Movie Sequels...

juddling

I saw an ad the other day for the sequel for "Zorro" with Bandareas and Cathrine Zeta-Jones and i was thrilled. the original was one of my wife's and my favorite movie and always thought there should be a sequel. We'll have to wait and see if it will be as good as the first but then we started talking about movies that we would have LIKED to have seen a sequel to but never did. Just wondering if there was any you guys could think of......

I would have like to seen a sequel to 'Maverick" with Mel Gibson. Loved the orginal and the ending left it open for a sequel. Besides...James Garner isn't going to be around much longer...lol!!!!!

what do you all think??

Go Sox!!!!!!!!

:cheers :cheers :gosox3: :gosox4: :gosox2: :gosox1: :gosoxretro: :cheers

ROADHOUSE! Put the sequel in an inner city setting with dance music instead of a redneck bar. Have the bad guy be some local drug dealer instead of the town rich guy. Hell, the soundtrack alone could gross millions with the right artists on it.

How about a 2005 sequal to 8 Men Out, where a close-knit plucky group of 25 players redeems an entire franchise by bringing a world series trophy back to Chicago? Along the way there are some scares as the team almost blows a 15 game lead, there is excitement as some of the unlikeliest guys play heroes, and even some controversy happens, but in the end the Good Guys win.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Oct 15, 2005 -> 12:48 PM)
How about a 2005 sequal to 8 Men Out, where a close-knit plucky group of 25 players redeems an entire franchise by bringing a world series trophy back to Chicago?  Along the way there are some scares as the team almost blows a 15 game lead, there is excitement as some of the unlikeliest guys play heroes, and even some controversy happens, but in the end the Good Guys win.

Fever Pitch 2. :wub:

QUOTE(EvilMonkey @ Oct 15, 2005 -> 04:36 PM)
ROADHOUSE!  Put the sequel in an inner city setting with dance music instead of a redneck bar. Have the bad guy be some local drug dealer instead of the town rich guy.  Hell, the soundtrack alone could gross millions with the right artists on it.

Oh man, as if the original wasn't bad enough. I'll rip your f***ing throat out LOL.

I think that I'd rather stick pins in my eyes than to have to watch the sequel to that piece of crap movie.

You're certainly a strange breed, EvilMonkey. :D

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Oct 15, 2005 -> 06:58 PM)
Oh man, as if the original wasn't bad enough.  I'll rip your f***ing throat out LOL.

I think that I'd rather stick pins in my eyes than to have to watch the sequel to that piece of crap movie.

You're certainly a strange breed, EvilMonkey.  :D

C'mon, think about it! Set it in a nightclub that has current hits playing in the background, and you have a top sellign soundtrack. You can start the career of a new action actor by casting some up and coming black actor as the new bouncer, and Patrick can come and teach him how to do things right. And just like the first one, the old mentor will die, so you get to see him killed off, too! Wouldn't you like to see Daulton get killed?

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Oct 15, 2005 -> 03:30 PM)
I think if properly done, Donnie Darko has many different ways it could go for a sequel.

This may be one of the most difficult examples to create a sequel.

The ending completely erased the possibility. Unless you're attempting to focus on the familiy's life following the ending, it's odd to include the title "Donnie Darko." The entire purpose of the movie was to illustrate what was necessary to avert the ending of the world. His imaginary bunny friend, an important character in the film, guided him along to complete tasks which fixed a ripple in the continuation of time. The ending, which was the culmination of the alternate universe, led to you know what.....

Now if it were properly done--adding in some other element which I'm ignoring, then I'd have to believe the writer is aware of the movie's original theme. I just hate the idea of touching great movies.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Oct 16, 2005 -> 04:45 AM)
This may be one of the most difficult examples to create a sequel.

