And Here They Come... the Scalpers

LVSoxFan

Already on Craig's List somebody's offering up four tix in sec. 139. For the low, low bargain price of only $4,000 PER ticket.

Amazing. I'll be curious to hear of success stories tomorrow trying to do it the legitimate way.

However, here's another thing I can't wait to hear about, since we're on the subject of gouging: I wonder what the "service fee" per ticket that Ticketmaster will charge.

As I recall from the regular season, my $30+ ticket usually got nailed with double-digit "fees" from TM for things like "handling." Even though these tix were simply emailed to me for me to print out.

I'm guessing, but I'm going to venture that they'll charge at least $20 per ticket in fees. Let me know tomorrow!

QUOTE(Steff @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 01:04 PM)
Scout seats going for $9500 on some sites..  :headshake

And apparently my seats can be sold for just under $5K each... Hmmm.. that's just about a $5K profit after I pay for next years tickets...  :ph34r:

Its unreal...I'm not selling any of mine...I had 5 people for 4 tix for sunday's game...had to get somone to bow out...they did. I felt bad....but he's going to game 1, so all is well.

Steff, I'll give you face, and you'll like it!

QUOTE(Antonio Osuna @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 01:09 PM)
Hopefully the increased supply after tomorrow means that the price will go down.

Hook or crook, I'm going to Game 1. If all else fails, I'm going to be outside the park the whole time.

Do that and you'll get in. The last thing those assholes want to do is use the tickets for toilet paper.. you're not going to get them at face.. but a reasonable $100 or $200 I would say is likely. The longer you wait, the lower the price. If I didn't have tickets that's exactly what I would do.

QUOTE(Steff @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 11:10 AM)
Do that and you'll get in. The last thing those assholes want to do is use the tickets for toilet paper.. you're not going to get them at face.. but a reasonable $100 or $200 I would say is likely. The longer you wait, the lower the price. If I didn't have tickets that's exactly what I would do.

there is absolutely no way to get a ticket for under 5 bills for this game from a scalper. those scalpersuckfaceticketers will be gone by wednesday night & they will be lining the liquor stores for months to come with the loot tripping on us with "you got a quarter BS?!" to think that the ALCS tix went for $50/seat in the upper over home plate. WHAT A FREAKIN STEAL!

QUOTE(whitesoxmanager @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 01:23 PM)
there is absolutely no way to get a ticket for under 5 bills for this game from a scalper.  those scalpersuckfaceticketers will be gone by wednesday night & they will be lining the liquor stores for months to come with the loot tripping on us with "you got a quarter BS?!"  to think that the ALCS tix went for $50/seat in the upper over home plate.  WHAT A FREAKIN STEAL!

Alrighty then... :rolly

QUOTE(Antonio Osuna @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 01:09 PM)
Hopefully the increased supply after tomorrow means that the price will go down.

Hook or crook, I'm going to Game 1. If all else fails, I'm going to be outside the park the whole time.

This is the WS, the normal rules go out the window. Every corporate stiff, bandwagonner and Cub fan will buy tix tomorrow. I don't think the supply will be there come game time. Don't forget how close St. Louis is to Chicago. Add that rabid fan base to the mix and you have an impossible ticket to find.

I'd say if you see a reasonable price, buy asap.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 01:02 PM)
......and to make your stomach turn even more.  Someone I knew was selling packages for game 1 on the fan deck.....all gone.  Purchased by?.. drum roll please... CUB FANS yeeeay  wooo-hooooo!

My brother had the Fan Deck deal offered to him for a ALCS Game 7, for $400 including some buffet spread for pregame. That seemed just a littlesteep for the ALCS, but the deal was supposedly that if the ALCS didn't go 7 then the tix would roll over to WS Game. :o

I don't know how they could have offered that guarantee, and my bro was dubious so he passed.

He's kicking himself HARD right now. I am too.

If I can't through I'm just showing up Saturday too. Hell if worse comes to worse I'll watch the game at grimy Jimbo's.

A friend of a co-worker got tix to the ALCS last week--I believe they were face value at $60. He turned around and sold three of them for $600 APIECE. Ticketing is literally a black market now in this country, wit the Internet and all the other scams.

