hats off sox pitching

toasty

Speaking of Vladdy, I dunno if you guys have seen this, but Tom Verducci had this article on him recently:

"Where's your Vladdy?" (After game 4)

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AnXF...cnnsi&type=lgns

He also had a good one about Sox ptiching:

"Complete command" (After game 3)

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=cnns...cnnsi&type=lgns

Of the 94 batters they faced, the Chicago starting pitchers:

• went to a 2-0 count on only seven batters. • went to any three-ball count only 10 times. • threw a first-pitch strike 64 percent of the time. • allowed only three hits to the 24 hitters who came up with a runner on base.

It's like this was the old days, the Baltimore staff of the 60s or 70s or whenever the heck those four starters of theirs (Palmer, McNally, etc.) were dominant.

I was amazing at how incredible Jose was tonight in the 8th and 9th. Nasty stuff.

He probably coulda pitched 12 innings!

If we win the World Series, we need to commemorate this with Chicago's own Mt. Rushmore.

Build it downtown in one of the plazas.

Jose, Freddie, Jon and Mark B.

For Chicago relievers — make that one reliever, lefty Neal Cotts — threw a measly two-thirds of an inning in the series.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 12:23 AM)
That was the most devestating display of dominant pitching I've ever seen.  This staff will go down as one of the best ever.

certainly the best sox staff ever - good lord this has been one of the coolest things i've ever watched in my life.

QUOTE(DonkeyKongerko @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 12:25 AM)
They deserve more than my hat. I guess I can give them the shirt off my back too. Maybe some pants if they're interested. So how many pitchers will be on the World Series roster? 5 or 6?

They deserve my hat, shirt, pants, boxers, briefs, body hair, even my soul.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Oct 16, 2005 -> 10:57 PM)
Hopefully Neal is ready to go for the series, that 2/3's of an inning might have been deadly.

The only line from Joe Buck I really found amusing this series, from game 4...

"And Neal Cotts sits down in the bullpen telling stories of what it's like to pitch in the ALCS"

QUOTE(The Bones @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 01:06 AM)
I saw something saying that it was the first time since sometime in the 1920s or something that 4 straight complete games have been pitched in the postseason. Wow!

no, 1st time 4 cg in a row was 56 series it was yankees.... what you are thinkin of is 4 winning cg's in a row... 22 yankees again