Can anyone confirm or deny this rumor

sec159row2

QUOTE(sec159row2 @ Oct 19, 2005 -> 09:24 AM)
I heard that the Chicago Police were already working out contingency plans for the victory parade (sorry to put the horse before the cart) to be held on Western Ave. along the exact same route as the southside irish parade 103rd to 111th...  my source is a city worker with lots of cop buddies... it could be just a rumor I was just wondering if anyone else heard this???  If it happens it would be great but would the team shun the whole Chicago region like that...  what about all the fans in addison

sorry if this is perceived as starting a rumor...

That would be so cool! I could walk there. But if they were to have it in a neighborhood and not downtown, I'd think they'd do it near the Cell, like in Bridgeport.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Oct 19, 2005 -> 11:58 AM)
That would be great if a potential victory parade were to run along Western Ave. I would only have to drive 15 minutes to get there. The overall atmosphere and public intoxication will exceed even the most rowdy St. Patricks Day parade.

That's one reason I doubt it will be in Beverly. People here are already trying to crack down on the drunken revelry from the St. Pat's celebration.

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Oct 19, 2005 -> 12:00 PM)
That would be awesome if that happened if/when the Sox win - I could walk to it if it were there.  :headbang

Abouts where are you? I'm at 91st and Winchester.

QUOTE(sec159row2 @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 02:32 PM)
someone I know on the Beverly Area Planning Commission has not heard of a western ave. victory parade...  so this route seems unlikely, but I'm still working the rumor...

I know I'm being nit-picky but it's "Beverly Area Planning Association". Mind if I ask who?

QUOTE(southsider17 @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 01:44 PM)
That's one reason I doubt it will be in Beverly.  People here are already trying to crack down on the drunken revelry from the St. Pat's celebration.

Abouts where are you?  I'm at 91st and Winchester.

I know I'm being nit-picky but it's "Beverly Area Planning Association".  Mind if I ask who?

Judith Miller is my source

81st and Kedzie

That's one reason I doubt it will be in Beverly.  People here are already trying to crack down on the drunken revelry from the St. Pat's celebration.

I know I'm being nit-picky but it's "Beverly Area Planning Association".  Mind if I ask who?

Judith Miller is my source

81st and Kedzie

Gotta love BAPA.

I just had a bad thought. Do you think maybe the Sox and/or Chicago will nix the idea of a parade simply for security reasons (i.e. the ever present threat of terrorism)? Security was awfully tight at the Cell so I am sure it is a high priority for any celebration. If they had a "contained" rally it would be easier to keep a security net around it. Not that I don't want a parade - I'm just saying...

SFF

QUOTE(SpringfieldFan @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 03:43 PM)
I just had a bad thought.  Do you think maybe the Sox and/or Chicago will nix the idea of a parade simply for security reasons (i.e. the ever present threat of terrorism)?  Security was awfully tight at the Cell so I am sure it is a high priority for any celebration.  If they had a "contained" rally it would be easier to keep a security net around it.  Not that I don't want a parade - I'm just saying...

SFF

Since this will be a Sox planned event and not MLB.. I doubt the Feds will be called in to do security. :lol: