Official College Basketball Thread

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy f***...so NIU made the 1st freethrow and than missed the 2nd only to get another f***ing offensive board.

What the f*** Iowa, get some damn rebounds. Luckily Brunner hit the 3 after 2 more made free throws but they are putting this upon themselves. Hopefully they get lucky and send this to double OT, but I doubt it.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Dec 6, 2005 -> 09:15 PM)
Game set match.  Iowa f***ing blows it and they lose because they couldn't f***ing rebound.

Well, ISU can't rebound either. So it'll be interesting to watch.

No word on Horner yet.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Dec 6, 2005 -> 09:22 PM)
So Bail, the Squawks, and Indiana all lose to mid majors in the same night??

Hilarious.  Actually I guess St. Joe's isn't a mid major now that I think of it.  But still funny.

KU this season 3-4, Illinois in their last 63 games 59-4, that is all.

Perfect quote from a Hawk fan:

"Now I know how it feels to be a Cyclone FB fan, they lead you with a carrot (win against Iowa) and lose to Baylor at home. Iowa beats Kentucky and loses to UNI... Now I know why Jack Trice has so many empty seats."

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Dec 7, 2005 -> 03:11 AM)
I should just add that is f***ing pathetic by Iowa.  They gave up 2 offensive rebounds in the possession and NIU finally hit a 3 to take a 2 point lead (it was the 3rd 3 they attempted of the posession).

Jason how long you been an Iowa fan? How far back do you go with Hawkeye Hoops?

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Dec 6, 2005 -> 10:15 PM)
Perfect quote from a Hawk fan:

"Now I know how it feels to be a Cyclone FB fan, they lead you with a carrot (win against Iowa) and lose to Baylor at home. Iowa beats Kentucky and loses to UNI... Now I know why Jack Trice has so many empty seats."

Eh. It's basketball. You get "upset" from time-to-time. Santa Clara didn't stop UNC from winning the National Championship.

I use the term "upset" loosely, as Iowa was actually the underdog tonight.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Dec 6, 2005 -> 10:27 PM)
Eh. It's basketball. You get "upset" from time-to-time. Santa Clara didn't stop UNC from winning the National Championship.

I use the term "upset" loosely, as Iowa was actually the underdog tonight.

I'm just using it to draw a parallel between Iowa hoops and ISU football.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Dec 6, 2005 -> 10:24 PM)
Jason how long you been an Iowa fan?  How far back do you go with Hawkeye Hoops?

I still think Andre Woolridge was VASTLY underrated, and am consistently surprised not to see him playing in the NBA.

I go back to the Gamble/Armstrong/Marble teams....

I recently ran into Wade Lookingbill. THE GREAT WADE LOOKINGBILL! -- The MSU game after Chris Street died was pretty special too.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Dec 6, 2005 -> 10:34 PM)
I still think Andre Woolridge was VASTLY underrated, and am consistently surprised not to see him playing in the NBA.

I recently ran into Wade Lookingbill. THE GREAT WADE LOOKINGBILL! -- The MSU game after Chris Street died was pretty special too.

He was very underrated. I think he was playing in the NBDL, not quite sure if he is anymore. But it is unfortunate he never really had a shot to play in the NBA.

I had to go for UNI since I'm planning on going there next year as a transfer from a community college. It's going to be either UNI or Iowa State.

I hope Horner's ok, I went to high school with him, he's a very nice guy.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Dec 7, 2005 -> 04:34 AM)

I sat behind the Iowa bench at Mackey Arena at the height of the Marble/Armstrong era. I remember a few things about that game...

1. Mackey Arena was as loud of an arena as I have ever been in. It was packed and a big time atmosphere.

2. BJ Armstrong looked like a 16-yr old on TV. He looked like a 12-yr old in person.

3. Ed Horton may have had the widest shoulders I have ever seen on a human being.

4. Sitting in the folding chairs behind the bench sucks because you can't see over the damned players!

In that era, you may remember Mark Jewell, was was from Lafayette (Indiana Mr. Basketball 1986, I think?). He was recruited to Iowa by Coach Raveling and then Tom Davis took over. Mark didn't fit into that offense as well and transferred to Evansville. He and I became real good friends at UE. We went up to Lafayette to see the Iowa game in his reds*** year, hence the above story.