WS rotation

toasty

QUOTE(Wedge @ Oct 16, 2005 -> 11:46 PM)
I'll go with whatever Ozzie does at this point.

Exactly!! i think it will be the same as this series, it may change a little depending on Astros or Cardinals... I know Minute Maid has that ridiculous short porch in left, but that park is very pitchable in considering the other demensions...

If St.Louis can come back to win do not be suprised if garland and MB switch spots in rotation for game 2 and 3 because MB said his dream would be to pitch in STL in the World series he told guillen this already and he could start games 3 and 7 that way not a bad thing.

QUOTE(Soxfest @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 05:48 AM)
MB in game 3 because MB said his dream would be to pitch in STL in the World series he told guillen this already

Okay, in that case, I could see Ozzie changing his initial playoff rotation.

Contreras

Garcia

Buehrle

Garland

If Ozzie had Garland in the #4 slot when the playoffs started, why would he change it for the World Series?

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 12:53 AM)
Okay, in that case, I could see Ozzie changing his initial playoff rotation. 

Contreras

Garcia

Buehrle

Garland

If Ozzie had Garland in the #4 slot when the playoffs started, why would he change it for the World Series?

Because JG pitched before FG in Angels series, he will just flip JG and MB

QUOTE(Soxfest @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 06:00 AM)
Because JG pitched before FG in Angels series

That was a unique case, though. Jon Boy didn't get to pitch in the Boston series.

Call it a hunch, but I see Garland going in game 4. I'd put money on it. Ozzie ain't gonna screw around with his original playoff rotation unless there are special circumstances (as in the case of Mark Buehrle).

And it's pretty much a foregone conclusion that we'll be playing the Astros in the World Series.

Remember, this is the rotation that Guillen wants:

Contreras

Buehrle

Garcia

Garland

Who cares about what anyone else has to say about what rotation they'd like to see. I have yet to state a personal preference. I am going on what Guillen has shown me.

if ozzie changes the order from this last series, i can only see him flip flopping count and MB, since we all know that we want garland/garcia on the road.

anybody think the order will stay the same the second time through if it goes that far? i.e. will they skip someone and go wit short rest on a pitcher if he was hotter the fist time through?

QUOTE(toasty @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 01:10 AM)
if ozzie changes the order from this last series, i can only see him flip flopping count and MB, since we all know that we want garland/garcia on the road.

anybody think the order will stay the same the second time through if it goes that far? i.e. will they skip someone and go wit short rest on a pitcher if he was hotter the fist time through?

All of these guys are totally locked in right now. I expect no less from the boys in the WS.

I can't see Ozzie deviating from Contreras, Buerhle, Garcia, Garland. Sorry Mark, you may find the fans in Chicago are plenty nice as well. And will be shocked if Mark makes any statement that he would prefer to pitch in St. Louis. That would be a nice slap in the face to Sox fans who have cheered him very loudly for his career.