Dybas Pleads Not Guilty

Sox1422

Guest hotsoxchick1

lol no s***.. its even on tape thanks to the news channels.... how does his lawyer plan on getting out of that one????? lmao.... take the punishment like a man and quit wasting tax payers dollars on this stupid s***.............

Guest hotsoxchick1

lol eye.... he said his client is remorseful.......... his client is a dumbass......lol....he wants to promote him as a drunk who needs treatment and wants the state to recomend it... f*** that, why should my tax dollars pay for him to sit a few hours in a class..... i say let him rot for 30-90 days or whatever it is in jail...............that would be better than a few hours in a drug and alcohol class......at least have a greater impact on his next decision to run onto a field......... ;)

lol eye.... he said his client is remorseful.......... his client is a dumbass......lol....he wants to promote him as a drunk who needs treatment and wants the state to recomend it... f*** that, why should my tax dollars pay for him to sit a few hours in a class..... i say let him rot for 30-90 days or whatever it is in jail...............that would be better than a few hours in a drug and alcohol class......at least have a greater impact on his next decision to run onto a field......... ;)

Did I miss something? Do the laws not apply as long as you regret doing something stupid or if you have 5 different drugs in your system when you do it?

I hate the fact that the crime is 100% indisputable, yet my tax dollars are putting this guy through a trial

:fyou Dybas

I hate the fact that the crime is 100% indisputable, yet my tax dollars are putting this guy through a trial

a little thing called the Constitution....

who decides if something is indisputable if not the trial procedure in the judicial system?

An initial plea of not guilty is very standard and means nothing. Now the plea is entered, the states atttorney and defense attorney do their thing and figure out what in fact the accused will plead guilty to and what the sentence will be -

the defense attorney is doing her/his job - in a high profile case everyone is going to stake out some ground - any one here who was ever charged with a crime, you'd want your attorney to do everything for you - I doubt it will have any impact in this case - but the attorney is just doing what the attorney is supposed to do and what you'd want done for you if it were your ass being acccused -

and when they have come to agreement a new plea will be entered, sentence imposed, and no trial -

but everyone is entitled to a trial, everyone - it is a cost of freedom.

who decides if something is indisputable if not the trial procedure in the judicial system?

An initial plea of not guilty is very standard and means nothing. Now the plea is entered, the states atttorney and defense attorney do their thing and figure out what in fact the accused will plead guilty to and what the sentence will be -

the defense attorney is doing her/his job - in a high profile case everyone is going to stake out some ground - any one here who was ever charged with a crime, you'd want your attorney to do everything for you - I doubt it will have any impact in this case - but the attorney is just doing what the attorney is supposed to do and what you'd want done for you if it were your ass being acccused -

and when they have come to agreement a new plea will be entered, sentence imposed, and no trial -

I know, I know, just call it my rant for the day. It is just the possibility that this chump could walk on a technicality boils my blood (just like the Rodney King trial)

he ain't walking...

the actual % of people who "get off" due to a technicality is very, very teeny tiny small - and I am glad they do when those technicalities make the difference in the way the laws are enforced -

I am very confident that the Chicago police made very sure they did everything by the book in this matter - and precisely because it is a high profile case, I'll bet the states attorney will have very little give in the negotiations -

lol no s***.. its even on tape thanks to the news channels.... how does his lawyer plan on getting out of that one????? lmao.... take the punishment like a man and quit wasting tax payers dollars on this stupid s***.............

It's simple... His lawyer will argue he is not guilty of the charge and will try to plea it down to a lesser charge. If not, the lawyer will argue that Dybas did no more than the other guys that ran out on the field other than "accidently" running into the umpire. They will use the fact he was drunk and not coherent and that he never intended to attack anyone.

By pleading not guilty, they are not saying that he wasn't wrong, that he didn't do anything wrong or that he wasn't stupid and drunk and disorderly. Just that he is not guilty AS charged.

Guest hotsoxchick1

i can see it now.. states atty. calls everyone who had a ticket and was at the game that nite to come in as witnesses.............lol.. this s*** will go on forever or as long as that kid has money to pay his lawyer........

and that won't be that long. Attorney time isn't that cheap, nor is a full blown defense. Especially with 20,000 witnesses who will testify against him. He'll plead - might even plead to the original charge - the onyl question may be the exact terms of the sentence - jail time, restitution, therapy/counseling/rehab - and probation that will land his ass in jail big time if he ever f***s up again.

i can see it now.. states atty. calls everyone who had a ticket and was at the game that nite to come in as witnesses.............lol.. this s*** will go on forever or as long as that kid has money to pay his lawyer........

Isn't he using a public defender?

Guest hotsoxchick1

no hes got a "regular" lawyer...........hope his funds run out before he gets a verdict.. i would like to see the states atty get the right to excersize the full punishment on this so it will make these bozos think twice before they do it again.................

That's just great cw. Everyone wants to come in here to rant and rave and hang this Wrigley reject for embarrassing the Sox and their fans, and you come in here spouting intelligence and common sense for crissake! :lol:

That's just great cw.  Everyone wants to come in here to rant and rave and hang this Wrigley reject for embarrassing the Sox and their fans, and you come in here spouting intelligence and common sense for crissake!  :lol:

Thanks for the kind words on what I wrote, and yes, I have been described as humorless lately. But by vocation and personality, I tend to always want to focus on what is real. Not much of a ranter, I guess. Sorry.

That's just great cw.  Everyone wants to come in here to rant and rave and hang this Wrigley reject for embarrassing the Sox and their fans, and you come in here spouting intelligence and common sense for crissake!  :lol:

Thanks for the kind words on what I wrote, and yes, I have been described as humorless lately. But by vocation and personality, I tend to always want to focus on what is real. Not much of a ranter, I guess. Sorry.

Humorless :D :lol: ;) :) :bang