Guaranteed series tickets....

Steff

QUOTE(Texsox @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 09:47 AM)
Who would be more likely to sell their tickets?

Person A who buys two tickets at $140 each and can make a quick, higher % cash profit.

Person B who buys season tickets + WS Tickets and would make a much smaller profit after expenses, who would basically have 2006 season tickets for his trouble?

My guess is person A. More people would go through the trouble of trying and hitting the lottery with a lower initial investment.

Many of the people putting down money are brokers themselves. They will rake in money for the WS tickets, paying for next year's full season and then some, and will be able to sell the defending World Champion tickets for at least face next year which would be all profit.

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(THEWOOD @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 11:03 AM)
did anyone else know that you could of went down to the cell today and purchased this package at the cell box office...they just announced this on CLTV

That was all over the news last night as well as news cameras were there and they interviewed Brooks. Maybe if you guys got off the internet once in a while...

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 10:04 AM)
That's good that they announced that after the fact.  :angry:

When I first got season tickets and when they moved to the new park I did it in the offices. It was pretty cool. The new park wasn't ready yet but the guy had a huge chart that actually had seats and rows mapped out and I chose a location that way.

QUOTE(Steff @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 11:06 AM)
That was all over the news last night as well as news cameras were there and they interviewed Brooks. Maybe if you guys got off the internet once in a while...

Classic example of pot calling kettle black... :lolhitting

Although you're pretty much a 9 to 5er like me ;)

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 06:28 AM)
Yes and the White Sox make $2K on each World Sereis ticket sold insteead of $140.

People need to realize that it is a big world out there and keeping the die hards happy isn't the goal of the White Sox nor should it be we follow them when they blow.  Bandwagon is where the money is and this is the target not the die-hards.  I am buying a full two seat plan (usually I have 27 game plan), am going to one WS game and selling the rest to pay for what I can not afford, a full plan next year.  Who pays this for me, some guy I do not know.  I do know this, I will be at a ton of games next year and will spend $$$ while there.  I hope the guy that buys the scalped seats has fun and I would like to thank him.  Next season if they go all they way, I'll be there for every step.  If they suck oh well, that is KW's fault not Brooks.  Brooks will have 1.6M tickets sold in February (this year they had 800K), KW needs to make it worth the time for the fans to be there.  If the tickets were sold, the 15K for the Royals would've been 30K in September.

Diehards like myself want to go, but trust me, In the long run if the Sox make the series and than go on to spend extra money and all that (which they will) I really am just fine with it (in fact I'm exstastic...if someone tells me that this means Konerko is resigned and because of that I may miss out on a series game, so be it in my book).

Plus I'm gonna go crazy in excitement if they win the series (whether I was able to get to a game or not). Hell, I've been lucky enough to see 3 playoff games, one of which was the clincher against Anaheim.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 10:55 AM)
Many of the people putting down money are brokers themselves. They will rake in money for the WS tickets, paying for next year's full season and then some, and will be able to sell the defending World Champion tickets for at least face next year which would be all profit.

So how much do you think the brokers are willing to invest? How much capitol will they invest for 2006, knowing that most regular season games will not sell out and they will have to take a loss on those tickets? They will not be getting face value on most of the games. They also have expenses in selling the tickets. Even getting face value, they will lose based on interest and overhead. Plus if they tie up too much money they don't have it to buy Stones, Bulls, Streisand, etc. tickets. If the Sox are out of the race by August, the brokers are really in trouble. They don't like to gamble. They also don't want 50 or 100 seats to an event that may or may not sell out. Then have that for 80 games? Who will be paying a premium in April?

Don't you think they would come out better in a single game market? Invest now and get your return in days? You know the phone lines would be jammed by opportunistic people hoping to snag tickets to sell. And the brokers employ people to buy tickets. Some have ties directly to Ticketmaster and the other sellers. They develop contacts inside the clubs to gain access. This at least puts up one barrier to the sellers. They need a much bigger investment.

I'm sure that some of these were snagged by brokers....but I doubt if they went too crazy on these. Knowing that prospective buyers could get the same deal at this time really limits their market. People are not going to pay $3000 to a broker for a ticket if they didn't take advantage of paying the same amount to the White Sox for season tickets and World Series tickets.

And for those of you upset about these not being sold by themselves (without season ticket obligations)....rest assured that the brokers would probably secure almost all tickets sold in this manner. They will pay hundreds of people to wait in line, dial on 20 different lines, try connecting on 15 different computers, or do anything else necessary to make the purchase (including bribes to people in the ticket office whom I sure they know quite well).

