Guaranteed series tickets....

Steff

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 06:45 PM)
I think you guys who put deposits down still may be alright. On the other site someone there is claiming his friend got called at 1 pm today when the tickets were all gone and got his tickets for next year and 2 upper deck seats to all WS games.

:pray :pray :pray

I think you guys who put deposits down still may be alright. On the other site someone there is claiming his friend got called at 1 pm today when the tickets were all gone and got his tickets for next year and 2 upper deck seats to all WS games.

:pray :pray

There was another guy that posted after him that said his rep called and said there were no more WS tix available.

Got a question. Is there a way to cut a deal with a ticket broker or someone where if you wanted tix to one teams world series and you had tix to another teams series (obviously you can't really do it this year, but if it was ahead of time) would you be able to make some sort of deal with a broker so you could trade a set of world series tix to a team you didn't care for, for one that you do want to see.

Like a Cardinal fan purchasing them and than dealing them for White Sox tickets (obviously this would have to be done in advance).

Just curious.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 07:24 PM)
Got a question.  Is there a way to cut a deal with a ticket broker or someone where if you wanted tix to one teams world series and you had tix to another teams series (obviously you can't really do it this year, but if it was ahead of time) would you be able to make some sort of deal with a broker so you could trade a set of world series tix to a team you didn't care for, for one that you do want to see. 

Like a Cardinal fan purchasing them and than dealing them for White Sox tickets (obviously this would have to be done in advance). 

Just curious.

Yep. The broker I know made deals with both Stros and St Louis ST holders.

just received this email from a sales rep....

We are anticipating at this point that any requests submitted after 7pm yesterday evening, will, unfortunately, not be filled. However, we are still in the process of filling orders that have come in within the past 24 hours.

An email should be going out shortly to all those who submitted online requests with more information.

Thank you for your patience.

Deb Theobald

Manager of Premium Seating Services

Chicago White Sox

Direct: 312.674.5337

Fax: 312.674.5140

Sorry for the brief message earlier. Yesterday afternoon I e-mailed my rep directly looking to see if I could upgrade from a 27 game plan for next year to a full season with WS tickets to all games this year. A girl called today and I got through, I have to go tomorrow and pick up 2 to each of the World Series games.

I also have all 81 next year in left field reserved.

Total cost $5,100. Yikes, it is spilt 5 ways though.

This is a great deal. The two guys were going to pay $1,000 a ticket instead they got two for game two and two to thirty games next year for about the same price.

Not a bad deal.

The brawl for game 7 will make Lord of Flies look like the Waltons.

Good luck my friends I hope otehrs are as lucky.

The White Sox are in the World Series, still brings a smile.

QUOTE(chimpy2121 @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 09:40 PM)
Congrats man, at least one of us will be going to the World Series.

I'm just hoping for good news tomorrow... :pray

I say just give them a day to sort it all out and then see where the cards fall. No sense in freaking out until there's a reason to.

QUOTE(Steff @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 03:48 PM)
Hey Ribbs.. what's the avaliabilty of 533, lower rows, up there.. ?

Sorry Steff, I didn't see your post earlier...

During the Season, the front five or six rows are reserved for only FULL season plans. The 27 game plans are farther back

But they are availble, according to my rep, around that area.

QUOTE(BlackBetsy @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 11:44 PM)
Not to be flip, but they don't have a heck of a lot of experience with this kind of stuff...the World Series, that is.

i totally understand that, but basically turning people away on season tickets (i know, they could still buy them if they truly want them) is a huge problem. i have no idea how many they sold over the last day or so, but it sounds like a lot of people might not have their orders filled. this is guaranteed income regardless of how the team plays next year.

This email was sent to members from a different board:

PLEASE READ: IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR RECENT ONLINE DEPOSIT

Thank you for your interest in our on-line 2006 season tickets/World

Series offer. As you might imagine we have received an overwhelming

response and the demand for World Series tickets far exceeds what we have

available. We are in the process of calling everyone whose order we can

fill in order to confirm seat location and other details. Based on the

number of orders we have already received, we will not be able to fill

all orders. If you have not spoken with someone in our sales department

by Friday at noon, it is highly unlikely that we will be able to

fulfill your request. Once it is clear that we are not able to fulfill your

request, we will refund the online fee to your credit card.

As a reminder, by submitting your deposit online you acknowledged that

World Series tickets are limited, and your offer to purchase 2006

season tickets and 2005 World Series tickets may not be accepted by the

Chicago White Sox, in its discretion. Your order is not accepted until you

have been contacted by an account executive, selected a seat location,

your credit card has been charged and the charge of your credit card

has been authorized by the applicable network.

We appreciate your patience and your enthusiasm for the White Sox, and

we hope you’ll continue to support us as we work to bring a World

Series Championship to Chicago.

Interesting. It looks like there's still hope. :pray Either way, my Dad and I are getting ST for next year. We're actually going to try to change our order from Lower Deck Reserved to at least Lower Deck Box, maybe Lower Deck Premium Box. Either way, I've always wanted season tickets and it looks like I'll finally be getting them. :headbang

i received this from deb in reply to my email....

You should’ve received the following email last night from your new sales representative:

Thank you for your interest in our on-line 2006 season tickets/World Series offer. As you might imagine we have received an overwhelming response and the demand for World Series tickets far exceeds what we have available. We are in the process of calling everyone whose order we can fill in order to confirm seat location and other details. Based on the number of orders we have already received, we will not be able to fill all orders. If you have not spoken with someone in our sales department by Friday at noon, it is highly unlikely that we will be able to fulfill your request. Once it is clear that we are not able to fulfill your request, we will refund the online fee to your credit card.

As a reminder, by submitting your deposit online you acknowledged that World Series tickets are limited, and your offer to purchase 2006 season tickets and 2005 World Series tickets may not be accepted by the Chicago White Sox, in its discretion. Your order is not accepted until you have been contacted by an account executive, selected a seat location, your credit card has been charged and the charge of your credit card has been authorized by the applicable network.

We appreciate your patience and your enthusiasm for the White Sox, and we hope you’ll continue to support us as we work to bring a World Series Championship to Chicago.

Please note that most of those that came to U.S. Cellular Field were picking up already-placed orders, or solely putting in a request (as you did online), Those requests were and are still be filled first-come, first-served. Their requests did not guarantee World Series tickets – just as the online requests did not as well. We are making every effort to contact everyone by Friday.

Thank you for your patience.