Angels rooting for White Sox

SSH2005

"We flat-out got beat by a better team this week," said second baseman Adam Kennedy. "No way around that. I'll definitely have my White Sox hat on during the World Series. They're a great team, and fun to watch."

"They did a good job pitching in this series," hitting coach Mickey Hatcher said. "They were constantly ahead of hitters, they didn't get behind and they made their pitches."

"I've never seen four horses like that that come out of the gate and have pitched so well," manager Mike Scioscia said. "These guys pitched tremendous baseball."

"They did a good job with every one of our hitters," Guerrero said through an interpreter. "I look back and maybe I tried to do too much, so maybe I tried too hard, but they got it done with their pitching."

"Whatever controversies there may have been, they took advantage when they needed to take advantage," Kennedy said. "It was all White Sox in this series. They took it to us pretty good."

"You have to tip your cap to the White Sox," general manager Bill Stoneman said. "They played very well and they deserve to go to the World Series."

"We needed perfection in this series and we just couldn't do it," Paul Byrd said. "The White Sox pitched as well as I've ever seen in a series. Their starters were just phenomenal. But it was a complete win for them. They came through with the big hits, they came through with the timely hits. They won as a team and you have to tip your cap to them."

"It was unbelievable how those guys threw the ball," Angels reliever Scot Shields said.

"They made pitches every time they had to make pitches. They got big hits every time they had to get big hits," said Jarrod Washburn, who said he "probably" was wearing his Angels jersey for the final time. He still had it on, long afterward. We swept them in September when they were going into a little funk and it looked like their pitchers were getting a little tired," Washburn said. "It must have been that 'dead arm' syndrome that you normally get in the spring. They sure got their second wind."

"They won it on the field," Garret Anderson said. "If it's July, you don't see Ozzie letting those pitchers go nine. But I wasn't surprised because they kept making pitches. They beat us."

Edited by SSH2005

Great article and a lot of class shown by the Angels. I have a lot of respect for them. I laughed my ass off at one part of the article...

If the L.A. players don't want to parse the numbers, plenty of people will gladly do it for them. The Angels are home today because they hit .175 in four games against the White Sox, with a .200 on-base percentage and four walks in 163 plate appearances. It's rare that you see an offensive display this inept without Cristian Guzman somewhere in the vicinity.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/playoffs2005...erry&id=2193750

Rest of the article at the link.