Can This Be Right?!?!

LVSoxFan

I swear I saw something this morning and then my boss repeated it that, in reality, what went on sale today was about 4,000 tickets to each game.

HUH? He said something like the others are accounted for; MLB has a huge chunk, the players get a bunch, etc, etc., plus season ticket holders. Even taking all that into account, that eats up 36,000 tix per game?

So to put that in perspective, I'm guessing about a million people went online (or called) today for just a few thousand tix that were actually available?

Does anybody know the back story/ticket breakout?

Also, those of you who got tix: what did TM tack on in service fees?

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 02:50 PM)
I swear I saw something this morning and then my boss repeated it that, in reality, what went on sale today was about 4,000 tickets to each game ... Even taking all that into account, that eats up 36,000 tix per game?

No, from what I understand it was ~4,000 tickets period, so ~1,000 per home game.

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 02:50 PM)
I swear I saw something this morning and then my boss repeated it that, in reality, what went on sale today was about 4,000 tickets to each game.

HUH?  He said something like the others are accounted for; MLB has a huge chunk, the players get a bunch, etc, etc., plus season ticket holders.  Even taking all that into account, that eats up 36,000 tix per game?

So to put that in perspective, I'm guessing about a million people went online (or called) today for just a few thousand tix that were actually available?

Does anybody know the back story/ticket breakout?

Also, those of you who got tix: what did TM tack on in service fees?

Where did you get your avatar? Where's the orignal of that?

You got it right, except that depending on how many 2006 season package sales they actually got around to processing the number might have actually been closer to 2,000. Without accounting for any of those new sales, some quick math and best estimates sugggested it wasn't going to be more than 5K or so per game at any rate.

When you add in the number of brokers gunning for a chunk of that small block and the resources at their disposal, the actual number of point-of-sale tickets that actually ended up in the hands of the little guys who aren't swason ticketholders is probably half of that or even less.

Too depressing to think about. :crying

Well wait, though: again, even with season tix holders and all the other things I outlined--that eats up about 36,000 tix per game? That seems just so off to me, unless I'm missing something.

BTW anybody who wants the photo in my avatar can PM me or, if there's a way to do it, I kind send it to the mods to make available.

Great shot, ain't it?

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 03:24 PM)
That's the CNA Insurance building in downtown Chicago; in the foreground is Buckingham Fountain.

The building is very noticeable in the daylight because its color is rust red, which definitely makes it stand out.

What's a fountain?

I guess I needed the green and the :ph34r: :ph34r: . . .

For five summers in high school/college I was the guy in the hotdog cart selling green hotdogs, stale chips, and flat soda to the tourists at Buckingham Fountain (sorry if I got any of you sick). So, yeah, I caught a glimpse or two of the CNA building during that time. :)

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 03:36 PM)
What's a fountain?

I guess I needed the green and the :ph34r:  :ph34r: . . .

For five summers in high school/college I was the guy in the hotdog cart selling green hotdogs, stale chips, and flat soda to the tourists at Buckingham Fountain (sorry if I got any of you sick).  So, yeah, I caught a glimpse or two of the CNA building during that time.  :)

When did Lindsay Buckingham get a fountain?

My wife tried to go online to get tix for me and even looked on ebay for kicks. Ebay had folks selling up to 18 at a time (way over the max allowed?) and for thousands of dollars per game. We figured it was illegal scalping of course and she complained to ebay. Ebay explained something to the effect that it wasn't restricted in Illinois and so they could not squelch the bids. WTF?

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 10:52 PM)
St. Louie had 4K tickets per game and I think their stadium holds quite a few thousand more.  In that context, it would appear that our percentage of tickets available was higher.

what did we take 4000 seats out of the cell could have used them in the playoffs