Kenny Williams

Texsox

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Oct 15, 2005 -> 08:23 AM)
Uribe is not going to move from SS.

He is perhaps the best defensive SS in the game today.

I agree with you there aboz. I like how Uribe fields, we just need him to have a higher avg/obp. He has been great so far these playoff games showing his range and most def showing his gun.

QUOTE(bulokis @ Oct 15, 2005 -> 02:30 PM)
I like how Uribe fields, we just need him to have a higher avg/obp.

I very much doubt Juan will better his 2004 yr of .283/.329/.506. Those are the numbers the sox need [at least the avg and OBP]. Playing everyday instead of 4 times a week will take its toll. I think that more than anything contributed to his .252/.301/.412 yr this yr [with his career numbers of .262/.305/.432, expecting him to repeat '04 is asking a lot of him]. Seeing how he's an everyday player now, the 2005 numbers may need to be improved on by the sox in 2006.

QUOTE(beck72 @ Oct 15, 2005 -> 07:10 AM)
Having a $4, 5 mill long man or set up guy in the bullpen doesn't make a lot of sense, financial or otherwise. El Duque should go to the Yanks where he'll get to start, be a long man, get lots of offense.

If we can get something of value from the Yanks for him, then sure...but if not, there's no good reason right now to go out and rapidly dump him. He's not necessarily just a setup man...he's a backup starter as well, and that can be important if any injuries do crop up next year.

He may not be worth the full $5 million in that role, so I'm at least open to the trade possibility, but if we have to keep him, the results aren't all necessarily bad.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Oct 15, 2005 -> 04:29 AM)
What makes you think a healthy Frank Thomas will only hit .220? That's ludicrous.

Didn't even Steff say that he'll probably retire? Yes, it's great to think that he'll come back strong and all, but the guy just can't stay healthy anymore. I love Frank and all, but his approach this year was completely selfish. It was clear that he was swinging for the fences in every at-bat.

i have to say KW did a kick ass job

imagine next season, an ace like contreras we have realised in the second half.

garland has developed into a very amazing pitcher.

burhele is burhele.

garcia has been good in his first full year with us, but i think hes got more in the tank.... he'll be better next season.

and we have bmac next year!! YES!!!

el duque hopefully be better in the pen.

great job k dub!