I applaud the Sox for this effort and look forward to seeing the moves in the off season this extra revenue will provide.

Lets not find anything to b**** about in this time of extreme joy....we're in the f***ing World Series and in great shape as an organization for years to come!

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 10:09 AM)
Diehards like myself want to go, but trust me, In the long run if the Sox make the series and than go on to spend extra money and all that (which they will) I really am just fine with it (in fact I'm exstastic...if someone tells me that this means Konerko is resigned and because of that I may miss out on a series game, so be it in my book). 

Plus I'm gonna go crazy in excitement if they win the series (whether I was able to get to a game or not).  Hell, I've been lucky enough to see 3 playoff games, one of which was the clincher against Anaheim.

Your right. I'm getting all pissed and the Sox are going to the WS!

QUOTE(Texsox @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 10:10 AM)
So how much do you think the brokers are willing to invest? How much capitol will they invest for 2006, knowing that most regular season games will not sell out and they will have to take a loss on those tickets? They will not be getting face value on most of the games. They also have expenses in selling the tickets. Even getting face value, they will lose based on interest and overhead. Plus if they tie up too much money they don't have it to buy Stones, Bulls, Streisand, etc. tickets. If the Sox are out of the race by August, the brokers are really in trouble. They don't like to gamble. They also don't want 50 or 100 seats to an event that may or may not sell out. Then have that for 80 games?  Who will be paying a premium in April?

Don't you think they would come out better in a single game market? Invest now and get your return in days? You know the phone lines would be jammed by opportunistic people hoping to snag tickets to sell. And the brokers employ people to buy tickets. Some have ties directly to Ticketmaster and the other sellers. They develop contacts inside the clubs to gain access.

The one thing that would kill the broker is if the Sox only played 2 home games.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 07:38 AM)
I'm sure they were bombarded with deposits. Considering this whole process takes human contact they are going to have a hard time reaching everyone by the time the tickets go on sale to the general public. I would imagine that the tickets that would be reserved by people making their deposits would be held out, but you never know. It wouldn't surprise me if they are contacting the people requesting the most expensive seats first.

Ya, you got to figure when the tix get released to the general public they will be holding some back in an attempt to still contact the people who put down the deposits. In fact, I'd be shocked if they did anything less.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 08:17 AM)
That's been my backup plan all along. :P

It'll be like that ESPN commercial...where someone is always going after the trophy (I think thats what they were going after). So Rowand will whack someone and say he's got tix, we'll all find him and it continues until the lucky person finds his way into the gates :P

QUOTE(Texsox @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 11:10 AM)
So how much do you think the brokers are willing to invest? How much capitol will they invest for 2006, knowing that most regular season games will not sell out and they will have to take a loss on those tickets? They will not be getting face value on most of the games. They also have expenses in selling the tickets. Even getting face value, they will lose based on interest and overhead. Plus if they tie up too much money they don't have it to buy Stones, Bulls, Streisand, etc. tickets. If the Sox are out of the race by August, the brokers are really in trouble. They don't like to gamble. They also don't want 50 or 100 seats to an event that may or may not sell out. Then have that for 80 games?  Who will be paying a premium in April?

Don't you think they would come out better in a single game market? Invest now and get your return in days? You know the phone lines would be jammed by opportunistic people hoping to snag tickets to sell. And the brokers employ people to buy tickets. Some have ties directly to Ticketmaster and the other sellers. They develop contacts inside the clubs to gain access. This at least puts up one barrier to the sellers. They need a much bigger investment.

Regardless of what the Sox do next season, having the available World Series tickets is huge. I have yet to see a ticket go for less than $750 anywhere. Plus, they know that they'll be able to sell tickets for the Cubs, Yankees, Red Sox, and next season the Cardinals (think Astros too) for well over face, plus probably the Indians and/or Twins. They'd probably be buying those tickets anyways. Also, regardless of who they play, some people with more money than common sense will always be looking for premium seats to a game, which usually aren't available. Think about it: with a conservative estimate at $500 a pop for WS tickets and an easy $200 to $500 for Cubs, Yanks, Red Sox, and Cardinals, it's not that bad an investment. Plus if they make the playoffs again next year, which seems highly possible, that's several more games with high resale value.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 10:20 AM)
It'll be like that ESPN commercial...where someone is always going after the trophy (I think thats what they were going after).  So Rowand will whack someone and say he's got tix, we'll all find him and it continues until the lucky person finds his way into the gates  :P

Pssh, if I die those tickets are coming with me. :P