JON FOCKING GARLAND

sox-r-us

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Oct 15, 2005 -> 03:23 AM)
His mere presence on the mound to begin with suggests that he's a defender, though.  Really, it sounds simple, but what is the common theme amongst the major sports?  It's offense vs. defense, period.  If a pitcher is anything, he is a defender, and easily the most important one at that.

The ultimate defensive game, to me, is a perfect game, followed closely by a no-hitter.  Yes, spectacular plays will be made by position players, but the pitcher trumps all in a defensive sense.  Whether it is inducing weak grounders and tailor-made double play balls, jamming guys and inducing weak pop-outs, striking guys out, etc, pitching rules all.

I am not disagreeing with you. I was just trying to give you an answer to your query.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Oct 15, 2005 -> 03:17 AM)
I can remember when it was vogue to post that we should trade Garland.

I always knew he could be this good, the reality is, he can be better.

Should of been a shut out, and I hope that the Garland realizes that he was 1 pitch away from that.

SB

It was a good pitch, right where they wanted it. It was simply a great hit - he kept his hands in and was able to turn on it. Nothing to be upset about with that pitch.

My wife and I went out for our anniversary last night. She was cool, said we could stay home and watch the Sox game, but I said let's go out, I'll tape the game, and we'll be back in time for the last few innings.

Anyway, we go to Benihana's. After a while, I look down at the Hibachi grill next to us and do a double-take. The manufacturer? Garland.

http://www.garland-group.com/garland_flash_home.html

As we walk out of the restaurant, I check the TV at the bar: Sox 4-0. :cheers

What a job by Jon. Wow. He and Mark both stepped up big time. Love to see Garcia do the same tonight.