However, I could possibly see this backfiring--if so many people snatch up so many tickets hoping to get rich selling them, I'm thinking they'll bite off more than they can, well, sell and there'll be opportunities to make some eat them at face value or close to it.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 12:27 PM)
My brother had the Fan Deck deal offered to him for a ALCS Game 7, for $400 including some buffet spread for pregame.  That seemed  just a littlesteep for the ALCS, but the deal was supposedly that if the ALCS didn't go 7 then the tix would roll over to WS Game.  :o

I don't know how they could have offered that guarantee, and my bro was dubious so he passed.

He's kicking himself HARD right now.  I am too.

As I understand it you can roll the money over to apply to series tix but you weren't guaranteed them by buying ALCS tix.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 01:27 PM)
My brother had the Fan Deck deal offered to him for a ALCS Game 7, for $400 including some buffet spread for pregame.  That seemed  just a littlesteep for the ALCS, but the deal was supposedly that if the ALCS didn't go 7 then the tix would roll over to WS Game.  :o

He's kicking himself HARD right now.  I am too.

We're talking about the same deal!

400 bucks, all you can eat and drink from an hour and a half before game, til the end of the 7th AND the ticket to the fan deck. It was either gonna be for game 7 of the ALCS, which would have truned into game 1 of the WS.

Make that 3 of us kicking ourselves.

Tried to reach the guy this morning, he said about 65 Cub fans got the remaining tix on saturday.

QUOTE(whitesoxmanager @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 01:23 PM)
there is absolutely no way to get a ticket for under 5 bills for this game from a scalper.  those scalpersuckfaceticketers will be gone by wednesday night & they will be lining the liquor stores for months to come with the loot tripping on us with "you got a quarter BS?!"  to think that the ALCS tix went for $50/seat in the upper over home plate.  WHAT A FREAKIN STEAL!

Rant much? :P

I don't know what I'm going to have to do to get into a game next week but I pretty much have to be at one of the games...looks like I'm gonna be working the corner extra hard this weekend... :wub: :unsure:

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 01:30 PM)
We're talking about the same deal!

400 bucks, all you can eat and drink from an hour and a half before game, til the end of the 7th AND the ticket to the fan deck.  It was either gonna be for game 7 of the ALCS, which would have truned into game 1 of the WS.

Make that 3 of us kicking ourselves.

Tried to reach the guy this morning, he said about 65 Cub fans got the remaining tix on saturday.

Damn!! :crying :crying

It was someone from my bro's sorority, er, fraternity ( :P ) offering the deal, and it sounded like it was put together by a fraternity alumni group or something. Damn Damn Damn. :crying :crying

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 01:29 PM)
As I understand it you can roll the money over to apply to series tix but you weren't guaranteed them by buying ALCS tix.

No, different deal I think. Thsi was not tix through MLB, it was a standing room spot on the fan deck that somebody was apparently able to rent.

However, I could possibly see this backfiring--if so many people snatch up so many tickets hoping to get rich selling them, I'm thinking they'll bite off more than they can, well, sell and there'll be opportunities to make some eat them at face value or close to it.

That's what happened at the ALCS.

Outside of Game 1, I saw a guy with a stack of tickets about an inch and a half thick, looking rather grim-faced as there was only an hour left before the first pitch. In the upper deck, there were a not insignificant amount of empty seats, which I assume were unsold scalp.

I managed to get ALCS tickets online. Hopefully I manage it again. If not, let's hope the scalping bubble bursts again.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 01:33 PM)
Damn!!  :crying  :crying

It was someone from my bro's sorority, er, fraternity ( :P ) offering the deal, and it sounded like it was put together by a fraternity alumni group or something.  Damn Damn Damn.  :crying  :crying

on Thursday, he said they had 75 slots left and I thought he was bluffing, trying to get it all sold at at that price.

QUOTE(Steff @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 02:59 PM)
Anyone know if some pro teams suspend season ticket holders for scalping their tickets... ?

I've heard it so many times.. but wonder if it's just urban legend.

They could. The one thing they will get you for is if the fans who buy your seats do something stupid, the team will hold YOU responsible. You could lose your season tickets if the people who buy them do something stupid.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 03:01 PM)
They could.  The one thing they will get you for is if the fans who buy your seats do something stupid, the team will hold YOU responsible.  You could lose your season tickets if the people who buy them do something stupid.

I hope some of the ST holders who are attempting to rape Sox fans sell their tickets to assholes that cause trouble and they do get their tickets revoked. Effers.. some jerkoff in my section is selling his tickets for an insane amount of $$... that pissed me off.