Can anyone confirm or deny this rumor

sec159row2

I heard that the Chicago Police were already working out contingency plans for the victory parade (sorry to put the horse before the cart) to be held on Western Ave. along the exact same route as the southside irish parade 103rd to 111th... my source is a city worker with lots of cop buddies... it could be just a rumor I was just wondering if anyone else heard this??? If it happens it would be great but would the team shun the whole Chicago region like that... what about all the fans in addison

sorry if this is perceived as starting a rumor...

Edited by sec159row2

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Oct 19, 2005 -> 09:43 AM)
Holy schnikes... would that just be AWESOME to be at if it happens.

I couldn't even imagine.

I think it would be bigger then the Bulls, no?

I think so, we were getting spolied with the bulls for a while , so, they were not as much appreciated as this would be.

QUOTE(sec159row2 @ Oct 19, 2005 -> 08:24 AM)
I heard that the Chicago Police were already working out contingency plans for the victory parade (sorry to put the horse before the cart) to be held on Western Ave. along the exact same route as the southside irish parade 103rd to 111th...  my source is a city worker with lots of cop buddies... it could be just a rumor I was just wondering if anyone else heard this???  If it happens it would be great but would the team shun the whole Chicago region like that...  what about all the fans in addison

sorry if this is perceived as starting a rumor...

Atleast the White Sox understand where their true fanbase lies--on the Southside of Chicago.

That would be great if a potential victory parade were to run along Western Ave. I would only have to drive 15 minutes to get there. The overall atmosphere and public intoxication will exceed even the most rowdy St. Patricks Day parade.

However, it wouldn't bother me if the parade route were downtown, either. Depending on the day scheduled, if it occurs during the week I'll already be downtown for school.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(sec159row2 @ Oct 19, 2005 -> 10:46 AM)
I just talked to a chicago fireman who said western ave is the location for a sox WS victory parade...  but i'm not sure if i can believe him...  he's a cub fan...

That would be awesome if that happened if/when the Sox win - I could walk to it if it were there. :headbang

Edited by Queen Prawn

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Oct 19, 2005 -> 12:13 PM)
The Score is talking about trying to get the White Sox to open up the Cell during the away games so fans can watch the games on the big screen.

That would be awesome, but from the sounds of it, it isn't going to happen. I wish because I would definately go.