Winning Ugly

He can't be. They signed him to a contract for season three when they got renewed. They didn't tell anyone about it, but I have an inside source.

I follow it, but I think it's too much. Let's just say the 1st season was original & the 2nd season has been less inspiring. I still like the show but there are just too many cliffhangers. Plus I'm not sure whether fans care that much if they bomb a middle eastern country because of a terrorist attack surrounding oil prices.

Get back to Bin Laden type terrorists & I think the show will do better.

FOX should likewise have 2 seasons of 24. Each having 8 episodes. 13-15 is too much

:bang

I follow it, but I think it's too much. Let's just say the 1st season was original & the 2nd season has been less inspiring.  I still like the show but there are just too many cliffhangers. Plus I'm not sure whether fans care that much if they bomb a middle eastern country because of a terrorist attack surrounding oil prices.

Get back to Bin Laden type terrorists & I think the show will do better.

FOX should likewise have 2 seasons of 24.  Each having 8 episodes.  13-15 is too much

Ummm....they have 24 episodes per season, for 1 hour of that day. The first was from 8am-9am and next week it is from 7am to 8am the following day.

As for the reruns from the previous episode, FX shows it on Monday evenings before the newest episode airs on Tuesdays.

I think Kiefer may die jusy for the pure fact of plausability, how could he have ANOTHER long and winding day where everything goes wrong. Maybe he won't die, but I just don't think he'll be in Season Three, remember he's an Executive Producer now, I'm sure he'd be content with just doing that, and probably makes more money doing that anyway.

I think Kiefer may die jusy for the pure fact of plausability, how could he have ANOTHER long and winding day where everything goes wrong. Maybe he won't die, but I just don't think he'll be in Season Three, remember he's an Executive Producer now, I'm sure he'd be content with just doing that, and probably makes more money doing that anyway.

Then who replaces him if they waste his character next week?

Is he, as an executive producer, going to try to resurrect the acting career of one of his boys from the past?

Emilio Estevez? Charlie Sheen? Kevin Bacon?

Hmmmmm....

Then who replaces him if they waste his character next week?

Is he, as an executive producer, going to try to resurrect the acting career of one of his boys from the past?

Emilio Estevez? Charlie Sheen? Kevin Bacon?

Hmmmmm....

They could do a story about anybody they want, they could hire a new unknown to play the lead role, who knows?

The FX replay of the previous week is fine, but this year I missed the whole segment surrounding the actual nuc explosion. That kind of ruined it for me.

Are You sure they make 24 ep & don't skip hours?

That would be a straight 6 month block of weekly ep's & there's been weeks it's been skipped.

They could do a story about anybody they want, they could hire a new unknown to play the lead role, who knows?

which is what i was thinking when i said that he would die earlier becuase they always sign contracts without even knowing what the plan is for the third season, because only so many things can happen to one guy so look for them to focus in on someone else for the next season of 24

The FX replay of the previous week is fine, but this year I missed the whole segment surrounding the actual nuc explosion.  That kind of ruined it for me.

Are You sure they make 24 ep & don't skip hours? 

That would be a straight 6 month block of weekly ep's & there's been weeks it's been skipped.

John, if you get FX with your local cable and they do the same thing they did last year, look for/expect a 24 marathon on a weekend covering 12 episodes Saturday and the remaining 12 Sunday. That is what got me to catch and record the 2 episodes I missed last season.

If that doesn't happen, I have all episodes on tape. I wouldn't mind making you a copy of episodes you missed and setting the vcr's up to do so while I'm at work then send it to you.

Then again, once the DVD is out, those tapes of mine will be recorded over with more Sox games.

Only media here is local cable access.  :D

It's so funny because refer to Hollywood as being the entertainment capital, but there's actually no studios in Hollywood per see. NBC, Disney, Warner Bros., Universal(Sort of) are all in Burbank, and all within a five minute drive from my house :D Fox is in Beverly Hills, Sony (Columbia/Tri-Star) in is Culver City, Paramount is in LA. Funny stuff. Also "Universal Studios Hollywood" theme park, is actually in Universal City.

It's so funny because refer to Hollywood as being the entertainment capital, but there's actually no studios in Hollywood per see. NBC, Disney, Warner Bros., Universal(Sort of) are all in Burbank, and all within a five minute drive from my house :D Fox is in Beverly Hills, Sony (Columbia/Tri-Star) in is Culver City, Paramount is in LA. Funny stuff. Also "Universal Studios Hollywood" theme park, is actually in Universal City.

You're right but many view "Hollywood" as movie making capital, etc. Not the same for tv.

By the way, San Diego here, Cali.

Kiefer makes the show. One of the weaknesses in the 2nd season has been not enough time devoted to Kiefer.  Too many ancilaries. 

I think it pulled a 5.4 avg last yr, & it's below 5 this yr.  Anybody know the #'s?

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/cgi/gofuton....&action=tracker

2001-2002: 7.6 - 11.6

2002-2003: 9. 1 - 13. 5

Great link! It's definitely found a stronger audience in the 2nd yr.

The low numbers are more important than the highs, because the highs can be skewed by special presentations like American Idol in that slot.

2001-2002:  7.6 - 11.6 

2002-2003:  9. 1 - 13. 5

Great link!  It's definitely found a stronger audience in the 2nd yr.

The low numbers are more important than the highs, because the highs can be skewed by special presentations like American Idol in that slot.

Nope, because if you look closely those nights Idol was on in that slot are highlighted in blue and 24's numbers are in orange, so those are 24's real averages.

2001-2002:  7.6 - 11.6 

2002-2003:  9. 1 - 13. 5

Great link!  It's definitely found a stronger audience in the 2nd yr.

Nope, because if you look closely those nights Idol was on in that slot are highlighted in blue and 24's numbers are in orange, so those are 24's real averages.

No. You missed the context of the statement. We're talking about viewer patterns rather than just the numbers itself. The 2 straight weeks of American Idol on Tues was a smart move by FOX because it pulled those viewers away from other networks those weeks. That increases the odds those viewers will tune into that time slot on FOX the next week.

Kiefer makes the show.   One of the weaknesses in the 2nd season has been not enough time devoted to Kiefer.  Too many ancilaries. 

I think it pulled a 5.4 avg last yr, & it's below 5 this yr.  Anybody know the #'s?

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/cgi/gofuton....&action=tracker

2001-2002: 7.6 - 11.6

2002-2003: 9. 1 - 13. 5

Great link! It's definitely found a stronger audience in the 2nd yr.

That is a great website, I get all my TV info from there. It's ridiculous if you looks at CSI's ratings, there alway number 1 or 2 for the night. It's just incredible how popular that show is.