25 Northern Iowa/Nevada

OTHERS RECEIVING VOTES

George Mason 74, Wisconsin 66, Marquette 60, Bucknell 36, UAB 20,

Western Kentucky 11, Creighton 8, California 8, San Diego State 7,

Wichita State 5, UTEP 3, Colorado 3, Air Force 2, Alabama 2, Houston 1,

Iona 1, Kentucky 1, Missouri State 1.

DROPPED FROM RANKINGS

Bucknell 24.

I'm beginning to think the national champ is going to be UConn or Villanova. I used to have Texas right up there and Georgetown as a dark horse, but I'm beginnning to sour on those two because of suspect backcourts. I don't think Duke can win 6 in a row on a neutral court with at least semi-neutral refs, and Memphis is probably too young. None of the other teams really jump out at me.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Feb 20, 2006 -> 03:18 PM)
Nice!  SIU still in at a 10 seed! 

And I hate saying this but Joe Lunardi usually can pick these very well.

He gets the teams that make the tourney right, but his seeding is usually pretty iffy.

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Feb 20, 2006 -> 03:20 PM)
He gets the teams that make the tourney right, but his seeding is usually pretty iffy.

Hey, I will be happy if they stay in. I dont mind a lower seed, I think the Salukis are capable of winning a game in the tourney this year. That doesnt mean they will, but I think they can.

QUOTE(Jimbo's Drinker @ Feb 20, 2006 -> 01:32 AM)
Well how about that for a bet.  KU loses to Texas, i will not speak a word of Kansas for a week.  KU wins, heads will not discuss ISU for a week.

Thanks for the compliment though.

No worries, if we should lose... I'll be more than happy to pick up the slack. By then, it will be 12 in a row, and the sweetest Big XII title weve ever witnessed. :D

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 20, 2006 -> 03:42 PM)
#8 in both polls, nice.  I am still amazed this team is the #8 team in America, we just don't look NEARLY that good.  What a down year nationwide.

No kidding, once you get past the big 4 of Duke, UConn, Villanova, and Memphis the teams start getting pretty suspect.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Feb 20, 2006 -> 02:23 PM)
Hey, I will be happy if they stay in.  I dont mind a lower seed, I think the Salukis are capable of winning a game in the tourney this year.  That doesnt mean they will, but I think they can.

Every bracket projection has us as one of the last in or one of hte last out, basically we're squarely on the bubble. The problem is, Evansville win or lose is going to drop our rpi. Basically, we have to win 3 in a row to give ourselves a shot, and 4 in a row will get us in for sure.

Awesome -- Marquette at a #6 seed? That's excellent.

I'm thinking they'll end up closer to #7 or 8. I'd just rather they not be an #8 or 9, for obvious reasons...

Still, though, if they get a matchup with a team that doesn't have an inside presense, watch out. That's really Marquette's biggest weakness -- they're awful on the inside.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Feb 20, 2006 -> 08:38 PM)
He's still wearing the boot, last I saw him.  Bringing him back for the NIT?

This could be the surprise that Davis says he has for Sunday.

Zach, are you going on Wed night?