Jimenez bashing

BlackSoX30

Why does everyone on here hate the ONLY player doing good so far?

Jimenez is batting over .300, the only Sox player doing that.. And everyone gets on here and says he sucks and they hate him?

Same with KOCH... not botch.. if your a Sox fan you wouldnt hate on our players and say they suck and you want them gone when they are the only ones producing.. Koch had a bad start, but came in and SLAMMED the door last night, you think he can be a dominate closer then all the sudden come to the Sox and suck? No, he is going to AGAIN be a dominate closer.. The last thing we need is to take away his job, he needs to be our closer, Marte is a badass yes.. He needs to be the set up man, we will be just fine!

So lets try to stop talking s*** about our players, its not going to do any good..

There are plenty of flaws in his game that people like to point out. For some reason Paul Konerko and Jose Valentin get a pass for all of their mistakes yet any time Jimenez does anything wrong, he needs to go and is a dickhead. Jose Valentin has an OBP that is not even in the same range as Jimenez and Konerko adds nothing to this team but for some reason they are not the problem. There appears to be the feeling that being nice rah-rah guys supercedes one's ability to produce. Mark Buerhle, Paul Konerko, Jose Valentin, Billy Koch, Gary Ward and Carlos Lee are the reason we are not winning, yet somehow hitting over .300 and have an OBP over .400 are not good enough. I don't understand.

oh, that error cost us the game, better yet, the season so far?

it was Jimenez who walked those guys in the inning, right, not Buehrle?

it was Jimenez in the batters box all the times Ordonez and Konerko have grounded into DP's, Crede swings at crap in the dirt, Thomas pops up, or Valentin looks like a total lush against lefties? it was Jimenez batting instead of those guys? I didn't know that, thanks for telling me.

because of all these flaws by other players, let us blame Jimenez, the guy who has done the least wrong.

what has Jimenez done so far this year?

-made a weak throw to first, which was wrong, but it isn't the first time it happened with infielers.

-he missed a popup, which Crede and Konerko have done a few times also.

-got picked up first, but Valentin missed the bunt.

-then he got picked off rounding third, which was a bad play.

I mean really, you guys have no arguement against him outside of him being a "dickhead"? I didn't know his job was to take pitches, get on base and be one of the more productive players on this year, and, oh yeah, be the nicest guys in the world.

Molto.. I never said there was an argument. And my dislike for him is not based on his skills. He's got good ones, and I've said that from day one. I'm sorry you don't like my opinion - as you've posted your dissatisfaction with this behavior a few times this morning - but hey, what fun would it be if everyone agreed?

oh, that error cost us the game, better yet, the season so far?

it was Jimenez who walked those guys in the inning, right, not Buehrle?

it was Jimenez in the batters box all the times Ordonez and Konerko have grounded into DP's, Crede swings at crap in the dirt, Thomas pops up, or Valentin looks like a total lush against lefties?  it was Jimenez batting instead of those guys? I didn't know that, thanks for telling me.

because of all these flaws by other players, let us blame Jimenez, the guy who has done the least wrong.

what has Jimenez done so far this year? 

-made a weak throw to first, which was wrong, but it isn't the first time it happened with infielers. 

-he missed a popup, which Crede and Konerko have done a few times also.

-got picked up first, but Valentin missed the bunt.

-then he got picked off rounding third, which was a bad play.

I mean really, you guys have no arguement against him outside of him being a "dickhead"?  I didn't know his job was to take pitches, get on base and be one of the more productive players on this year, and, oh yeah, be the nicest guys in the world.

I don't know him personally but DJ seems to go out of his way to praise him. I suppose if Loaiza got lit up last evening he would be blasted for leaving the team over the weekend because it was a big series. I recall Valentin forgetting how many outs there were in Cleveland and getting doubled off of second on an infield pop-up. I guess he was just instilling his aggresive style. I agree with you totally but we all have our own opinion.

lol, that's cool steff.

I know why people dislike him. all that talk about him being a dick, which could very well be true, but he's playing good, and personally, I like his style, something we've lacked for some time.

I know me personally, no matter what I think personally of a player, I will rip on them for making dumb mistakes.  For whatever reason, D'Angelo seems to have taken the torch from Carlos this year.

I totally agree, his baserunning and defense are sub-par but he is doing the job at the plate, one of few that are. He was brought in to work the count and get on base both of which he is accomplishing. He was moved to a new position and is trying to learn it. He does remind me of Carlos but he seems to have a very good plate presence. I look at Willie Harris and he doesn't have a chance. Thomas .160 with RISP are keeping Jimenez from looking really good right now.

Also he isn't the pop-up machine that Durham was.