The ending completely erased the possibility. Unless you're attempting to focus on the familiy's life following the ending, it's odd to include the title "Donnie Darko." The entire purpose of the movie was to illustrate what was necessary to avert the ending of the world. His imaginary bunny friend, an important character in the film, guided him along to complete tasks which fixed a ripple in the continuation of time. The ending, which was the culmination of the alternate universe, led to you know what.....

Now if it were properly done--adding in some other element which I'm ignoring, then I'd have to believe the writer is aware of the movie's original theme. I just hate the idea of touching great movies.

:o

I thought i was the only one here who saw donnie darko... and loved it.

Edited by qwerty

QUOTE(qwerty @ Oct 16, 2005 -> 03:48 AM)
:o

I thought i was the only one here who saw donnie darko... and loved it.

If it weren't for IMDB listing it so high in its Top Rated movies I never would have seen it.

What's great about the movie are the interpretations you can make. You browse the board on IMDB and it's amazing the effort some people have put into decoding the message of the film. In all honestly, I wasn't even entirely sure of the film's meaning until listening to the directors commentary and browsing through the IMDB board. You have to appreciate films like that.

On the topic of sequels, anyone interested in horror movies can cringe at the thought of half these movies being made.

----------------------------------------------------------

28 WEEKS LATER

No official plot yet.

BLAIR WITCH 3 (PREQUEL)

This film chronicles the events that led to the township of Blair driving an accused witch named Elizabeth Kedward into the woods, and the subsequent hauntings that plaqued the town for decades after her supposed death.

BUBBA HO-TEP 2 (IN TALKS)

No official plot yet.

CABIN FEVER 2

No official plot yet.

CANDYMAN 4

Set in New England in an all-girls college where a professor there is a descendant of Candyman, yet she doesn't know who or what he is.

CHEATING DEATH: FINAL DESTINATION 3

The story follows a high school student who fails to stop a fated roller coaster ride that she predicted would cause the deaths of several of her friends. She then teams with a schoolmate in a race against time to prevent death from revisiting the survivors of the accident.

CONSTANTINE 2 (IN TALKS)

No official plot yet.

CREEPSHOW 3

No official plot yet.

DAWN OF THE DEAD 2 (IN TALKS)

No official plot yet.

DAY OF THE DEAD (REMAKE)

No official plot yet.

DAY OF THE DEAD 2: CONTAGIUM

Sometime in 1968 a strange viral outbreak is contained within the walls of a military hospital in Pennsylvania: all those exposed are destroyed and burned to the ground. A wall of silence befalls the incidence, and soon enough only a vague myth remains. The hospital becomes a civilian mental treatment center.

DOG SOLDIERS: FRESH MEAT

Picks up after the first film left off. No official plot yet.

DRACULA 3: LEGACY

Follows two characters from the previous film, who hook up and become vampire hunters. They hunt down Dracula, who has become a recluse.

EVIL DEAD IV (IN TALKS)

No official plot yet.

FRIDAY THE 13TH PART 12 (IN TALKS)

No official plot yet as the film is only in the rumored/talking stages.

THE GRUDGE 2

No official plot yet.

HALLOWEEN 9

Plot is currently not known.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME 2

No official plot yet.

HELLBOY 2

No official plot yet.

HOUSE OF THE DEAD 2: DEAD AIM

No official plot yet.

I'LL ALWAYS KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SUMMER (IN TALKS)

The story is basically the same formula, following four teens from a small Colorado town who are victimized by another masked killer a year after a July 4th prank goes wrong; killing one of their own. They make a pact to keep the information a secret, until the next Independence Day before the town's annual carnival, when the four begin to receive intimidating messages indicating that someone knows about what happened.

JEEPERS CREEPERS 3 (IN TALKS)

No official plot yet.

LOVE AT SECOND BITE

The film takes place 25 years after the events of the first film, centering on Dracula's Americanized son, who has rejected his family's heritage and is getting married to a human. Trouble ensues when he learns that his vampire relatives are coming to America for the wedding.

