Top 10 Sitcoms of the 90's

juddling

QUOTE(Mercy! @ Oct 19, 2005 -> 02:54 AM)
I can proudly and honestly state that I never saw a complete episode of Friends.  It only took a few minutes for me to make up my mind that I needn't waste my time there.

I saw my first complete episode earlier this year.

They were such horrible people! And not funny.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Oct 19, 2005 -> 02:10 PM)
I saw my first complete episode earlier this year.

They were such horrible people! And not funny.

The only time I ever watched a complete episode of friends was on an airplane, when nothing else was available to watch, and I couldn't fall asleep. How pathetic is that?

:bang

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Oct 19, 2005 -> 08:17 AM)
I loved Newsradio when it was on. The likes of Hartman as Bill McNeil were just guaranteed for great watching. A couple of months ago I was watching old episodes via Winamp which reminded me how much I loved that show.

Friends, ugh. Frasier, meh, never watched it. Roseanne, ugh.

Newsradio was ahead of its time, and never had enough time. The cast on that show really was awesome, but they never got the notoriety until it was too late. Everyone thought the show was going to get cancelled the year before Phil Hartman was murdered, and then it was picked up for a complete season, and then Phil Hartman was murdered. I was very sad when this show was basically forced to end.

I think Jon Lovitz is funny in his own strange way, but you cannot replace Phil Hartman with Jon Lovitz. It just didnt work.

It's hard not to go with Seinfeld on this one.

Married...With Children definitely has a special place in my soul. The earlier seasons were awesome.

I hate Friends with a passion.

Someone mentioned the original BBC Whose Line Is It Anyway? -- that's one of my favorite comedy series... ever. But, does it count as a sitcom? Since it's not scripted, I mean...

And speaking of Jon Lovitz -- what about his animated show The Critic? I thought that was very funny.

QUOTE(Beetle @ Oct 19, 2005 -> 11:10 AM)
It's hard not to go with Seinfeld on this one.

Married...With Children definitely has a special place in my soul. The earlier seasons were awesome.

I hate Friends with a passion.

Someone mentioned the original BBC Whose Line Is It Anyway? -- that's one of my favorite comedy series... ever. But, does it count as a sitcom? Since it's not scripted, I mean...

And speaking of Jon Lovitz -- what about his animated show The Critic? I thought that was very funny.

I loved that show for some reason. It only lasted like a season or two.

Lovitz' brand of humor is definitely an acquired taste. He goes for the sleazy carsalesman approach more often than not, and he just seems to make some people laugh way more than others.

Personally, i thought he was absolutely hilarious as General/President/Ruler Tod in the movie "Mom and Dad save the World".

The movie really sucks, but I laugh my ass off in every scene Lovitz is in.

News Radio was great. Where is the love for Dave though? That guy is friggin' brilliant. He was obviously at his best with Kids In The Hall, but he just rules. I believe the show pretty much ended due to nobody caring anymore, meaning the cast and crew. Lovitz only went on to the show to honor Hartman, who was one of his best friends. He was never thrilled about doing it, but felt he had to.

Friends is just O.K. It has it's moments and I think Matthew Perry and Lisa Kudrow could be great at times. But "Top 10" shows? Nope, not even "Top 50".

3rd Rock should be number 2.

Fresh Prince??? Wow...never would have expected that one.

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 01:44 PM)
Never found the humor in "3rd Rock"  or even "Frasier" for that matter.

"Newsradio" should be in the Top 3

I couldn't watch any of those three..3rd rock is one of those shows like Everybody Loves Raymond...Highy rated and touted shows, but I can't find anybody who likes it, or even watched them to be honest..

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Oct 19, 2005 -> 10:22 AM)
You dropped your penis. You might want to pick it up and put it back on.

Boo :bringit

Obviously the show was awful..but Ilike watching shows where i don't have to think and to get away from crappy reality that was my life..I would usually watch those shows while I'd be dosing off..great sleeping pill Full House was

QUOTE(juddling @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 01:22 AM)
As voted on by 10,000 member of askmen.com......

Top 10 Sitcoms of the 1990's----

10. Home Improvement

9.  3rd Rock From the Sun

8.  Newsradio

7.  Fresh Prince of Bel-Aire

6.  Married with Children

5.  Rosanne

4.    The Drew Carey Show

3.    Fraiser

2.    Friends

1.  Seinfield

could have easliy guess the top three though i think Married with children should be at least number 4.  I have never seen the humor in 3rd rock (though my mom LOVED that show.) 

Just throwing it out for discussion....so talk among yourselves.

The only shows i watched every eps were Seinfeld and Married with Children..which happens to be my all time fav sitcoms...And to which i own all the DVDs of each season that's come out..

You know i really liked the show US version of "Men Behaving Badly" in the first season when Rob Schneider, Ron Eldard and Justine Bateman were the stars. Ron Eldard left the show, and then it just fell off the face of the network.

But I thought the first season was great.