NOW who wins the NLCS?

rangercal

Rooting interests aside, who wins now?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Rooting interests aside, who wins now?

• Astros - Clemens and Oswalt will not lose the next 2
    • Cardinals - After that dramtic HR by their team leader and two home games, they have all the momentum. Cards in 7

Cards are tough at home, the have a big lift, and they did it last year so they aren't afraid of the situation obviously. I think that as long as Mulder doesn't meltdown this will go 7 for sure. Then you have Morris vs. Clemens with Marquis, Suppan, Carpenter, Pettitte, Backe, etc. all comign out of the pen in a crazy game should it get that far.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 10:15 PM)
Astros. It's tough to beat both Clemens and Oswalt, especially when you're as beat up as the Cardinals are.

What are Pettite's and Clemens playoff numbers? I seem to remember seeing them and they're OK, but not overwhelming. I know they showed Pettite's numbers in games he could eliminate the oppennent, and they were something like 3-2 in 8 games with a 4.25 ERA

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 11:15 PM)
Astros. It's tough to beat both Clemens and Oswalt, especially when you're as beat up as the Cardinals are.

Cards have beat the three in a row before that we've had to face. No reason they cant do it again. The only one of those two that concerns me is Oswalt.. Get to him and force a game 7 and here we go..

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 11:22 PM)
What are Pettite's and Clemens playoff numbers? I seem to remember seeing them and they're OK, but not overwhelming.  I know they showed Pettite's numbers in games he could eliminate the oppennent, and they were something like 3-2 in 8 games with a 4.25 ERA

it will be Oswalt and clemens the next 2 games.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Oct 19, 2005 -> 07:35 PM)
Oswalt looks unhittable right now.

So far, momentum = overrated.

Edmonds continues to look like s***.

Walker continues to suck out loud.

Eckstein and Pujols cannot be expected to do it all.

But it's not over yet, maybe they'll wake up again.

And maybe Lidge will hang a meatball over the middle of the plate to Pujols with the tying runs on base again....

QUOTE(The Critic @ Oct 19, 2005 -> 08:01 PM)
Tough call from the angle the ump had, and I'm not sure if anyone other than maybe the 1B ump could have seen the missed tag.

Cards need more than one run here, to feel like they're back in it.

Look on the brightside critic, atleast pujols doesnt have to leadoff an inning again.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Oct 19, 2005 -> 08:03 PM)
Cards got f***ed. It cost them 1st and second with 2 outs and Edmonds up. That would have been the situation if they hadn't blown the call. You get the feeling that its getting late early for the Cardinals

Real tough call though, there is no way the ump could have seen that.