Official College Basketball Thread

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Nov 22, 2005 -> 11:01 AM)
19 rebounds from a point guard is unheard of.

Unheard of, but true.

Wildcats point guard Rajon Rondo had a career-high 19 rebounds, a Guardians Classic record, but was held to five points -- 13 below his season average -- on 1-for-9 shooting. He didn't score until he hit a layup with just over 5½ minutes left.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=253250096

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Nov 22, 2005 -> 04:47 PM)
I'm watching "The Sports List" on FSN right now and it's reliving the top 10 greatest moments in March Madness History. #5 is Bryce Drew's game winner versus Old Miss. :) Now I'm ready for college basketball season.

I still remember where I was when that happened. I was in Yan Wolfman's physics class at Portage High School. A couple of the guys in that class convinced Mr. Wolfman to turn the game on while we were working on a problem set. When the shot went in...Our whole class erupted. Simultaneously...every other classroom on the same floor of the building as me erupted as well.

Double OT for Zags and Spartans.

Gonzaga almost won it in OT when the shot clock went off and State thought that was the end of OT and Gonzaga missed an easy putback with guys walking off the floor. That was close.

Looks like Texas is going to get this one. Ticks me off because Iowa was totally off shooting tonight and was winning for a good amount of the game. Fouls trouble had an effect and I've never seen Horner miss that many open shots in a 2 game stretch (between yesterday and today).

Still even if/when they lose tonight, I'm really impressed with this squad. They aren't playing good yet were totally in this game.

f*** it, they are going to get hot late and come back and win this baby.