US Cellular Field

redandwhite

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 06:43 PM)
Curious, how many tix do you think will be available for each game?

I figure 18000 have been bought up by season tix holders and than maybe another couple thousand to MLB and others, leaving roughly 15000 for each game? 

Is that a good estimate?

I've heard only a few thousand........yikes.

How the hell is that possible? The season ticket holder base is at most 12,000 right?

And than some were offered the right to buy double that which would be a max of 24,000 but I bet half of them did it (at most), meaning 18000 out of your season ticket holders. Than MLB probably grabs up a couple thousand.

But if capacity is 38k (someone tell me if I'm wrong). That leaves 20,000 seats between MLB and us. Does MLB take 15,000 tickets to give to different people?

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 06:56 PM)
How the hell is that possible?  The season ticket holder base is at most 12,000 right? 

And than some were offered the right to buy double that which would be a max of 24,000 but I bet half of them did it (at most), meaning 18000 out of your season ticket holders.  Than MLB probably grabs up a couple thousand.

But if capacity is 38k (someone tell me if I'm wrong).  That leaves 20,000 seats between MLB and us.  Does MLB take 15,000 tickets to give to different people?

Life hates us Jason, that is how it's possible.

The capacity seems to be right around 40, I have no clue how the f*** all those tickets are gone but I've heard the same things as tony.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 07:43 PM)
Curious, how many tix do you think will be available for each game?

I figure 18000 have been bought up by season tix holders and than maybe another couple thousand to MLB and others, leaving roughly 15000 for each game? 

Is that a good estimate?

I'd say probably too high by a factor of 3, sadly. :crying

There were supposedly in teh neighborhood of 10K released per game for the ALCS. So, figure in the next level of MLB, network, and corporate blocks skimmed off of that 10K, then the ones going to the 2006 seasin ticket signups, then factor in that th World Series release will have AT LEAST 2x the broker action as the last round. . .

Damn, it's even more bleak than I had thought, when you start to add it all up. But, yeah, I'd say 5K-7.5K per game is a realistic BEST estimate of what will be released.

Edited by FlaSoxxJim

I'd think it would be right around the 10,000 from the ALCS. They aren't gonna get more than 1000 from the new season tix plan and I can't see them giving up much more tix to corp and all that crap, since I'd assume they'd be giving out the same amount or near it for each round.

Maybe 8,000 per?