Guaranteed series tickets....

Steff

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 10:00 PM)
So wait, you guys bought season tix and didn't find out IMMEDIATELY if you have WS tix???!!!

Man, I sure hope you guys don't end up getting screwed.

"Your order is not accepted until you have been contacted by an account executive, your credit card has been charged and the charge of your credit card has been authorized by the applicable network."

so if they say no we dont have any WS tickets left then I just say ok goodbye you may not charge my card

QUOTE(That funky motion @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 10:04 PM)
Why? They will call you,and if your not happy you wont pay. I have had the weekend plan for 2 years,and have always been treated great.

Are you sure?

You hereby agree that in consideration of purchasing tickets to each potential Chicago White Sox 2005 World Series home game at U.S. Cellular Field  (location of tickets shall be determined by CWS in its sole discretion) (the “World Series Tickets”), you agree to purchase the number of 2006 full season tickets selected below (limit 8 tickets) (and hereby agree to pay a fifty percent non-refundable deposit), at the location determined by Chicago White Sox (the “Season Tickets”). You understand that, upon charge of your credit card for the deposit and such charge of your credit card has been authorized by the applicable network, the sale of the World Series Tickets to you is final, and you are obligated to pay the remaining fifty percent balance due on the Season Tickets and that you are not entitled to a refund for any reason.

By providing your credit card number below, you hereby authorize Chicago White Sox to charge your credit card a fifty percent non-refundable deposit of the full cost of the Season Tickets as well as the full price of the World Series Tickets.

You acknowledge that, as World Series tickets are limited, your offer to purchase Season Tickets and World Series Tickets may or may not be accepted by Chicago White Sox, in its discretion. Your order is not accepted until you have been contacted by an account executive, your credit card has been charged and the charge of your credit card has been authorized by the applicable network.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 10:16 PM)
Are you sure?

i got all that but if you read the last paragraph it says your order is not final until you are contacted by a account rep....so obviously they do not charge your card until they call you and make sure you understand all the details and what each party agrees to do

QUOTE(THEWOOD @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 10:32 PM)
i got all that but if you read the last paragraph it says your order is not final until you are contacted by a account rep....so obviously they do not charge your card until they call you and make sure you understand all the details and what each party agrees to do

I don't know about that interpretation (but I'm not the financial advisor). All the jazz about the non-refundable deposit suggests to me that if they can fulfill their end of the deal (provide you with the season tickets you requested and offer you the chance to purchase 1 WS ticket per potential game per season ticket bought if available, then you are already in for half (the non-refundable part) and will get nicked for the rest tomorrow. If they have the WS tickets available but you don't like the seats or the per game ticket limit you can decline but you're out the non-refundable part.

At least that is what I'm getting out of it.

Keep us informed.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 03:45 AM)
I don't know about that interpretation (but I'm not the financial advisor).  All the jazz about the non-refundable deposit suggests to me that if they can fulfill their end of the deal (provide you with the season tickets you requested and offer you the chance to purchase 1 WS ticket per potential game per season ticket bought if available, then you are already in for half (the non-refundable part) and will get nicked for the rest tomorrow.  If they have the WS tickets available but you don't like the seats or the per game ticket limit you can decline but you're out the non-refundable part.

At least that is what I'm getting out of it.

Keep us informed.

That's exactly how I read it. I can also tell you that they can NOT offer you a WS ticket based on their wording if they so chose. The legality says they don't have to give you s*** for a WS ticket - and they have 50% of your money no matter what for next year.

Will they do that? Not likely. But the contract gives them that right. And yes, when you accepted, it IS a contract.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 08:09 PM)
So wait wait wait guys.  If I purchased 1 season ticket I'd be able to get 1 world series ticket per game?

No, if you purchase 1 season ticket, you get 1 ticket to 1 game of the world series (from the sounds of it, it is a game of your choice).

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 11:06 PM)
Ya, that 1st line says your eligible for 1 world series ticket per season seat purchased.

That's what makes the most sense, but the way I read it they will give you a chance at purchasing 1 WS ticket for EACH of the 4 potential home games (if available) for every season package purchased:

You hereby agree that in consideration of purchasing tickets to each potential Chicago White Sox 2005 World Series home game. . .

Like you said earlier, you could make your season ticket money back by selling one or two of those WS tix. But the die-hards taking the plunge now are not going to do that, and even if they do, the Sox still have succeeded in selling a season ticket package.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 08:10 PM)
so you saying 1 ticket all together? or 1 ticket each ws game?  Im thinking its 1 ticket all together.

