Canada joins the US...

southsider2k5

Canada's wierd in the sense that the country has so much open space, if the people release a few more pollutants, they just are diluted due to the sheer amount of space out there.

But yea, in a lot of cases, they are more lax than us, and I think it's a terribly bad thing. If you drive through the Rockies, when youre' in the U.S., you drive through some beautiful, scenic forests that are protected in the U.S. You see wildlife. Trees. Shade.

When you cross into Canada, suddenly all those trees disappear, covered by logging roads, oil and gas pipelines, pipeline roads, and heavy machinery. They have opened up all those areas to industry, exactly as the Bush Administration wants to do in the western U.S., and the natural ecosystem has been basically destroyed. You don't see wildlife up there any more.

Canadians constantly assume that they are more environmentally smart than the United States when it often seems the complete opposite. Sometimes I shake my head that this government has the balls to call themselves liberal. Not sure I totally agree with Balta though. I've been through the rocky mountains many times before on our side of the border and while logging areas are noticeable for the most part it doesn't ruin the land's beauty.

"The Canada we see in this report does not reflect the one we hold in our hearts," said Suzuki. "Canadians expect more and they expect better," Suzuki said. "We should be outraged that we are among the worst in the industrialized world."

very accurate

last among the 30 countries in nuclear waste

:huh: :angry: