Official College Basketball Thread

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Dec 9, 2005 -> 03:07 PM)
If you have full court. So probably not.

Anyone in Iowa, though. The crowd is expected to be one of the loudest in the history of Hilton Coliseum, which is saying a lot.

good luck heads, i took you guys tonight

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Dec 9, 2005 -> 09:29 PM)
Haha, so Iowa is the #3 team in their own state.  Good stuff.

Remember, Drake took Boston College to the wire, losing by 3. I suppose it's not out of the realm of possibility for Drake to win, but I believe it's in Iowa City.

God tonight was fun.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Dec 10, 2005 -> 01:10 AM)
Nice little saturday...

Illinois/Oregon

I'm a little worried about this game tomorrow. Illinois is without a doubt much better than Oregon, but the game being Portland just two days after the Georgetown game is concerning. The tough travel schedule along with the fact they have been playing a lot of games lately could lead to some fatigue.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan99 @ Dec 10, 2005 -> 01:12 AM)
I'm a little worried about this game tomorrow.  Illinois is without a doubt much better than Oregon, but the game being Portland just two days after the Georgetown game is concerning.  The tough travel schedule along with the fact they have been playing a lot of games lately could lead to some fatigue.

most illini fans share the same sentiment.

While oregon isn't exactly good, it's a lot of games, a rough travel schedule, and any road game is tough no matter what.

I think it'll be close, but we'll pull it out. There was so much promise on thursday.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan99 @ Dec 10, 2005 -> 01:12 AM)
I'm a little worried about this game tomorrow.  Illinois is without a doubt much better than Oregon, but the game being Portland just two days after the Georgetown game is concerning.  The tough travel schedule along with the fact they have been playing a lot of games lately could lead to some fatigue.

No doubt. We're on short rest and Oregon has been sitting around for a week. It's a tough matchup regardless of the travel as well. It would be real, real nice to pull this one out though.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Dec 10, 2005 -> 10:25 AM)
Heading up to IU and UK today.

Hoping Davis can finally beat UK or this could just be another piece in the demise of Mike Davis.

IMO this is a game IU needs to win.

Agreed. Killingsworth needs to show up big today, and I think he will. It seems he likes the big stage. Also, the 3 point game needs to come back today; they should have the opportunity if Kentucky decides to double-team Marco.

Also, IU needs to use their speed to their advantage today. Kentucky won't be able to keep up with that kind of tempo, with their big men.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Dec 10, 2005 -> 10:41 AM)
Agreed.  Killingsworth needs to show up big today, and I think he will.  It seems he likes the big stage.  Also, the 3 point game needs to come back today; they should have the opportunity if Kentucky decides to double-team Marco. 

Also, IU needs to use their speed to their advantage today.  Kentucky won't be able to keep up with that kind of tempo, with their big men.

UK has no inside game. They have 2 big guys who are, IMO, major stiffs.

They need to go down low with Killingsworth early, establish him, then open up the gates from behind the 3-point arc.

I like IU in this game by around 10 or so, but if UK plays their best game, it could be a really good game. It all depends on whether Sparks, Moss, Crawford, Bradley can defend on the perimeter. So far this season, those guys have not done the job. Really only Rondo is a good perimeter defender for UK. IU just needs to move the ball well and get good shots and they should be fine.

QUOTE(SnB @ Dec 10, 2005 -> 09:08 AM)
how the hell has OSU only played 3 games?

osu underscheduled early because the start of the college season coincides with their fall quarter finals. it is odd, though.

i share concern about the game with oregon today. they've had a week to sit around and they love to run. people might point to the loss to georgetown as a reason illinois should win, but oregon just struggled to adjust to georgetown's style since they never see it. illinois was more prepared for that since they play northwestern regularly.

i still think illinois will win, but they will have to play more sound offensive basketball than they have recently to get it done. we know the defense will be there.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Dec 10, 2005 -> 02:43 AM)
Iowa f***ed up this week.  They'll be near the bottom of the top 25 now.

Brunner had the quietest double-double ever. He only had 4 points til garbage time. You guys got ate up by two sophomores along with Stinson and Blalock.

Dear God, Rahshon Clark may be the most exciting sophomore in the nation.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Dec 10, 2005 -> 04:15 PM)
UK has no inside game.  They have 2 big guys who are, IMO, major stiffs.

They need to go down low with Killingsworth early, establish him, then open up the gates from behind the 3-point arc.

I like IU in this game by around 10 or so, but if UK plays their best game, it could be a really good game.  It all depends on whether Sparks, Moss, Crawford, Bradley can defend on the perimeter.  So far this season, those guys have not done the job.  Really only Rondo is a good perimeter defender for UK.  IU just needs to move the ball well and get good shots and they should be fine.

I agree, but those stiffs always seem to find a way to kill IU. Last year Alleyne (sp?) absolutely killed them. It may have been his only good game all year!

IU does need to win, but like the Indiana State game, no one game is make or break for this season for Coach Davis. Granted, the more games they lose, the more important later ones become.

I'm not as confident as you, but I am certainly prepared to be pleasantly surprised. This rivalry has become so lopsided, that I have lost a little interest. It's tough seeing your team get killed so regularly against a team you despise.

Have fun today and hopefully the Hoosiers can pull one out. The atmosphere for this game is always great. The 50/50 split is pretty awesome.

QUOTE(thedoctor @ Dec 10, 2005 -> 10:20 AM)
osu underscheduled early because the start of the college season coincides with their fall quarter finals. it is odd, though.

i share concern about the game with oregon today. they've had a week to sit around and they love to run. people might point to the loss to georgetown as a reason illinois should win, but oregon just struggled to adjust to georgetown's style since they never see it. illinois was more prepared for that since they play northwestern regularly.

i still think illinois will win, but they will have to play more sound offensive basketball than they have recently to get it done. we know the defense will be there.

The Iowa State - Ohio State suddenly looks like ISU may have a shot again. What can I look forward to out of tOSU and Dials.