Official College Basketball Thread

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 04:13 AM)
Illini are playing like garbage, but finding ways to win.  The development of the team will improve greatly when Brown is moved back to off guard where he belongs.

He's not moving anywhere. They have no other point guard. Maybe I'm missing something, but Frazier looks awful when I've watched him.

QUOTE(fathom @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 04:15 AM)
He's not moving anywhere.  They have no other point guard.  Maybe I'm missing something, but Frazier looks awful when I've watched him.

I love Frazier's game. Can really work the ball around the court. The media is trying to make him shoot more. He's got one of those glorified shots. I believe that's why he looked like crap tonight. He was caught trying to find himself a shot on too many occasions.

What can i say, that was ugly. Dee looked like absolute crap. Thank God he made 2 free throws at the end, or this possible loss would have been all on him.

We did play a pretty good for a stretch in the 2nd half. But other than that, it was pretty foul. Turnovers everywhere, some terrible fouls and loose ball plays...i mean not scoring for about 5 minutes after working to get a 14 point lead is just inexcusable. We failed to run an offense half of the time. And on defense...i think UNC had about 3,000 points in the paint tonight. So many easy buckets, failed box outs, etc. We also didn't get back in transition vey well. There's certainly a lot to work on for this team.

Dee certainly didn't show the leadership i expected him to tonight. He better come around, and come around soon. I'm glad it's a W instead of an L against a pretty talented team, but that was not very satisfying. I guess i should just be happy cuz it's a W, but that was not pretty.

Also, Dickie V sucks, but that's old news.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 04:33 AM)
Don't get to down on Dee. Marcus Ginyard is an elite defender, even as a freshmen. He's going to lock down alot of good point guards this year. Thats one thing this Carolina team can do, is defend. Now shooting and rebounding, thats yet to be found.

R. Terry looks absolutely awful. I know he was supposed to be the main scorer for UNC this year, but his shooting has been pathetic so far. UNC is going to have a tough time making the tournament this year, as I think they'll struggle to win on the road in the ACC.

Yeah Reyshawn has been forcing shots this year. he was 12-20 from behind the arc last year, and is 0-7 this year, its been ugly. But I feel much better about our chances in the ACC after watching 2-3 games so far. We have alot of guys that can defend, handle the ball, and give alot of effort. The most impressive thing to me about it was that in the 2nd half, only freshmen scored for UNC, nobody else. We also missed Quentin Thomas's PG minutes and defense. He can really get out and run the break, better than Frasor. Frasor is better in the half court set, in which we struggled tonight.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Nov 29, 2005 -> 10:33 PM)
Don't get to down on Dee. Marcus Ginyard is an elite defender, even as a freshmen. He's going to lock down alot of good point guards this year. Thats one thing this Carolina team can do, is defend. Now shooting and rebounding, thats yet to be found.

I know. But he still didn't hit some open shots. He can't just limit himself to scoring in transition. If he's an all-american, he can't let a good defender make him shoot that terribly.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 04:40 AM)
I know. But he still didn't hit some open shots. He can't just limit himself to scoring in transition. If he's an all-american, he can't let a good defender make him shoot that terribly.

Dee does a TERRIBLE job at squaring up for shots coming off of the dribble. He's a very good shooter when he gets the ball passed to him and can get his body underneath him. However, when he pulls up off the dribble, there aren't many worse shooters than he is. He was fading away on a lot of his shots tonight also. I've never thought that he projects as a NBA player, and everyone should be more concerned with how he does for the Illini than what this means for his NBA career.

QUOTE(fathom @ Nov 29, 2005 -> 10:43 PM)
Dee does a TERRIBLE job at squaring up for shots coming off of the dribble.  He's a very good shooter when he gets the ball passed to him and can get his body underneath him.  However, when he pulls up off the dribble, there aren't many worse shooters than he is.  He was fading away on a lot of his shots tonight also.  I've never thought that he projects as a NBA player, and everyone should be more concerned with how he does for the Illini than what this means for his NBA career.

I am, and i was for Deron and Luther. I honestly could care less what these guys do in the NBA (i mean i'd rather have them be successful, but you know what i mean)

And you are correct about his shooting. But right now, he can't even make the open shots when he does have time to get his body under him. I don't understand it.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 04:46 AM)
I am, and i was for Deron and Luther. I honestly could care less what these guys do in the NBA (i mean i'd rather have them be successful, but you know what i mean)

And you are correct about his shooting. But right now, he can't even make the open shots when he does have time to get his body under him. I don't understand it.

Krush...you seem like an intelligent Illini fan. You know how a lot of the posters on the illiniboard seem to mention Dee's NBA career every other hour. Congrats on the win though...and congrats on getting Gordon.

QUOTE(fathom @ Nov 29, 2005 -> 10:48 PM)
Krush...you seem like an intelligent Illini fan.  You know how a lot of the posters on the illiniboard seem to mention Dee's NBA career every other hour.  Congrats on the win though...and congrats on getting Gordon.

Yeah i know what you mean with that. I don't just look at college basketball players and try to figure out how good they'll be in the pros. The same goes for college football players and the NFL. When i tell people i think Bush should win the Heisman, some have said that Young/Leinart will be a better pro. Guess what, I DON'T CARE. And furthermore, last time i checked, "nfl potential" wasn't a factor in the Heisman voting. When Crouch won it for Nebraska, he deserved it. It doesn't matter what he did in the NFL.

I want Dee to be a good college player and help the Illini win some games, not just develop into an NBA point guard. And right now if his concern is the NBA... :unsure: