Official College Basketball Thread

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(whitesoxfan99 @ Feb 22, 2006 -> 10:41 PM)
Really? From where did you get this bulls***.

It's all over the illinois. board. They are saying Rose is pissed at Bruce Almighty for some reason.

Well it was, but the mods took it off, the illini are now discussing it at phog.net

Edited by Jimbo's Drinker

QUOTE(Jimbo's Drinker @ Feb 22, 2006 -> 10:39 PM)
Rumor has it Rose is thinking no-go to the Illini after all.  hmmmm could Bruce Almighty lose another.

Nice you forgot to mention it's because his punk ass brother wants money. Let Rose go play for Ohio State if he wants that, we have plenty of other top 2007 players interested, and 3 already on board.

QUOTE(Jimbo's Drinker @ Feb 22, 2006 -> 10:42 PM)
It's all over the illinois. board.  They are saying Rose is pissed at Bruce Almighty for some reason.

Well it was, but the mods took it off, the illini are now discussing it at phog.net

You posted Gordon originally. And if the rumors I have heard are true about Rose's brother, then I don't blame Weber at all for this situation.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 22, 2006 -> 10:44 PM)
Nice you forgot to mention it's because his punk ass brother wants money.  Let Rose go play for Ohio State if he wants that, we have plenty of other top 2007 players interested, and 3 already on board.

Actually I heard Rose is looking at UNC now...I did not know about the money part, interesting.

QUOTE(Jimbo's Drinker @ Feb 22, 2006 -> 10:45 PM)
Actually I heard Rose is looking at UNC now...I did not know about the money part, interesting.

Well I was just saying tOSU, I know he's probably going to end up at UNC. And trust me, Bruce has pissed me off with some lost recruits, but this will not be one of them. That money story is accurate, unless a almost always accurate source has bad info all of a sudden, it's not like the illiniboard premium bs you see so often (ie Freeman to Illinois being final).

QUOTE(Jimbo's Drinker @ Feb 22, 2006 -> 10:46 PM)
We recruited a white kid who is not european, have not seen that at KU since the Iowa boys...haha.

We're a hell of a lot more pissed at one of the white Iowa boys than the two others.

We have a white kid from Duluth. For our sake, I hope he brings enough testicles for the entire post rotation.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Feb 22, 2006 -> 10:47 PM)
We're a hell of a lot more pissed at one of the white Iowa boys than the two others.

We have a white kid from Duluth. For our sake, I hope he brings enough testicles for the entire post rotation.

If he's as good as Minnesota Boy sullivan, I am worried. Jake the snake was so good.

QUOTE(Jimbo's Drinker @ Feb 22, 2006 -> 10:48 PM)
If he's as good as Minnesota Boy sullivan, I am worried.  Jake the snake was so good.

He's coming close to the points scored, but he's 6-7. Cory Johnson's his name. We're also getting P'Allen Stinnett and Lawrence Westbrook.

QUOTE(Jimbo's Drinker @ Feb 22, 2006 -> 09:41 PM)
I remember Collison talked to one of my classes.  He was asked about recruiing and said... he was going to sign at ISU but Eustachy scared his gramma, and he decided to drop them.

I know Colly was an ISU guy and that was the one that got away but if Hinrich were going to stay in state my cousin told me from what he heard he was going to go to Iowa (my cousin is the only way I get any recruiting info...well that and you guys and you do an awful job keeping me up to date on who Iowa is recruiting, lol).

That said I still love Hinrich but if he were a Hawkeye grad...oh man I'd have an even bigger man crush. I just appreciate the fact that Hinrich is such a damn solid all around player and not many youngsters are willing to play as gritty as him. He's whats right in the NBA, imo.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Feb 22, 2006 -> 11:49 PM)
Anything with Rose not going to Illinois is news to me, I fully expect him to be at Illinois in the end, with things getting smoothed out.

He won't end up at Illinois as long as his brother is running the show, no chance in hell. I had bad feelings about that since I read it 6 weeks ago, seeing as his brother is a failed athlete trying to live through his brother. This isn't going in a good direction at all.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 22, 2006 -> 11:53 PM)
He won't end up at Illinois as long as his brother is running the show, no chance in hell.  I had bad feelings about that since I read it 6 weeks ago, seeing as his brother is a failed athlete trying to live through his brother.  This isn't going in a good direction at all.

What is the deal with his bro??who is he and where did he come from.

QUOTE(Jimbo's Drinker @ Feb 22, 2006 -> 11:57 PM)
What is the deal with his bro??who is he and where did he come from.

All I know about him is he was an all state baller at Chicago Hubbard in the mid 90's (so much so that he got his number retired) who didn't do much after that. And that he's pretty much taken over his brother's recruitment, which by all accounts was a red flag the day it happened (which was in early January).

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 22, 2006 -> 11:59 PM)
All I know about him is he was an all state baller at Chicago Hubbard in the mid 90's (so much so that he got his number retired) who didn't do much after that.  And that he's pretty much taken over his brother's recruitment, which by all accounts was a red flag the day it happened (which was in early January).

I did not know that, that sucks.

QUOTE(Jimbo's Drinker @ Feb 23, 2006 -> 12:00 AM)
I did not know that, that sucks.

The CPL has so much talent but damn is it a crapshoot to recruit. The ideal senario is to cherry pick guys out of the near "suburban" schools, which is why IMO losing Julian Wright hurt us 10 times more than losing Sherron.