Official College Basketball Thread

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Mar 6, 2006 -> 10:17 PM)
I agree...that way the Zags can just slaughter em  :D

Than in the sweet 16, Iowa can drop the Zags.  :D

I'd love to see Iowa do good, hopefully my old school mate Horner can have a good tournament.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Mar 6, 2006 -> 10:21 PM)
This Gonzaga team is going down SO FAST in the NCAA Tourney, it isn't even funny.  If they're a one seed, they'll definitely be the first one seed knocked off.

Gosh, I hope Marquette is in the Zags bracket.

If Gonzaga is a one seed the tourney committee is an absolute fraud. Gonzaga doesn't even deserve a 2 seed.

I can just imagine this board if Gonzaga makes it to the sweet 16. What excuses would be used then?

I'm not a Zaga fan, but come on. Just because they barely won this game and some others recently doesn't mean they are going to get knocked off quickly. Duke has lost 2 in a row, are they going to lose in the first two rounds?

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Mar 6, 2006 -> 08:21 PM)
This Gonzaga team is going down SO FAST in the NCAA Tourney, it isn't even funny.  If they're a one seed, they'll definitely be the first one seed knocked off.

Gosh, I hope Marquette is in the Zags bracket.

Duke won't make it past the sweet 16. Soon to be Big West Conference Tourney champ Cal State Fullerton will knock them out in the sweet 16. They are gonna be the cinderell astory of the decade.

ROCK CHALK TITANS :D

QUOTE(illinilaw08 @ Mar 6, 2006 -> 10:19 PM)
Well, bubble teams rejoice.  Honestly are the Zags that weak that they need to scratch out all these games against inferior competition, or are they just playing down to their level?  I guess these questions will be answered in the next couple weeks.

I think it's a little bit of both. I don't think they're as good as their ranking is but they normally always play down to a team's level or up to a team's level.

QUOTE(Felix @ Mar 6, 2006 -> 10:24 PM)
I can just imagine this board if Gonzaga makes it to the sweet 16.  What excuses would be used then?

I'm not a Zaga fan, but come on.  Just because they barely won this game and some others recently doesn't mean they are going to get knocked off quickly.  Duke has lost 2 in a row, are they going to lose in the first two rounds?

Yeah I can't wait to hear the excuses either. Gonzaga deserves a #2 seed and that's what they'll get.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Mar 6, 2006 -> 08:26 PM)
Agree there too.

Iowa, Illinois, OSU all make the sweet 16. I think one of them goes elite 8 and may make it to the final 4.

My gut feeling says that team will be one of the I's. OSU will have a bad shooting night in the sweet 16 and go down.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Mar 6, 2006 -> 11:27 PM)
Iowa, Illinois, OSU all make the sweet 16.  I think one of them goes elite 8 and may make it to the final 4. 

My gut feeling says that team will be one of the I's.  OSU will have a bad shooting night in the sweet 16 and go down.

Sorry, but Iowa, depending on the bracket they are in, will not make it to the sweet 16, and has no chance in hell at the elite 8. Illinois can go far if they play up to their potential, but I don't see them in the elite 8 either. I think OSU has a valid chance at Elite 8, but again, more likely will lose in the sweet 16.

QUOTE(Felix @ Mar 6, 2006 -> 10:24 PM)
I can just imagine this board if Gonzaga makes it to the sweet 16.  What excuses would be used then?

I'm not a Zaga fan, but come on.  Just because they barely won this game and some others recently doesn't mean they are going to get knocked off quickly.  Duke has lost 2 in a row, are they going to lose in the first two rounds?

They've basically played all these wcc games close against s***ty competition. They're a horrible, horrible defensive team which is going to kill them. They're whiny, they're pussy's, and they don't defend, they're a complete fraud. They won't make it to the sweet 16 so we don't have to worry about that.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Mar 6, 2006 -> 10:31 PM)
They've basically played all these wcc games close against s***ty competition.  They're a horrible, horrible defensive team which is going to kill them.  They're whiny, they're pussy's and they don't defend, they're a complete fraud.  They won't make it to the sweet 16 so we don't have to worry about that.

haha we shall see

QUOTE(Felix @ Mar 6, 2006 -> 08:30 PM)
Sorry, but Iowa, depending on the bracket they are in, will not make it to the sweet 16, and has no chance in hell at the elite 8.  Illinois can go far if they play up to their potential, but I don't see them in the elite 8 either.  I think OSU has a valid chance at Elite 8, but again, more likely will lose in the sweet 16.

