Kenny Williams

Texsox

Re-sign Paulie, bring bakc Big Frank, let Everett walk and add a solid bat in the offseason.

I would love to see Uribe move to 3B, trade Crede and sign Nomah to play SS. Nomah does not have to move, can be had relatively at a lower $$$ and will be a good contact hitter to add to this lineup

Starters:

Podesednik

Iguchi

Big Frank

Paulie

Nomah

Dye

Rowand

AJP

Uribe

Add Brian Anderson as 4th OF to rest all 3 of our OFs from time to time and let Timo walk.

Extend Jon Garland, and bring on the season then.

Nomar? No. There is no prove he can stay healthy for a season anymore. I know it's weird for Sox fans to realize, but there aren't many 3rd basemen better than Crede right now. KW tried to get the one I can think of and that didn't happen.

Everett can walk and then try to find a DH (unless that's Thomas). Remember, Iguchi really hasn't shown his full offensive potential so getting a super-stud hitter isn't totally necessary, though I wouldn't complain.

QUOTE(G&T @ Oct 15, 2005 -> 04:42 AM)
Nomar? No.

:lol:

sox-r-us always does this, though. Let's go out and get Manny Ramirez, Vinny Castilla, Nomar Garciaparra, etc. He can't really differentiate between fantasy and reality. Because our payroll is infinite, you know.

But as far as the topic at hand, hell yes, K-Dub has proven to be one kick-ass motherf***er. :headbang

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ Oct 15, 2005 -> 12:33 AM)
Re-sign Paulie, bring bakc Big Frank, let Everett walk and add a solid bat in the offseason.

I would love to see Uribe move to 3B, trade Crede and sign Nomah to play SS. Nomah does not have to move, can be had relatively at a lower $$$ and will be a good contact hitter to add to this lineup

Starters:

Podesednik

Iguchi

Big Frank

Paulie

Nomah

Dye

Rowand

AJP

Uribe

Add Brian Anderson as 4th OF to rest all 3 of our OFs from time to time and let Timo walk.

Extend Jon Garland, and bring on the season then.

Haha, am I ever glad that you're not the GM. Nomar? He might just retire after this year because I can't think of a decent team that will offer him a starting job, and I think he's too proud to sign with the likes of Colorado, Tampa Bay, etc. I guess maybe he can sign with the Marlins.

And Frank is done. He can't really be an asset anymore, even if he can get healthy enough to play. He'd bat .220 with a bunch of homers, and we don't need that. I think it's time for people to understand that he's gone. It sucks, but it's likely true.

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ Oct 14, 2005 -> 11:33 PM)

Not sure I'd want to bring in someone as injury-prone as Nomar, but even if we did, I wouldn't move Uribe to 3rd for him. Defensively, Uribe is far and away better than Nomar. Its really not even debatable.

Honestly, I don't even want to think about the offseason. Hats off to KW for giving us a championship caliber team this year. If we somehow win the whole damn thing, I'll forever be grateful to Ozzie, KW and the whole bunch.

Keeping my fingers crossed....

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Oct 15, 2005 -> 12:57 AM)
Haha, am I ever glad that you're not the GM.  Nomar?  He might just retire after this year because I can't think of a decent team that will offer him a starting job, and I think he's too proud to sign with the likes of Colorado, Tampa Bay, etc.  I guess maybe he can sign with the Marlins.

And Frank is done.  He can't really be an asset anymore, even if he can get healthy enough to play.  He'd bat .220 with a bunch of homers, and we don't need that.  I think it's time for people to understand that he's gone.  It sucks, but it's likely true.

What makes you think a healthy Frank Thomas will only hit .220? That's ludicrous.

Resign Kong (if possible).

If not, maybe we could put together a package of minor league pitchers and El Duque for Texeria (I can dream can't I?)

I'd love to add Furcal and move Uribe to the ultimate platoon player.

Then whoever is the better player is in a season or two, between Crede and Juan, gets third.

Edited by black jack

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ Oct 15, 2005 -> 04:37 AM)
One thing I forgot on the pitching side

Add El Duque to bullpen for middle relief (6th-8th inning kinda work) and make BMac the starter.

If BMac has issues we can always use El Duque as our #5.

Sigh ... how far have we come from the days of starting Diaz as our #5

Having a $4, 5 mill long man or set up guy in the bullpen doesn't make a lot of sense, financial or otherwise. El Duque should go to the Yanks where he'll get to start, be a long man, get lots of offense.

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Oct 15, 2005 -> 02:10 AM)
Remember that thread about whether KW would get fired if they did not make the playoffs.

Where did all those people go?

SB

Hell, remember those threads a couple years back where KW was supposedly "fired" by Einhorn for meddling in the dugout and making lineup cards for Manuel? :ph34r:

SFF

Edited by SpringfieldFan

QUOTE(SpringfieldFan @ Oct 15, 2005 -> 09:11 AM)
Hell, remember those threads a couple years back where KW was supposedly "fired" by Einhorn for meddling in the dugout and making lineup cards for Manuel?  :ph34r:

SFF

:lolhitting ncorgbl had all that inside information as an owner