Guaranteed series tickets....

Steff

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 10:53 AM)
Rather, it's all about getting season tickets.  If the Sox can use this World Series to generate guaratneed season ticket holders for next year, then that's an opportunity they can't pass up.  I know it sounds like the right thing to do to let the "true" fans buy the tickets, but that would be just foolish business.

If you are committing to 81 games next year, I'd like to think you are a true fan.

I think it's not only a brilliant move, it's the right move. Raise the season ticket base - what is it now, 14,000? Get it up to 20,000 next year - like it was in the early 90's, and the Sox will have a better chance of staying competitive for the next 5-6 years.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 09:10 AM)
The rep hasn't called me yet.  Is there a chance he/she doesn't and I get screwed out of WS tickets and not get refunded for the deposit?

if this is what you're looking for, then you will get your deposit refunded.

I had a weekend package this year. I just dont understand why they would'nt contact people like myself,that have bought something before. They instead release the info to everyone,and I get screwed. This is a team that was crying for fans to but tickets,then reward them by lumping them together with everyone else!!! I just don't see the harm in giving the people that have been loyal to you a chance before anyone else!

QUOTE(That funky motion @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 10:21 AM)
I had a weekend package this year. I just dont understand why they would'nt contact people like myself,that have bought something before. They instead release the info to everyone,and I get screwed. This is a team that was crying for fans to but tickets,then reward them by lumping them together with everyone else!!!    I just don't see the harm in giving the people that have been loyal to you a chance before anyone else!

Yea... that's a question I asked. As a full season holder I did feel that I should have been given the opportunity to buy more first.

:ph34r:

IMO, this deal makes a lot of sense for next year however doesn't make to much sense for the series. This deal is basically a ticket brokers dream considering they can basically get their money back by selling one ticket, that being said now cub fans and more people who have a lot of money and just really never gave a s*** about this team are going to be at the games even moreso then the alcs. More diehards are going to be screwed and alas the stadium is going to be much quieter and give us less of a homefield advantage. People were complaining about the noise for the alcs and there's a good chance it could be worse this time around. That's the thing that bugs me about this whole thing. But hopefully I'm wrong.

QUOTE(That funky motion @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 10:21 AM)
I had a weekend package this year. I just dont understand why they would'nt contact people like myself,that have bought something before. They instead release the info to everyone,and I get screwed. This is a team that was crying for fans to but tickets,then reward them by lumping them together with everyone else!!!    I just don't see the harm in giving the people that have been loyal to you a chance before anyone else!

The answer to this question is time and preparation...We don't have much experience with this world series thing so some things that are done were not exactly well planned out...Loyalty should've been a factor but instead of dealing with emails they simply released one simple press release.

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 09:30 AM)
The answer to this question is time and preparation...We don't have much experience with this world series thing so some things that are done were not exactly well planned out...Loyalty should've been a factor but instead of dealing with emails they simply released one simple press release.

Well being a buisness owner myself,I know I take care of my best customers. That is buisness 101! Now if this thought of a couple of days ago,someone should be fired!!

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 10:32 AM)
Because they only had one day to do this?

I guarantee you that this was hatched on the plane ride home...

No.. it was hatched 3 months ago with the initial offer. We've been asking for the same buying allowance as the DS and CS since then. No dice.

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 09:30 AM)

I'm sure they were bombarded with deposits. Considering this whole process takes human contact they are going to have a hard time reaching everyone by the time the tickets go on sale to the general public. I would imagine that the tickets that would be reserved by people making their deposits would be held out, but you never know. It wouldn't surprise me if they are contacting the people requesting the most expensive seats first.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 09:42 AM)
I'm not bitter. I'm a long time season ticketholder who will be at the games. As I said, there will be a few people getting these tickets with good intentions. I just think the majority will wind up in ticket broker hands which is a shame. IMO, there at least should be some tickets available for the general public.

The general public would be selling also and the brokers are even better at snagging these. They have the systems in place, their jobs depend on it.

You are also forgetting the thousands of seats that the league has to give to executives of other teams, Fox, and other sponsors, etc. So few tickets are ever available for big events like this.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 10:38 AM)
I'm sure they were bombarded with deposits. Considering this whole process takes human contact they are going to have a hard time reaching everyone by the time the tickets go on sale to the general public. I would imagine that the tickets that would be reserved by people making their deposits would be held out, but you never know. It wouldn't surprise me if they are contacting the people requesting the most expensive seats first.

that was one of the reasons i went with club...

I was also on hold yesterday for an hour. Then a 5:00,I got a recording telling me that they are now closed. So let me get this right....You have not been to the WS in 46 years,people are going crazy for tickets and no one can work past 5:oo. :angry:

Now I'm sure at one point or another people on this board were asked to work some OT because it was needed. :headshake

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 10:38 AM)

Good...cause thats what I have asked for...the website sure sounds like if you fill out a deposit form they will hold tickets for you...I sure hope so.

Who would be more likely to sell their tickets?

Person A who buys two tickets at $140 each and can make a quick, higher % cash profit.

Person B who buys season tickets + WS Tickets and would make a much smaller profit after expenses, who would basically have 2006 season tickets for his trouble?

My guess is person A. More people would go through the trouble of trying and hitting the lottery with a lower initial investment.

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 10:49 AM)
Thats actually a good sign for those who have filled out that form already  :cheers

I think...  :unsure:

i was just typing that...i have been refreshing whitesox.com quite a bit today in hopes of seeing the WS deposit disappear

I couldn't figure out anywhere HOW MANY WS tickets I could've gotten with Season Tickets. Was it ONE ticket for four games? FOUR tickets for four games? ONE ticket for one game? That's part of the reason why I didn't jump onboard, but it was mostly cuz I couldn't get a hold of ANYONE because the line was busy and I didn't trust this whole process to get worked out correctly. Plus, I can't really afford it and I couldn't go to even 20-30 games next year much less 80 and I would feel uncomfortable scalping tix to recoup costs.

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 10:49 AM)
Thats actually a good sign for those who have filled out that form already  :cheers

I think...  :unsure:

I'll be interested to see if we hear back from the Sox at some point. We put in our order last night. I figured they'd be hard-pressed to get back to us by the time tickets went on sale.