Playoff Roster

rangercal

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Oct 19, 2005 -> 11:20 AM)
I don't know why we release this until we know who we're playing.

Call me silly, but I would wait.

I agree Stl has a ton of LH batters, Houston does not I say Levine is full of it until NLCS is decided.

QUOTE(AssHatSoxFan @ Oct 19, 2005 -> 01:25 PM)
at this point why would we add BMAC?

Yeah I don't see a reason for adding him either. I think we use what got us there for the most part. Don't make too many changes. But I would like to see Gload be on the team used as a pinch hitter.

Curious, what was the opening day line-up? I'm pretty sure that with the exception of who started (pitching), this is the exact line-up, right? How often has that happened where the team that started is the same that ended? All we have lost from the beginning is Shingo, right?

Edited by Kid Gleason

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Oct 19, 2005 -> 01:36 PM)
Curious, what was the opening day line-up? I'm pretty sure that with the exception of who started (pitching), this is the exact line-up, right? How often has that happened where the team that started is the same that ended? All we have lost from the beginning is Shingo, right?

Gload was on the Opening Day roster. He's been replaced by Blum.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Oct 19, 2005 -> 12:29 PM)
Yeah I don't see a reason for adding him either. I think we use what got us there for the most part. Don't make too many changes. But I would like to see Gload be on the team used as a pinch hitter.

Yeah, as much as I love BMAC (and i do) there is no new argument for him being on the roster. At this point I do think Gload would be a solid addition, the bullpen is rested, no need for Viz add Gload so I dont see Blum pinch hitting in a tight spot in a national league park (not to mention his LH bat).

How's about this for a reason to keep Blum on the roster (if we play Houston): he hits .294/.320/.436 in the Juice Box. He played there for two years. He can play all infield positions.

Gload, while a good slap hitter, plays 1b and some outfield (yikes). I'm just sayin', if it's HOuston, I want Blum.

He hasn't hit for hamburgers in Busch, so things go out the window if we end up playing the Cards.

QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Oct 19, 2005 -> 02:51 PM)
How's about this for a reason to keep Blum on the roster (if we play Houston):  he hits .294/.320/.436 in the Juice Box.  He played there for two years.  He can play all infield positions. 

Gload, while a good slap hitter, plays 1b and some outfield (yikes).  I'm just sayin', if it's HOuston, I want Blum.

He hasn't hit for hamburgers in Busch, so things go out the window if we end up playing the Cards.

This has been said before, and I'll say it again. If we get into a situation where our only chance of winning rides somehow on the choice between Geoff Blum and Ross Gload...we're really in trouble.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Oct 19, 2005 -> 04:56 PM)
This has been said before, and I'll say it again.  If we get into a situation where our only chance of winning rides somehow on the choice between Geoff Blum and Ross Gload...we're really in trouble.

People said the samething about Orlando Hernandez too, and we all know how that turned out.

The World Series history is littered with nameless players who came up at that one defining moment, and became a hero. Heck, I doubt Braves fans were really excited about having Francisco Cabrera on the playoff roster before the playoffs started. At this point in the season every guy is vital. One pitch could be the difference between Joe Carter and Joe Schmo.

People said the samething about Orlando Hernandez too, and we all know how that turned out. 

The World Series history is littered with nameless players who came up at that one defining moment, and became a hero. Heck, I doubt Braves fans were really excited about having Francisco Cabrera on the playoff roster before the playoffs started.  At this point in the season every guy is vital.  One pitch could be the difference between Joe Carter and Joe Schmo.

(See Aaron Boone)