves they are one of the best Big Ten teams again. (although, if Michigan State pulls a Ralph Sampson in Maui, umm that would be worth a shot or two).

Plenty of reasons out there to bash ESPN, but tomorrow isn't one of them.

:drink :headbang

QUOTE(gettysburg32 @ Nov 21, 2005 -> 04:29 AM)
Just so happens I don't gotta work tomorrow, and...

Chaminade vs. #4 (at the moment) Michigan State - 2:30 (eastern) ESPN2,  I luv the Silver Swords annual TV appearance.  I guess the Spartans can at least go 1-1 vs. Hawaii teams.

#9 Gonzaga vs. #24 Maryland - 4:30 ESPN2, this one would be a great sweet 16 game in March.  Maui does nothing to mellow Gary Williams out and the Zags outgun the Terps in a great high scoring game.

#14 West Virginia vs. #2 Texas - 7:00 ESPN2, Guardians Classic semi, could be another sweet 16 game, great matchup of styles.  Texas probably wins but I'll be pulling for WVU.

#20 Iowa vs. #8 Kentucky - 9:00 ESPN2, other Guardians semi, another March type game.  Rondo can single-handedly fend off Lipscomb, but not Iowa.  IMHO, UK's a bit overrated. 

#10 Arizona vs. Kansas - 9:00 ESPN, Zona's still a loaded team.  Kansas will be rebuilding this year with loads of inexperienced guys, they'll be good before the year's over, but taking on UA this early could get ugly.

Arkansas vs. #3 Connecticut - 11:30 ESPN2, looks set up for a Maui semi with MSU vs Gonzaga/Maryland and Arizona vs UCONN.

Also tomorrow, but not on TV (in Virginia at least) IU gets a slightly more interesting exhibition game against Florida A&M.  I'm a Hoosier fan (born and partly raised in Indiana) but I won't add anything to this MSU/IU fray until Indiana proves they are one of the best Big Ten teams again.  (although, if Michigan State pulls a Ralph Sampson in Maui, umm that would be worth a shot or two).

Plenty of reasons out there to bash ESPN, but tomorrow isn't one of them. 

:drink  :headbang

pittsnogle!

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Nov 21, 2005 -> 12:46 AM)
Dear all Illinois, Indiana, and Michigan St fans:

Please revisit this thread in January, when Big Ten play starts.

Thank you.

But, but, but....Oh ok fine :D

My only question is how come the Iowa fans (Gage) get excluded from this...

Bold predictions for today: Iowa upsets Kentucky and Maryland beats Gonzaga. The Zags did not look good in their first game at all. The Terps are deeper, more athletic, and have more guys that can score. Morrison is going to need a monster game, because Ravio will have his hands full trying to score on Strawberry and while he may be stronger than the Terps' bigs Batista is not as long or athletic.

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Nov 21, 2005 -> 09:55 AM)
Bold predictions for today: Iowa upsets Kentucky and Maryland beats Gonzaga. The Zags did not look good in their first game at all. The Terps are deeper, more athletic, and have more guys that can score. Morrison is going to need a monster game, because Ravio will have his hands full trying to score on Strawberry and while he may be stronger than the Terps' bigs Batista is not as long or athletic.

Iowa beating a Kentucky team without Randolph Morris isn't really a bold prediction. UK without Morris is really more like a borderline top 25 team.