Guest hotsoxchick1

ive never liked him from day one.... hes not impressive and if you want to use stats to state your case, then franks the best player we have right now according to his opb alone lol.......( :fyou stats anyhow lol).........jimenez is nothing more than this years clayton...........except for he can hit his weight for avg..lol......id rather have ray ray on a lazy ray day than jimenez on his best day..........dont like his holier than thou attitude and the way he disses on guys who are having a lousy day when he has a good one... his boastfull ways are only going to get him not well liked by his teamates which is something that has already begun to happen..... thats not the kind of clubhouse i want to have......mho........

He just needs a good PR agent. Get some snappy interviews, say all the right things, start a foundation, a video of his good plays, etc. Then, his agent can complain about how the pitchers are pitching him, you know, too inside, get some sympathy, get the media behind him.

Guest hotsoxchick1

he needs to shut the hell up in the clubhouse for one thing..... when guys like frank, crede and lee are having horrid day and hes having a good one the "nah nah nah nah :P " approach is not one to have with your teamates.............can make for an unsettled feeling in a place where bonding of sorts should be taking place............dont ya think?????

I actually like D'Angelo, but he is on my s*** list for his dropped pop up and recent base running mistakes.

I never said anything about that costing the game. I wasn't blaming him for the slow start, I was commenting on specific plays that pissed me off.

If we had never heard anything from Nevin and co. about D'Ang, I seriously don't think we would be scrutinizing his effort on each and every play. People here give him a hard time for not hustling every play but I think he is doing his best and it's just really hard for him to erase his past. We are all looking for signs of the San Diego D'Angelo Jimenez when I think we should worry about our other starters that aren't hitting .300 and aren't getting on base at all.

I have watched D Lo and I am not impressed. I am not anti him, but I have seen nothing that has impressed me. Stats alone don't do it for me. I have not been thrilled watching him on the field playing defense or running bases. But I don't dislike him enough to go off on him. I agree that too often we trash our own.

The comments about his attitude with us have been from the same reliable sources as always and that means, as far as I am concerned, that he has a crap arttitude. That is no reference to whatever came before he got here, only what has been said (by those who know our players best) since he got here.

I know me personally, no matter what I think personally of a player, I will rip on them for making dumb mistakes.  For whatever reason, D'Angelo seems to have taken the torch from Carlos this year.

I agree that those two mistakes last night were costly. So far I give him two lazy plays (Throw at first and rounding the base last night). THe pop up was not a lazy play and him getting picked off at first was a mix of Jose missing the bunt.

Every freaking player makes a mistake. Dangelo is the best we got, he's also one of my favorites. I love watching him play. I could give a damn if he's a dick as long as he's playing. Maybe its a little harsh, but I could care less about Bonds too. People yap about how much of a dick he is too, but does it matter, not really. Fact is he produces.

Also, neither of them are beating their wife, getting DUI's etc. Mix that with the fact that he must have a great work ethic (Like i've repeated lately, you cant' come back from his injury without a ton of work and heart). Garret Anderson was always thought of as lazy too, turns out some guys really just look lazy because they can make things look easy.

In regards to Jimenez baserunning he really is one of the Sox better baserunners. He's very agressive which sometimes gets him a bit burned, but overall he knows what he's doing. Im not going to make excuses for what happened yesterday, but EVERY player gets picked up or f's up every once in a while.

Jimenez has all the freaking tools and is using him.

If we had never heard anything from Nevin and co. about D'Ang, I seriously don't think we would be scrutinizing his effort on each and every play.  People here give him a hard time for not hustling every play but I think he is doing his best and it's just really hard for him to erase his past.  We are all looking for signs of the San Diego D'Angelo Jimenez when I think we should worry about our other starters that aren't hitting .300 and aren't getting on base at all.

Especially since those comments from Nevin and Klesko were false, because they didn't like the fact that D'angelo was sort of degrading their "fine" organization. REmember, I'm in SD and follow the Pads as my NL team, although not as big a fan as the Sox, but I probably know more since I get their news on talk radio, tv news, etc.

If someone was to be asked about his work ethics when he was here, it should have been Gwynn, as he tutored the kid.

Especially since those comments from Nevin and Klesko were false, because they didn't like the fact that D'angelo was sort of degrading their "fine" organization. REmember, I'm in SD and follow the Pads as my NL team, although not as big a fan as the Sox, but I probably know more since I get their news on talk radio, tv news, etc.

If someone was to be asked about his work ethics when he was here, it should have been Gwynn, as he tutored the kid.

Once again, thank you ugly. I'm sure you listened to Randy Jones and some of the others on Xtra 690 talk about Jimenez and others and I never heard anything bad about them other then from Klesko and Nevin and like you said, I heard a lot of that wasn't true.

The big reason those two spoke up, is because Jimenez said some bad comments about the organization.

And Klesko and Nevin are surfin buddies (I can't count how many times I would see them at beaches in nothern San Diego county when I used to kick it up there) and they used to give the D s*** all the time like every veteran does to the rookie, but I guess D didn't care for it and wanted it to cease, which they didn't.