1 ticket to 1 world series game of your choice. Thats at least the way i read it and I'm 99% sure thats right.

I'm agreeing with ya. Hopefully we'll all be able to get a ticket at face or at least close to face.

Its not a bad deal though if you get a tix to a world series game and spend a 2000 or so on a season seat as long as you plan on going to a few of the games. Heck, sell the Cubs/Sox tickets your entitled to and that will pay a decent portion of your seats as well as the Yanks and BoSox games and than just enjoy the rest of the games.

There are some ways you can pull it. We just calculated or season seats in Anaheim and we ended up paying (actual out of pocket) 2000 for 4 seats for the entire regular season and postseason in the lower part of the UD behind home (about 5 rows up in the low part of the UD). Obviously ticket prices differ, but we sold some of our playoff seats and sold ocassional seats during the regular season. We also gave away a ton of seats to clients, but they aren't a bad investment and than your allowed to see as many games as you want at a pretty good price.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 11:10 PM)
so you saying 1 ticket all together? or 1 ticket each ws game?  Im thinking its 1 ticket all together.

I'm still reading 1 for each of 4 potential games per package. If that's the case, it's not such a bad deal.

Edited by FlaSoxxJim

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 10:14 PM)
I'm still reading 1 per game.  If that's the case, it's not such a bad deal.

That's what I'm seeing too. FYI, not that this means anything but some guy on wsi did buy 2 season tickets and get 2 world series tickets for EACH game.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 08:12 PM)
That's what makes the most sense, but the way I read it they will give you a chance at purchasing 1 WS ticket for EACH of the 4 potential home games (if available) for every season package purchased:

Like you said earlier, you could make your season ticket money back by selling one or two of those WS tix.  But the die-hards taking the plunge now are not going to do that, and even if they do, the Sox still have succeeded in selling a season ticket package.

Actually, reading that again, you can even see that is being able to buy 4 tickets...1 ticket to each game of the world series and you'd be on the hook for 4 season seats.

Or you could go for 4 tickets to 1 world series game. Basically your limited to the amount of seats you have total.

However, it says for each ticket you purchase. SO basically anyone who purchases a World Series ticket in advance (ie before they go on sale) is on the hook for a season seat for every ticket purchased to whichever game they want to see.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 11:13 PM)
1 ticket to 1 world series game of your choice.  Thats at least the way i read it and I'm 99% sure thats right.

I'm agreeing with ya.  Hopefully we'll all be able to get a ticket at face or at least close to face. 

Its not a bad deal though if you get a tix to a world series game and spend a 2000 or so on a season seat as long as you plan on going to a few of the games.  Heck, sell the Cubs/Sox tickets your entitled to and that will pay a decent portion of your seats as well as the Yanks and BoSox games and than just enjoy the rest of the games. 

There are some ways you can pull it.  We just calculated or season seats in Anaheim and we ended up paying (actual out of pocket) 2000 for 4 seats for the entire regular season and postseason in the lower part of the UD behind home (about 5 rows up in the low part of the UD).  Obviously ticket prices differ, but we sold some of our playoff seats and sold ocassional seats during the regular season.  We also gave away a ton of seats to clients, but they aren't a bad investment and than your allowed to see as many games as you want at a pretty good price.

Yeah I paid the 50 % for mine right now. I figure no matter what I will still come on top. I figure I may just sell my WS ticket (if its only 1 all together Im getting) and using the profit as a HUGE discount towards my season tix.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 11:15 PM)
That's what I'm seeing too.  FYI, not that this means anything but some guy on wsi did buy 2 season tickets and get 2 world series tickets for EACH game.

No, that means a hell of a lot. It seems to confirm our interpretation. Hmmm. maybe it's time to talk to Dad and Li'l Bro and pool our resources. . .

If you guys have the scratch and it means you get 2 tix to each game, I'd do it. I know I'm totally against scalping them, but in that instance (if it were me), I'd take the 2 tix to each game, go to 1 (thats all I want to see, I'd love to see more, but I figure thats my best shot) and I'd sell the remaining 3 games seats at the 1000 bucks they are going for.

You basically pay for everything. Thats why I just can't see the Sox doing that. All that said, like Jim says, it still means the Sox get there money. Great deal for all parties involved, especially if it goes to a diehard fan. However, if its as assumed, I can see why brokers would be all over this deal.