Guaranteed series tickets....

Steff

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(THEWOOD @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 03:46 PM)
rock you get through to anyone?  I have been trying to call the sales dept since steff posted this and its been busy the whole time....

That's not a good sign. The chance of me getting tix went from about 1 percent to about .000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001 percent.

QUOTE(THEWOOD @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 04:46 PM)
rock you get through to anyone?  I have been trying to call the sales dept since steff posted this and its been busy the whole time....

Gee, who might they be talking to? Hmmmm, I wonder who might be buying all those season tix for '06. Who could possibly spring for all that cash on such short notice?

QUOTE(THEWOOD @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 02:42 PM)
who are all these people that are calling if they are not brokers??

Sox fans that may have been turned off by the strike or people that were casual Cub fans that have watched this team and taken a liking to their style. They want to see the series badly and think they'd like season seats (maybe for there company or just for themselves) so they come in and buy them up now.

Heck, there may be a lot of Sox fans who long said if the Sox make the playoffs and do well I'd buy and now they have an extra incentive since it would give them world series tickets.

I would guess they may get 1000 seats sold from this at most. I couldn't see much more than that, but I do think you'll see a big time increase in the season ticket base and I could be wrong, they could get even more deposits than just that.

If I lived in Chicago I'd be damn tempted to do it. Find the cheapest package, buy 4 seats and find 3 other people to go in 4th's with the tix and it wouldn't be all that bad, especially if your a big fan and would have the opportunity to hit up a lot of games as is.