Top 10 Sitcoms of the 90's

juddling

As voted on by 10,000 member of askmen.com......

Top 10 Sitcoms of the 1990's----

10. Home Improvement

9. 3rd Rock From the Sun

8. Newsradio

7. Fresh Prince of Bel-Aire

6. Married with Children

5. Rosanne

4. The Drew Carey Show

3. Fraiser

2. Friends

1. Seinfield

could have easliy guess the top three though i think Married with children should be at least number 4. I have never seen the humor in 3rd rock (though my mom LOVED that show.)

Just throwing it out for discussion....so talk among yourselves.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never watched Fresh Prince. Third Rock jumped the shark badly the last couple seasons. They seemed to run out of ideas. News Radio was just hitting their stride when Hartman caught that bullet. I understand the Friends popularity, but there was too much angst and stuff to keep me interested for long.

Rosanne also jumped the shark quickly, I think they had 3-4 great seasons then bleech.

QUOTE(juddling @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 11:22 PM)
As voted on by 10,000 member of askmen.com......

Top 10 Sitcoms of the 1990's----

10. Home Improvement

9.  3rd Rock From the Sun

8.  Newsradio

7.  Fresh Prince of Bel-Aire

6.  Married with Children

5.  Rosanne

4.    The Drew Carey Show

3.    Fraiser

2.    Friends

1.  Seinfield

could have easliy guess the top three though i think Married with children should be at least number 4.  I have never seen the humor in 3rd rock (though my mom LOVED that show.) 

Just throwing it out for discussion....so talk among yourselves.

I don't know what's worse, this list, or the list of celebrity sox fans.

The Drew Carey Show to me, is still great. I watch the reruns of it on TBS everyday. I like the weird vibe that it has after the first couple seasons. Lewis's job at the drug company makes for alot of good jokes, plus I've been a huge Ryan Stiles fan since the original "Whose Line is it Anyway?" on BBC.

3rd Rock is kinda meh, I mean I could watch it every once in a while, but its not really that great. Unique idea that went on WAY too long.

Married With Children, in its day, was as good as it got IMO.

I used to watch Home Improvement everyday loved the whole show but when the kids starting getting older especially Mark it starting to get weird.

3rd Rock from the Sun was only good for I dont know his real name but Dick(main character) in the show. That guy is freaken hilarious and made that show what it is.... w/out him it was all crap.

Ive actually never even heard of NewsRadio so dont even know what thats about.

Fresh Prince was another show like home improvement I used to watch all the time. Will Smith was great in that show but towards the end when they had that new kid and everything it starting getting boring.

I used to love Married with Children back in the day but now I cant stand the show at all. Another show thats like it that I loved even more was Unhappily Ever After... when the Dad would always go to the basement and talk to his stuffed animal friend. That show was great.

Never did like Rosanne I thought that show was stupid from beginning to end and In my opinion shouldnt of lasted more than a year at max.

Drew Carey show is awesome and would be number 1 if it wasnt in Cleveland :P Do they still make new episodes of it or is it done for good... last time I checked Drew had 2 wives and they found out and he was a security guard or something.

Never did like Fraiser... was better than Rosanne but thought it was pretty crappy overall just like Rosanne wasnt any character I really liked.

Friends is what it is... probably one of the most popular shows ever and man the ratings were so high for that show especially the last 2 seasons... werent the actors making like a million per episode or something insane like that?

Seinfield is just the best, at first I couldnt get into it but now I love seeing re-runs every so often although If I watch it 2 much it annoys me.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 02:10 PM)
Isn't it the longest running sitcom of all time?

If we are including British programmes here then no it isn't. That honour goes to "Last of the Summer Wine", it's been an everpresent here since I was knee high to a very small grasshopper.

I loved Newsradio when it was on. The likes of Hartman as Bill McNeil were just guaranteed for great watching. A couple of months ago I was watching old episodes via Winamp which reminded me how much I loved that show.

Friends, ugh. Frasier, meh, never watched it. Roseanne, ugh.