Official College Basketball Thread

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Dec 4, 2005 -> 09:13 PM)
1.6 wasn't the right call. The clock stops when the ball is completely through the net, there was no more than 1 second on the clock when it finally made its way through.

You're just wrong here palehose. You know I try to be as objective as I can be when it comes to Duke on here but 1.6 was the right call.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Dec 4, 2005 -> 09:14 PM)
You're just wrong here palehose.  You know I try to be as objective as I can be when it comes to Duke on here but 1.6 was the right call.

It was the right call, but i wish they had 1 second left. Duke has some magic with last second wins like that.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Dec 5, 2005 -> 12:01 AM)
Gonzaga down 65-56 with 13 minutes left at Washington

Gonzaga has shown zero ability to stop Washington on the defensive end of the court...but they are still in the game. 72-69 with 10 minutes left...

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Dec 4, 2005 -> 11:14 PM)
Gonzaga has shown zero ability to stop Washington on the defensive end of the court...but they are still in the game. 72-69 with 10 minutes left...

It would be nice to see one of these teams actually play defense for even a posession or two but its been an entertaining game to watch.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Dec 4, 2005 -> 11:49 PM)
Washington wins 99-95

Morrison missed a 3 to take the lead, then they missed the put back, then had to foul and Wash hit both.

Defense is going to be Gonzaga's achilles heel all season. They can score and Morrison is probably the best player in the country, but they can't stop anyone. You don't win championships or advance deep in the tourney without playing defense.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Dec 4, 2005 -> 11:53 PM)
This Morrison guy isn't half bad :lol: , averaging 30ppg through 6 games now. He's got a great shot at NPOY.

He's fun to watch. The guy is an akward player if that makes any sense. He dribbles funny, he takes off balance shots where I think he has no shot to even get the ball off and he just drains them some how. He's awesome, that's for sure.