And Here They Come... the Scalpers

LVSoxFan

Why in God's name would you sell your chance to see the Sox in the World Series? Amazing.

I hope to go to one game here--that's all I ask. But yeah it is disheartening to have gone to 40 games this year and be shut out when our moment finally arrives. It's not that other Sox fans are ahead of me that burns--it's stories about Cubs fans buying seats and so forth.

But then again: hello, reality. What else is new? Good reason to get season tickets I guess.

QUOTE(Steff @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 01:04 PM)
Scout seats going for $9500 on some sites..  :headshake

And apparently my seats can be sold for just under $5K each... Hmmm.. that's just about a $5K profit after I pay for next years tickets...  :ph34r:

as much money as i can make on selling my tickets for the WS, I would stab myself in my eye if I ever did that.

QUOTE(Steff @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 11:59 AM)
Anyone know if some pro teams suspend season ticket holders for scalping their tickets... ?

I've heard it so many times.. but wonder if it's just urban legend.

Can't believe that would be true. I mean we sold our tickets for the Yanks-Angel series on the Angels website for 3 times facevalue. I'm assuming if we can sell it through there venue at a higher price, you can sell them through any venue at a higher price (assuming you follow the laws).

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 03:46 PM)
Can't believe that would be true.  I mean we sold our tickets for the Yanks-Angel series on the Angels website for 3 times facevalue.  I'm assuming if we can sell it through there venue at a higher price, you can sell them through any venue at a higher price (assuming you follow the laws).

Pfftt... bastard. :ph34r:

QUOTE(Steff @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 02:59 PM)
Anyone know if some pro teams suspend season ticket holders for scalping their tickets... ?

I've heard it so many times.. but wonder if it's just urban legend.

During the Bulls run, the guys that had ten seats in front of me were three times threatened with losing their seats. Two of the instances were when they had guests sitting there. Greg brought the letters and asked us to respond and get the heat off them. But at the time the Bulls could have sold twice as many tickets to every game.

I've heard the same stories about scalping. Since the Sox do not sell out season tickets, like the Bulls, I think it's Urban Legend. They may bump you back, but I doubt they would stop selling to you. Plus you could also have someone be a puppet and buy them for you.