WHO WAS AT MIDWAY?!?!?!

rangercal

TV Crews for every chicago station you can think of. ABC, CBS, Fox, wgn, cltv, nbc

Hundreds of fans

Police lined up on 63rd street.

Ozzie and Freddy were both in the same limo, walked out and greeted fans for a couple minutes. No one else could really get out because of the strict police gettting traffic moving.

Mark was in white monster truck. Looked pumped up as he drove by greeting the fans.

Rowand had someone else driving so he can stick out of the sun roof out of his truck.

I must have been on tv 10 times today! Amazing time!

I really regret not going. I went to bed at 2:30, but was so hopped up on caffine and, well, joy that I couldn't get to sleep for hours. Then I had to wake up at 7:15.

The few hours of sleep that I got were essentially useless. It would have been much more rewarding to take the short trip to Midway.

Props to all those hardcore enough to show up at the airport at that early hour.

I wish I could have. A friend of mine called this morning saying she almost called me to take a trip to our old stomping grounds to welcome the Sox home. I started laughing and said she should have called me so we could go - it would have been awesome. I also told her she should have woke my dumb ass up to watch it on TV.

QUOTE(TheBigHurt @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 03:45 PM)
I live a f***ing block away from Midway, but I had school this morning, I couldn't possibly have gotten by with such little sleep :(

Son...at some point...probably when you get to college...you'll realize how unimportant sleep actually is.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 04:49 PM)
Son...at some point...probably when you get to college...you'll realize how unimportant sleep actually is.

Actually it's quite the opposite. People don't realize how important sleep IS. But don't get me wrong, if it wasn't a school night, I likely would've been out there. I somehow got really tired around midnight last night and had to miss some of the post game show :headshake

And BTW.... I'm IN college.

Edited by TheBigHurt

QUOTE(TheBigHurt @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 04:02 PM)
Actually it's quite the opposite. People don't realize how important sleep IS. But don't get me wrong, if it wasn't a school night, I likely would've been out there. I somehow got really tired around midnight last night and had to miss some of the post game show  :headshake

And BTW.... I'm IN college.

Then man, you need to jump up your course load.

If you're still used to normal sleep....sad.

Of course, I'm out here at Caltech, where half the undergrads consider heavy sleep to run from something like 5 a.m. until 11 a.m. on a weekday, so my perspective might be a bit skewed.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 05:22 PM)
Then man, you need to jump up your course load.

If you're still used to normal sleep....sad.

Of course, I'm out here at Caltech, where half the undergrads consider heavy sleep to run from something like 5 a.m. until 11 a.m. on a weekday, so my perspective might be a bit skewed.

Actually man, I had soem time off between High School and College, where I got used to going to bed LATE and waking up LATE and it f***ed me up. I just can't get by ona 5-6 hour sleep, that's just how I am. As far as it being "sad" that I'm used to normal sleep, that just sounds like words of a party and alcohol addict with a completely unstable and corrupted lifestyle :P

Edited by TheBigHurt