NLCS game 5

Balta1701

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 03:45 AM)
Berkman's homer was a 315 foot cheapie.  Pujols smashed his.

I know, I know. Think about it...when you say a homer leaves the park, it usually means goes over the fence. Well, Berkman's homer just barely went out of the park (over the wall for a homer). On the other hand, the homer by Pujols barely made it over the wall over the entire park.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 03:48 AM)
Has a crowd ever went more dead that fast?  Oh wait, 2003 Cubs at Wrigley.  :lol:

The 2003 Wrigley stuff is nowhere close to what happened tonight. Think about it, they were one out away from their first ever World Series. That's a hell of a lot closer than the Cubs ever got in 2003.

I know, I know.  Think about it...when you say a homer leaves the park, it usually means goes over the fence.  Well, Berkman's homer just barely went out of the park (over the wall for a homer).  On the other hand, the homer by Pujols barely made it over the wall over the entire park.

Pujols' homer was crushed. He almost hit it over the tracks.

Edited by SSH2005

QUOTE(Antonio Osuna @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 10:50 PM)
Astros in 7, please. I don't want to face Pujols.

Pujols is one man

The Cards are old and injured, the 'stros are young and hungry with a killer big three in that pitching staff.

If the Cards do end comming back and winning this thing in 7 it could give them a s***load of momentum comming into Saturday's game.

I'm hoping for 7 games, it's kind of a tossup as to who I would rather play.

I was watching this and kind of rooting for the Cards, but I'm torn either way.

After thinking about this for a day, I think the best possible scenario would be if the series went 7 games and the Astros just barely stumble into the series. I don't think we want to face a rolling Cardinals team, but we also don't want to face those big 3 for Houston. So, we just have to hope for the best.

I was watching this and kind of rooting for the Cards, but I'm torn either way.

After thinking about this for a day, I think the best possible scenario would be if the series went 7 games and the Astros just barely stumble into the series.  I don't think we want to face a rolling Cardinals team, but we also don't want to face those big 3 for Houston.  So, we just have to hope for the best.

I agree with you. It's a toss-up on who we should want to face. On one hand, the Cardinals play fundamental baseball and have Pujols. On the other hand, the Astros have the big three of Clemens, Oswalt, and Pettitte.

I'd rather face Izzy than Lidge, for sure. BTW, my tying run comment was abotu putting the tying run in scoring position as opposed to having it on first. With two outs-that actually makes a large difference. The only problem is that there are nothing but RISP sitations for Pujols because a run can easily be scored every time he steps into the box. Great game, high drama

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 11:09 PM)
The most surprising part of that game for me was when they showed the time for game 1 of the series and they had the White Sox symbol on the right side.  All I could think was, "Wow, Sox are in the series."

That homer by Pujols...it seemed secondary.

I'm already starting to get nervous. This is just remarkable, I don't really know how to act.

Houstons big three is scary. Bagwell, Biggio, Berkman, Ensberg and so on. They got some good pitching and good hitting. I would rather face the Cards. Either way though, their both great teams.

And Jeff Bagwell could DH during the games at the Cell. It wouldn't be fun facing Frank Thomas' white clone.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 04:19 AM)
And Jeff Bagwell could DH during the games at the Cell.  It wouldn't be fun facing Frank Thomas' white clone.

Bagwell can't even get lift on the ball. He can only be used in situations where a fly ball isn't needed. Their likely DH would be Lamb or Palmeiro.