oh my god

Reddy

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I must have read the Trib's "Soxtober" section two or three times this morning and it still hasn't sunk in.

One win away from the You-Know-What? Are you kidding me? This can't really be happening.

I was there with the Illini game-in and game-out last season, putting more time, devotion and effort into a team that I have no connection with other than fandom than I ever had in the past.

Believe it or not, this trumps the whole Illini expierence. The Sox are the team I grew up with. The Sox are the team I learned baseball from. The Sox are the team me and my old man first enjoyed a ballpark Frank and a seventh-inning stretch with. To have my belov'ed Sox one win away from the World Series trumps just about any other professional sports expierence I have ever enjoyed combined.

When your whole family is making breakfast singing "Let's Go Go Go Whiteeeeeeeee Sox," it really is something you'll never forget.

Let's get that Pennant, Pale Hose.

I've been cheering these guys since 1960. And all I can say is that the further this goes, the more stunned I feel. It's like waking up and seeing the sun rise in the west .... being taunted by a girl scout ...... being offered assistance by the neighbourhood thugs ..... having my wife suggest I set aside the lawn mower and go shoot a game of golf. Last night I found my eyes glazing over when Paulie stepped up to the plate in the 1st, as I had the thought that it was time for a 3 run homer. I didn't even yell when he did it.

All that's missing is Rod Serling .... on my couch .... offering me a bowl of popcorn.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Oct 16, 2005 -> 12:01 PM)
I must have read the Trib's "Soxtober" section two or three times this morning and it still hasn't sunk in. 

One win away from the You-Know-What?  Are you kidding me?  This can't really be happening.

I was there with the Illini game-in and game-out last season, putting more time, devotion and effort into a team that I have no connection with other than fandom than I ever had in the past.

Believe it or not, this trumps the whole Illini expierence.  The Sox are the team I grew up with.  The Sox are the team I learned baseball from.  The Sox are the team me and my old man first enjoyed a ballpark Frank and a seventh-inning stretch with.  To have my belov'ed Sox one win away from the World Series trumps just about any other professional sports expierence I have ever enjoyed combined.

When your whole family is making breakfast singing "Let's Go Go Go Whiteeeeeeeee Sox," it really is something you'll never forget.

Let's get that Pennant, Pale Hose.

it's really not even a contest between the sox and illini for me, even though i have a real connection with the illini.

I've been a sox fan since a kid and honestly, the devotion you put into a baseball season is unmatched in any other sport. Day in, day out, every day, new dramas, new storylines everyday. You really become attached to your baseball team like no other team.

As much fun as i had last season with the illini, just the fact that we've gotten this far blows it away.

And don't take that as i'm not an illini fan, i was balling april 4th of this year, that loss hurt more than anything. But it's more of a fact of how much the sox rule my life over any other team, period.

Yep, this is f***ing incredible. This may sound bizarre, but it actually didn't completely hit me until last night, during the game:

Holy s***, the White Sox have won the division, swept Boston in round 1, and now are 1 win away from the World Series!

And I then proceeded to smile, as a great electric feeling of joy filled my heart.

GO SOX!!!!!

yeah i'm glad that other people are like me. Its true that sox fans are peas in a pod...

last night i was explaining to a yankee fan friend, the white sox actually WINNING in the playoffs was never in my REALM of thinking...i realized that they could be in the playoffs, i realized that theoretically they could win in the playoffs, but i never actually imagined the WHITE SOX WINNING in the playoffs. Its incredible. And like other people said, the further we go, the more just like taken aback and shocked you get. Last night when paulie hit the home run, i didn't go nuts like i usually do, i was with all my friends (i'm the only sox fan) and when it went over all i said was "are you serious? oh my god"

this team is a lot like a home run, you know it was hit hard, and every time you think the outfielder has it lined up, the ball keeps sailing over his head...

Heres to hoping the wind doesn't knock it down before it goes over the wall

Every July 15 on my birthday, I would blow out the candals on my birthday cake thinking: "I wish that the White Sox win the World Series." It always seemed like something that would NEVER happen. Even throughout this season and the first four games of the ALCS, I never even had a single thought about going to the World Series. Last night at work, I made a phone call every 15 minutes to see how we were doing. When I got the call that we had won, I had an extra jump in my step. This morning when I got up to go to work, I didn't want to get out of bed, but then I thought that today could be the day and jumped out of bed. Wow is all I can say right now..

Are you kidding me this is happening so fast my god this is incredible. I now know why 10+ years ago I picked the ChiSox as my favorite team. I did at 9 or 10 years old, I've only suffered for 10 years, its doesn't compare to many other Sox fans. But this is well worth it.....

QUOTE(Be Good @ Oct 16, 2005 -> 11:32 PM)
Are you kidding me this is happening so fast my god this is incredible. I now know why 10+ years ago I picked the ChiSox as my favorite team. I did at 9 or 10 years old, I've only suffered for 10 years, its doesn't compare to many other Sox fans. But this is well worth it.....

im in your boat as well my friend but i'm f***in stoked!!!!!!!

During the early part of the game, I didn't even let myself consider the fact that if the Sox won this game, it would mean they're going to the World Series. I just didn't want to let myself get my hopes up.

Then they score first.

They fall behind, but tie the game against the vaunted Angel bullpen.

Then they take the lead late.

The White Sox are going to the World Series!!! I don't know what to do with myself!!!

:gosox1: :gosox2: :gosox3: :gosox4: :gosox3: :gosox2: :gosox1: :headbang