Official College Basketball Thread

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jan 6, 2006 -> 03:47 PM)
Here's a nice corollary for you

Alford:Hawkeyes Basketball::McCarney:Cyclones Football

Oh, I thought you were gonna say both lead directly to Hawkeye losses.

:P

I agree with it though. We need someone else. So do you guys.

20051211_170542.jpg

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(q\/\/3r+y @ Jan 7, 2006 -> 10:26 AM)
You must really be an illini fan if you are willing to do that...

Nah, we are due for a big win. Iowa usually plays up to its competition and Alford is again getting near the brink of being gone so he's going to find a way to save his job. Its going to start with a win against the Illini.

This is a talented Iowa squad, it just happens to be ruined with a s***ty coach.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jan 7, 2006 -> 12:28 PM)
Nah, we are due for a big win.  Iowa usually plays up to its competition and Alford is again getting near the brink of being gone so he's going to find a way to save his job.  Its going to start with a win against the Illini. 

This is a talented Iowa squad, it just happens to be ruined with a s***ty coach.

jason, i think that beard of yours has ruined some brain cells.

the defense was there today, but when no one steps up and does anything on offense your going to lose.

This is the same thing we saw on thursday, except no one stepped up on offense.

Hard loss to take especially because I know this isn't just a fluke thing, this could happen a few more times this season.

QUOTE(SnB @ Jan 7, 2006 -> 11:02 AM)
jason, i think that beard of yours has ruined some brain cells.

Ahh...I'm glad you showed up in this thread :D

How about my Hawkeyes. I know they got the talent and they really stepped it up tonight. Played very strong defense and overcame missing some open shots early in the game.

Played very strong in the 2nd half and withstood a short run by the Illini and then brought things back in control. Really great performance.

People forget Iowa had 2 of there losses without Horner whose one of our key players. Really big win to once again get me pumped up about the Hawkeyes. We have a quality team that can make some noise. Will they, I don't know, but an awesome win.