oh my god

Reddy

is anyone else feeling like this isnt ACTUALLY happening?

i mean we're the white sox - we always f***ing lose... now one win away and its like... this can not be happening.

i dont wanna jinx anything but i am feeling so amazing right now but its SO f***ING SURREAL!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am actually expecting it

I told my wife that Paulie would hit the 3 R HR....and he did

And I immediately said then that those 3 runs would be enough for Freddie....

We are in unchartered territory but it is OH SO FOCKING SWEET

What is even better......we will dominate for the next focking decade now.....fans start showing up, payroll starts going up, our minor league will continue to keep getting stacked, FAs will start to come here for less $$$ just to play for Ozzie.....the rest of the ALCentral has no focking chance now

I don't want to pretend like I have suffered a real long time, 11 years or so doesn't stack up to a lot of Sox fans. But goddamn. Everything is new. Rolling through games like we already know the ending, in the playoffs, its unreal. I'd never seen a playoff win, a playoff series win, an ALCS win, and now possibly an ALCS series win and a World Series win. It's all happening at once and its incredible.

QUOTE(mkalk @ Oct 15, 2005 -> 10:29 PM)
This whole season is going to take a while to sink in. It still hasn't completely sunk in that we won the AL Central, or that we swept the Red Sox.

I hear ya. I keep thinking it is another series - the fact that the Sox are 3-1 in the ALCS has definitely not sunk in yet for me.

:cheers

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Oct 15, 2005 -> 10:34 PM)
Feel the same way. I dont know if I should be super confident, or very cautious.

I finally said screw it. I have gotten tapes ready for future games....

actual quote from tony on the phone last friday after the sweep "screw doubting this team, we're going to the series"

i'm feeling it now, this is such a surreal feeling, we're 1 win away from winning a pennant.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Oct 15, 2005 -> 10:32 PM)
Just had a conversation - and it's true.  the scrubs were waaaaay closer then this.

we need to buckle down, and put on the hardhats, and JUST f***ING WIN.

man, it's so f***ing close you can TASTE IT.

They will. When we cross that "5 outs away" voodoo theshold it will be more than the average Cub fan can take. 'We got closer than you" is the only argument they had lefy going for them.

That said, yeah, win the focking thing tomorrow and fly home heroes! :gosox3:

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Oct 15, 2005 -> 10:39 PM)
They will.  When we cross that "5 outs away" voodoo theshold it will be more than the average Cub fan can take.  'We got closer than you" is the only argument they had lefy going for them.

That said, yeah, win the focking thing tomorrow and fly home heroes!  :gosox3:

I'll bet Oz & Co are reminding the players they haven't won the series yet.

I kinda have that feeling too. I keep saying to my kids, "One more game and our Sox are in THE WORLD SERIES!!', but it truly doesn't feel real. I have kinda always felt that this was never gonna happen again in my lifetime, that I would have to hang on to the already fading memories of '59. This is f***ing cool but at the same time definately surreal. :gosox1:

QUOTE(BigEdWalsh @ Oct 15, 2005 -> 11:20 PM)
I kinda have that feeling too. I keep saying to my kids, "One more game and our Sox are in THE WORLD SERIES!!', but it truly doesn't feel real. I have kinda always felt that this was never gonna happen again in my lifetime, that I would have to hang on to the already fading memories of '59. This is f***ing cool but at the same time definately surreal. :gosox1:

Ed, the Sig is Truly Awesome!! :headbang :notworthy

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Oct 15, 2005 -> 10:25 PM)
I'm so excited yet for some reason my optimism is still very guarded.  Lets wrap this thing up tomorrow Jose. :headbang :headbang

agreed

In all my life all the teams that I have rooted for or played for have never won a championship(except my 8th grade basketball team with micheal jordans son

:D)

In local baseball leagues I have lost 3 championship games

With that in mind I make sure never to feel to confident about anything, but to think that one more win will take us to the world series is incredible :cheers

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Oct 15, 2005 -> 09:25 PM)
I'm so excited yet for some reason my optimism is still very guarded.  Lets wrap this thing up tomorrow Jose. :headbang :headbang

From Pods : ``I don't think I have the words to describe what that city is going to be like if we're able to pull that off,'' White Sox leadoff man Scott Podsednik said.

When this thing is clinched, you guys in Illinois/Chicago area scream and holler a little for me, will ya? I'll be screaming and hollering here in Utah but if anything it will just cause some concern for neighbors who for sure will be wondering what the heck is going on at my house. They may call the cops.