Official College Basketball Thread

George Mason, Wilmington (already in of course), and Hofstra should all get in. Hopefully they do, I have a bad feeling that Hofstra will get left out due to the blowout loss tonight and George Mason's being ranked earlier this year. Just a hunch though.

Oh, and I'd love to see Indiana play somebody like George Washington or Gonzaga in the 2nd round. They could definitely beat those guys, hell even if you gave them another shot at Duke and put it on a neutral floor with the way Duke is playing.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 7, 2006 -> 02:28 AM)
George Mason, Wilmington (already in of course), and Hofstra should all get in.  Hopefully they do, I have a bad feeling that Hofstra will get left out due to the blowout loss tonight and George Mason's being ranked earlier this year.  Just a hunch though.

Oh, and I'd love to see Indiana play somebody like George Washington or Gonzaga in the 2nd round.  They could definitely beat those guys, hell even if you gave them another shot at Duke and put it on a neutral floor with the way Duke is playing.

Let's not jump the gun on Indiana here. I'll assume at this point they are in the tourney, but let's go one game at a time. I expect IU to have a tough first round matchup.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Mar 6, 2006 -> 08:31 PM)
Let's not jump the gun on Indiana here.  I'll assume at this point they are in the tourney, but let's go one game at a time.  I expect IU to have a tough first round matchup.

Well they are in already. And obviously they are going to have a tough first round game that they could very easily lose, but they are also one of those types of teams that could end up like a #7 seed and do some serious damage.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 7, 2006 -> 02:32 AM)
Well they are in already.  And obviously they are going to have a tough first round game that they could very easily lose, but they are also one of those types of teams that could end up like a #7 seed and do some serious damage.

I certainly hope so. But I hope you can pardon my hesitance to look at ahead at all after this up and down season.

And FWIW, I think there are going to be some really, really good 7-10 and 8-9 first round matchups. Better than in most years.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Mar 6, 2006 -> 09:40 PM)
Haha sounds good to me.  I'd love to have him, but his health is such a question mark.

I'll chip in $100 for the surgery myself.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Mar 6, 2006 -> 08:34 PM)
I certainly hope so.  But I hope you can pardon my hesitance to look at ahead at all after this up and down season. 

And FWIW, I think there are going to be some really, really good 7-10 and 8-9 first round matchups.  Better than in most years.

Part 2 is 100 percent true due to the parity (which is actually mediocrity) across the nation this year. Just about anybody can beat anybody.

UL-Lafayette up 34-32 over Western Kentucky at the half in the Sun Belt semifinals.

WKU needs to win the tourney to make the dance IMO.

They're just not going to make it as an at-large despite their 23-6 record.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 6, 2006 -> 08:59 PM)
Part 2 is 100 percent true due to the parity (which is actually mediocrity) across the nation this year.  Just about anybody can beat anybody.

I'm really hoping we end up as a 7 or a 10 and draw Gonzaga 2nd round. Man, if that happens, Morrison is seriously going to cry the way our d would play him. It'd be fun to watch.