Defense is key and Iowa and Illiniois defend as good as any team in the country. I think Iowa goes out real quick or they stick around for a while. Illinois will be there. They are battle tested and play exceptional defense. They also have good athletes.

OSU relies on that outside shot and they haven't exactly been running away with things. They go down in the sweet 16. Depending on the draw, but I think they will.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Mar 6, 2006 -> 10:27 PM)
Yeah I can't wait to hear the excuses either.

Excuses? If they make it to the sweet 16, I'll have no problem admitting I'm wrong, but it ain't happening. I don't think anyone has made many excuses for why the zags have won these games, they're just playing s***ty ass competition and barely hanging on.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Mar 6, 2006 -> 11:34 PM)
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if 0 Big Ten teams make the Elite 8. I would think at least one would make it but there's not stand out team that can make it for sure.

I agree, I don't think any Big 10 teams will make it to the Elite 8. OSU and Illinois have the best shots, or maybe MSU if they get their act together (which I highly doubt will happen).

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Mar 6, 2006 -> 11:35 PM)
Excuses?  If they make it to the sweet 16, I'll have no problem admitting I'm wrong, but it ain't happening.  I don't think anyone has made many excuses for why the zags have won these games, they're just playing s***ty ass competition and barely hanging on.

The only stat that matters: W

:P

And again, Duke lost to 2 unranked teams and UNC on Senior Night. They going to get knocked off before the Sweet 16 too?

QUOTE(Felix @ Mar 6, 2006 -> 10:37 PM)
The only stat that matters: W

:P

And again, Duke lost to 2 unranked teams and UNC on Senior Night.  They going to get knocked off before the Sweet 16 too?

I just said last page that I don't think Duke is getting past the sweet 16.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Mar 6, 2006 -> 11:39 PM)
I just said last page that I don't think Duke is getting past the sweet 16.

Thats not what I said though. I said are they going to get knocked off before the Sweet 16, not in it.

lol @ the Gonzaga defenders. I will allow myself to be banned for a week if Gonzaga wins more than 2 NCAA Tourney games. They are a f***ing joke, and it will take a lot of luck for them to even survive the first weekend of the tournament.

Oh, and Chicago State won tonight, advancing to the Mid Con Title Game vs. Oral Roberts. The drive for 5 Illinois teams in the dance lives!

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Mar 6, 2006 -> 10:35 PM)
Excuses?  If they make it to the sweet 16, I'll have no problem admitting I'm wrong, but it ain't happening.  I don't think anyone has made many excuses for why the zags have won these games, they're just playing s***ty ass competition and barely hanging on.

There's been a lot of people saying the refs favor Gonzaga in general.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 6, 2006 -> 10:42 PM)
lol @ the Gonzaga defenders.  I will allow myself to be banned for a week if Gonzaga wins more than 2 NCAA Tourney games.  They are a f***ing joke, and it will take a lot of luck for them to even survive the first weekend of the tournament.

Oh, and Chicago State won tonight, advancing to the Mid Con Title Game vs. Oral Roberts.  The drive for 5 Illinois teams in the dance lives!

Winning more than 2 means getting to the Elite 8 huh, lol I think you're safe.

QUOTE(Felix @ Mar 6, 2006 -> 10:40 PM)
Thats not what I said though.  I said are they going to get knocked off before the Sweet 16, not in it.

To be honest, it's a possibility but I wouldn't count on it. Duke is a better team then Gonzaga, though this Duke team isn't very good. Atleast Duke attempts to play d but once again this is not one of their better defensive teams. Neither Duke or Gonzaga are very good this year to be honest. Also comparing georgetown, florida state, and unc to the likes of loyola marymount and san diego, ya.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 6, 2006 -> 10:45 PM)
Well you seem to think Gonzaga is so awesome, why do you laugh at how safe I am?

I never said Gonzaga is so awesome, I love how you put words into my mouth. I've only said I think they deserve more credit than you give them.