Official College Basketball Thread

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Feb 20, 2006 -> 08:28 PM)
By the way, you guys need to take care of Iowa on Saturday (I think that's when it is).

Oh we'll try out darndest. Yeah, it's saturday at 5pm CT. I believe it's on ESPN.

However, we need to beat Michigan tomorrow to have any sort of shot at sharing the title.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Feb 20, 2006 -> 10:07 PM)
Oh we'll try out darndest. Yeah, it's saturday at 5pm CT. I believe it's on ESPN.

However, we need to beat Michigan tomorrow to have any sort of shot at sharing the title.

Since I am rooting for an Iowa collapse, I'll root for any team to take them out.

The more the merrier.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 20, 2006 -> 10:31 PM)
Wouldn't that eliminate his chance at getting a medical redshirt? Or is he already not eligible to get one.

He's eligible. If he played, he obviously wouldn't get it.

I don't see him returning making much of a difference since he wouldn't be 100%, if he even returns. However, a redshirt's not going to do much for him anyways.

I'd be surprised for him to think about leaving, being that he'd have to sit out 2 straight years basically. He could just stay here, and play a healthy, full year and go to the NBA. I don't see him exhausting his eligibility or really needing the medical redshirt.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Feb 20, 2006 -> 03:25 PM)
Every bracket projection has us as one of the last in or one of hte last out, basically we're squarely on the bubble.  The problem is, Evansville win or lose is going to drop our rpi.  Basically, we have to win 3 in a row to give ourselves a shot, and 4 in a row will get us in for sure.

Just win Arch Madness!!!

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 20, 2006 -> 10:31 PM)
Wouldn't that eliminate his chance at getting a medical redshirt? Or is he already not eligible to get one.

He's not staying all four years anyhow, so it doesn't really matter.

He's only going to play one more year in college, whether it be at IU or elsewhere.

Good stuff, big Vag aka Daryl Dora is a complete waste of a 6'9 240 pound body. The guy plays like he's 6' 160 pounds, yet he won't shoot 3's either. Doesn't bang inside, and won't shoot an open shot, I don't understand what the point of him being on the floor is. Congrats to Kelvin Sampson as well, guy can get anybody into OU on a basketball scholarship, no matter the grades, and can barely beat TTU without a real big man.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Feb 21, 2006 -> 04:11 AM)
Good stuff, big Vag aka Daryl Dora is a complete waste of a 6'9 240 pound body. The guy plays like he's 6' 160 pounds, yet he won't shoot 3's either. Doesn't bang inside, and won't shoot an open shot, I don't understand what the point of him being on the floor is. Congrats to Kelvin Sampson as well, guy can get anybody into OU on a basketball scholarship, no matter the grades, and can barely beat TTU without a real big man.

Dora is the best passer on TTech. The problem with that team is that it's basically J. Jackson and Zeno, and no one else. Zeno hasn't improved at all from last year. Ronald Ross was the most underrated player in the country last year, and no one besides J. Jackson has improved.

Dora is a very good passer. But a 6'9 240 pound perimeter floater doesn't add much on the floor, especially when the team is looking for others with enough balls to take shots to help Jarrius out. I don't mind so much that he doesn't bang inside at 6'9 240, but he has a nice outside shot, and what really pisses me off is that he won't take open shots, which the play is designed to find.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Feb 20, 2006 -> 07:07 PM)

Screw that. I fear an Iowa collapse. We need to have a strong game on the road.