US Cellular Field

redandwhite

I thought this was deserving of its own thread. Obviously with the renovations, the stadium has improved into a pretty elite park, but being that most here are all diehards, would you revert back to the stadium five years ago, if it meant there would be 10,000 more tickets to get your hands on?

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 04:57 PM)
I thought this was deserving of its own thread.  Obviously with the renovations, the stadium has improved into a pretty elite park, but being that most here are all diehards, would you revert back to the stadium five years ago, if it meant there would be 10,000 more tickets to get your hands on?

no

I completely agree Kap and obviously the park has become a great place to see a ballgame, its just an interesting question that I've been thinking about for the last few weeks.

Personally, I think with only 38,000 seats, the Cell is going to be like its counterpart to the North in terms of ticket availability next season and beyond.

Edited by redandwhite

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 10:57 PM)
I thought this was deserving of its own thread.  Obviously with the renovations, the stadium has improved into a pretty elite park, but being that most here are all diehards, would you revert back to the stadium five years ago, if it meant there would be 10,000 more tickets to get your hands on?

No.

QUOTE(Antonio Osuna @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 05:12 PM)
Three Words: Home Run Porch.

The stadium is much better now than it was in 2002. I wouldn't change it for 1 in 5000 chances rather than 1 in 10,000.

i think just about everyone really likes the improvements. now all they need to do is get all the seats green :)

Green seats are so conformist, though. We'll look like every other stadium out there.

I do love the retired number portraits on the outfield wall. With everything turned green like every other park in baseball, that's what lets me identify US Cellular Field in a split-second. Also the lights in the visitor's bullpen, if its a shot of right field.

QUOTE(Antonio Osuna @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 04:16 PM)
Am I the only one here that likes the blue seats?

I liked the Blue last time I was there.

I haven't seen the green in person or completely installed, so I don't know how that'll look when finished.

Overall though...I'm more than willing to sacrifice some seats in order to make the place better. Did you guys like sitting up in the top? Hell, my dad still tells horror stories of his first game up there.

QUOTE(Antonio Osuna @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 05:19 PM)
Green seats are so conformist, though. We'll look like every other stadium out there.

not really. they Sox are trying to make the new stadium look a little more like the old one. notice the yellow line on the outfield walls, dark green color scheme.... there is no reason to keep light blue seats just to be "non-conformist".