The perfect comback

juddling

I was thinking about this last night as i was watching the game with a few of my Cubbie friends last night. If/When the Sox win the series...us sox fans will have the perfect answer to any Cub criticism.

Cub Fan: We got 35,000 opening day at Wrigley

Sox Fan: We won the World Series

Cub Fan: Wrigley is a baseball shrine

Sox Fan: We're World Champs!!!!!!!

Cub Fan: We've got Mark Prior

Sox Fan: We've got 4 pitchers who threw complete game victories en route to

being World Champs!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is no comeback!!!!!!!!!!!!! God i love this team. Go White Sox!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:gosox1: :gosox1: :gosox4: :gosox3: :gosox2: :gosox4:

Funny how in '03 when they won a playoff series that's ALL they talked and bragged about. But now that it's us, there are no bragging rights unless we win it all? Ha, we have something they haven't had in a looooooong time. LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP baby. Until they get there, WE have the upper hand.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 02:15 PM)
Funny how in '03 when they won a playoff series that's ALL they talked and bragged about.  But now that it's us, there are no bragging rights unless we win it all?  Ha, we have something they haven't had in a looooooong time.  LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP baby.  Until they get there, WE have the upper hand.

In the immortal words of Steve Goodman:

The Law of Averages says that anything will happen that can.

Well the last year the Cubbies won the pennant was the year we dropped the bomb on Japan.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 03:50 PM)
Honestly, if we win it all, I don't think I will have any "hatred" of the Cubs or their fans again. I just want my team to get there first, after that, I don't care what the Cubs and their fans do or say. Heck, as of now even, there is no other team in this town, IMO.

i was thinking about this earlier, sox win 4 more games, we won't think about cub fans again for years and years to come. The "arms race" will be over.

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 08:54 PM)
Just wait until next years' Crosstown Series at The Cell.  When the Sox take the Field, Gene Honda will announce, "Your World Champion, Chicago White Sox."  Then, just look around at the Cub fans and smile.

:cheers NIIIIIIIIICE...

One of my wife's friends brought a boyfriend over in July, and of course, he was a Cub fan. So after a long heated conversation about who was the better team, he decided to inform me of how he (as a Cub fan) deals with the White Sox....

"They simply don't exist as far as I am concerned. Chicago only has one baseball team."

I didn't like that guy, and I would really love to call his ass up and say, "Don't exist? How you like me now, b****!"

Even my wife, the Cub fan, got over me doing the tomahawk chop on a regular basis in '03 and is rooting for the Sox....

This is history were seeing!!!

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 01:50 PM)
Honestly, if we win it all, I don't think I will have any "hatred" of the Cubs or their fans again. I just want my team to get there first, after that, I don't care what the Cubs and their fans do or say. Heck, as of now even, there is no other team in this town, IMO.

I have to disagree. Well, fine for you if you truly feel that way, but I think most of us will still hate the Cubs. The hatred is too deep. If anything, I'll just feel even better that I'm a Sox fan and thankful that I'm not (*shudder*) a Cub fan. The Cubs are a pathetic organization and that whole losing is cute thing is as pathetic as pathetic gets. :gosox1:

Incidently, think about it, when the Sox and Cubs play again next June, my guess is you'll hate 'em.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 03:50 PM)

I've always said when the Sox win the WS, I'll brag like hell for 1 year and then I'll become one of those 'Chicago' fans who roots for all Chicago teams.

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 02:54 PM)
Just wait until next years' Crosstown Series at The Cell.  When the Sox take the Field, Gene Honda will announce, "Your World Champion, Chicago White Sox."  Then, just look around at the Cub fans and smile.

I just got the chills.