Official College Basketball Thread

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Feb 21, 2006 -> 05:36 PM)
KU may beat the Zags but I don't think Ill would.

KU would absolutely destroy zaga imo. I actually think Illinois would be able to take them down as well, a team that plays no offense vs a team that plays no defense. I'll take the team that plays d.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Feb 21, 2006 -> 03:39 PM)
KU would absolutely destroy zaga imo.  I actually think Illinois would be able to take them down as well, a team that plays no offense vs a team that plays no defense.  I'll take the team that plays d.

In most instances I agree, not in the Illini's case. They are too dependent on one guy. Morrison is a stud, but Batista is pretty damn solid as well.

On a unrelated sidenote, Pepperdine's leading scorer last night Forehan Kelly was on my schools amazing high school basketball team (same year as me). It was cool seeing he finally caught on somewhere cause I always thought he was a pretty damn solid player.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Feb 21, 2006 -> 05:42 PM)
In most instances I agree, not in the Illini's case. They are too dependent on one guy.

That's the thing, they don't really depend on one guy. They depend on the 4th best scoring defense, and 11th best FG% defense in the nation.

Edited by WHarris1

Ok, Illinois fans, please explain something to me. I look at the illiniboard, and they're praising Chester Frazier for his game so far tonight. Am I watching a different game? He's out of control, and I think people are confusing hustle for overagressiveness.

QUOTE(fathom @ Feb 21, 2006 -> 06:49 PM)
Ok, Illinois fans, please explain something to me.  I look at the illiniboard, and they're praising Chester Frazier for his game so far tonight.  Am I watching a different game?  He's out of control, and I think people are confusing hustle for overagressiveness.

When has he been out of control tonight? He has played good D outside of the really dumb foul on Smith and he has been fine on offense tonight.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan99 @ Feb 22, 2006 -> 12:50 AM)
When has he been out of control tonight?  He has played good D outside of the really dumb foul on Smith and he has been fine on offense tonight.

All I know is if you read what they're saying during the game, you'd think he's a Hall of Famer in the making. Going up against the other teams big man and getting the ball spiked in your face, as well as fouling a poor 3 pt shooter, isn't exactly playing smart basketball.

BTW, Marcus Williams has 15 pts, 9 assists, and 6 rebs.....AT THE HALF!

QUOTE(fathom @ Feb 21, 2006 -> 06:53 PM)
Going up against the other teams big man and getting the ball spiked in your face, as well as fouling a poor 3 pt shooter, isn't exactly playing smart basketball.

You mean the play Graham Brown hammered him with the body. That is a foul in any other game I have ever watched. Fouling Smith was stupid but it happens. I think Chester will be a good player, I do think people either seem to be to high on him or to low on him. I've seen comparisons to Dee as a freshman and I have seen comparisons to Jerrance Howard when the truth lies somewhere in between.

All I know is if you read what they're saying during the game, you'd think he's a Hall of Famer in the making.  Going up against the other teams big man and getting the ball spiked in your face, as well as fouling a poor 3 pt shooter, isn't exactly playing smart basketball.

Hardly out of control. He's young, he's clearly learning and has much more learning to do, but, out of control? Nope.

All I know is if you read what they're saying during the game, you'd think he's a Hall of Famer in the making.  Going up against the other teams big man and getting the ball spiked in your face, as well as fouling a poor 3 pt shooter, isn't exactly playing smart basketball.

Your first problem is that you pay attention to what people say on Illini Board :huh:

QUOTE(whitesoxfan99 @ Feb 21, 2006 -> 08:21 PM)
How about Dee initiates the offense or attacks?  Or how about Dee wakes up and plays some defense?

I was suprised yesterday that illinois was given such a high ranking. Im pretty sure that was just because of the defence and the senior leadership. Being an illini fan i havent been satisfied much this season. There have always been close games. That could be because of the big ten's strength but this team needs some defining road wins. Lets win this one!