MANGLER: REBORN

The story follows a man who takes the cursed antique parts from the original Mangler and builds a machine that is the ultimate hell. He's eaten by the machine and spit out as an incarnation of the machine. The only way to survive without decaying is to feed the machine.

MONSTER MAN 2

No official plot yet.

MONSTER MAN 3

No official plot yet.

MY BLOODY VALENTINE

No plot yet.

PHANTASM 5

It's said that the plot will continue with the Tall Man still traveling from town to town turning the dead into his own army and using his deadly spheres against anyone who opposes him. Mike, who is developing psychic powers, and his brother try to stop him.

RESIDENT EVIL: AFTERLIFE

No official plot yet, but it's said to be set in a post-apocalyptic world overrun by zombies.

RESIDENT EVIL 4

No official plot yet.

RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD 4: NECROPOLIS

No official plot yet, but it's said that it's about kids (skateboard punks with shotguns) who break into an experimental mutation lab.

RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD 5: RAVE FROM THE GRAVE

No official plot yet, but it's said that it's about these kids that realize if you take Trioxin in very small doses you can have a life-after-death experience, "so it becomes like a big rave drug."

RETURN TO SLEEPAWAY CAMP

Ronnie (Paul DeAngelo), now a co-owner of a new Camp becomes very suspicious when kids and camp staff begin falling victims to gruesome "accidents" again. Ronnie can't seem to shake what happened 20 years ago at Camp Arawak and with good reason.

SAW 2

While investigating the bloody aftermath of a grizzly murder, Detective Eric Mason (Donnie Wahlberg) has the feeling that it is the work of Jigsaw, the notorious killer who disappeared leaving a trail of bodies - and parts - behind. And Mason is right.

SCREAM 4

No official plot yet.

STIR OF ECHOES 2

The story is said to center around Tom Witzky's son (Jake), who's a senior in High School who begins to witness disturbing visions very similar to his fathers'.

STRANGELAND: DISCIPLE

No plot yet.

TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE: THE BEGINNING (PREQUEL)

THE THING (TV)

No official plot yet, but the original story told of a team of American scientists in Antarctica that fend for their lives when a hostile alien kills them off and attempts to create an exact duplicate of its victims.

THE TOOLBOX MURDERS 2

No official plot yet.

UNDERWORLD: EVOLUTION

UNDERWORLD 3 (PREQUEL)

WHEN A STRANGER RETURNS (REMAKE)

No official plot yet, but the original told the story of similar events of the first movie happening to a new girl, and the victim from the first film is now aiding the new girl with the help of a retired cop that also worked on the original case back in '79.

WHITE NOISE 2

No plot yet.

YOUNG HANNIBAL (PREQUEL)

Follows the serial killer Hannibal Lecter from his childhood in Lithuania through a period in Paris in his teens to his arrival in the US.

QUOTE(EvilMonkey @ Oct 16, 2005 -> 05:43 PM)
Actually, a movie I would like to see a sequel to is From Dusk till Dawn.  I loved the cheesy violence in it.

They've made like 3 straight to video ones. Rebecca Gayheart is in one and Tiffani Amber Theissen is in another.

QUOTE(Pauly8509CWS @ Oct 16, 2005 -> 06:41 PM)
Theyre making a Cabin Fever 2?  I didnt understand the first one, anyone care to shed some light on this?  Like the ending made me think i wasted time watching.

Yeah I thought it wasn't that good either.

But I'd like to see another "Dodgeball" movie. Well not dodgeball itself, but another sport like Kickball or something with the same actors. But I wish Patches could come back.

QUOTE(EvilMonkey @ Oct 16, 2005 -> 05:43 PM)
Actually, a movie I would like to see a sequel to is From Dusk till Dawn.  I loved the cheesy violence in it.

Wow I've finally found something I can agree with you on, From Dusk Till Dawn rocks. I think I like it even more than Sin City. Haven't seen the crappy straight to video sequels though.