Congrats to all of us!!

Controlled Chaos

A Sox fan is one of the hardest things to be. The people on this board are some of the most passionate Sox fans there are. For those of us that never wavered, never lost faith and put all our confidence in the sox...Cheers to us!!

What a special year it's been to be a fan.

For those Sox fans who believed we wouldn't make the playoffs or we'd get knocked out in the ALDS or the ALCS(you know who you are)...Well, I hope you put your money where your mouth is and LOST, but I also hope you are enjoying this as much as the rest of us.

Man there were some absolutely ridiculous posts made in September. So here ya go....hope your hungry....After your meal lets all join together in cheering the White sox on to a World Series Championship!!!!!!!

crow.gif

P.S. For those who don't think we can win the world series, your waiter will be with you shortly.

I'll readily admit I was worried - I never gave up hope, and I never jumped off the ship, but especially during that 4-10 stretch in September I had some BAD feelings about it.

As it turns out, the Cleveland uprising was probably the best thing that could have happened to this team. Having some seriously important games in late September seems to have renewed their focus and intensity, and it's paying off now!

QUOTE(The Critic @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 11:32 AM)
I'll readily admit I was worried - I never gave up hope, and I never jumped off the ship, but especially during that 4-10 stretch in September I had some BAD feelings about it.

As it turns out, the Cleveland uprising was probably the best thing that could have happened to this team. Having some seriously important games in late September seems to have renewed their focus and intensity, and it's paying off now!

I remember our discussions from this thread...

http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=39929&st=0

I'm glad you stayed aboard!! :gosox2: :gosox1:

QUOTE(The Critic @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 11:32 AM)

I agree. Where's the choke crap now? They took three of four from the Twinkies, split with Detroit, swept the vaunted Indians, swept the vaunted Red Sox, and nearly swept the Angels. This team got the wake up call it needed and they have confidence that they can either win big, win small, or comeback against anyone.

I'm more excited now than I was for the Bulls, the Hawks, and the Illini in 2001. Only the Bears got me as crazy as I was last night. Again, congrats to all of us and let's go out there and win one for the Veecker!!! :cheers :gosox1: :gosox3: :gosoxretro:

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 10:44 AM)
I remember our discussions from this thread...

http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=39929&st=0

I'm glad you stayed aboard!!  :gosox2:  :gosox1:

Jumping off was never an option!

If the ship had gone down, I'd have been right there on it with you!

I'm just glad I don't usually post when I'm REALLY mad right after something stupid happens during a game....I'd hate to have a post like THAT dragged back up by SOMEONE..... :D

Well, I will freely admit to being scared at times. But I never left the team, never stopped watching (though I said I would...I just couldn't stop...), and never stopped wearing the clothes. I've watched them and supported them during the lowsy times, so why would I have stopped when they were still in first.

But I still don't think the "doubters" were wrong in having their doubts. These guys made it REALLY scary in those last few weeks. :D

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 11:53 AM)
Well, I will freely admit to being scared at times. But I never left the team, never stopped watching (though I said I would...I just couldn't stop...), and never stopped wearing the clothes. I've watched them and supported them during the lowsy times, so why would I have stopped when they were still in first.

But I still don't think the "doubters" were wrong in having their doubts. These guys made it REALLY scary in those last few weeks.  :D

Always had the faith...but knew that if they kept playing like they were, we'd be in trouble...well, they turned in up in the last week...and here we are. So glad I got playoff tix. :cheers