Houston it is...

kapkomet

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(DABearSoX @ Oct 19, 2005 -> 09:53 PM)
i know there are some good stat grabbers out there.....can anyone see how some of or hitters have faired against Clemens and Andy. I cant see anyone on the team with stats against Oswalt except maybe AJ

And Podsednik. Besides that, you're not gonna find much. I'll try, though.

QUOTE(DABearSoX @ Oct 19, 2005 -> 10:53 PM)
i know there are some good stat grabbers out there.....can anyone see how some of or hitters have faired against Clemens and Andy. I cant see anyone on the team with stats against Oswalt except maybe AJ

Konerko:

-Vs Clemens - .444/.450/.1056, 5-18, 2HR

-Vs Pettite - .391/.440/.652, 9-22, 1HR

AJ:

-Vs Clemens - 1-11

-Vs Pettite - 4-11

-Vs Oswalt - 5-8 PWNAGE

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Oct 19, 2005 -> 09:02 PM)
Pods:

-Vs Clemens - 5-14

-Vs Oswalt - 6-23 w/ 2SBs (that's a lot for a baserunner vs Pettite, especially considering how he's only been on base 7 times against him)

This year Ausmus threw out 18 of 57 batters trying to steal against him...a .316 clip.

Bengie Molina had thrown runners out at a .313 clip.

On the other hand...Yadier Molina...just for reference...threw out base stealers at a .641 clip.

Oswalt from what I have seen in the playoffs likes to pound people inside with the fastball. This works into our advantage. Guys who soft toss on the outside corner own this offense big time. Hard throwing guys who pound in on our hitters get lit up. This is the one time our pull offense is going to come in handy.

The AL used to be more of a breaking ball league, over the last few years the harder throwers have been more and more in the AL. 94 and up doesnt phase our hitters. Guys like Byrd and other soft tossers give our hitters fits.

I like our matchup here.

Make clemens move his 40+ year old ass and lay off anything knee high as it is most likely a splitter.

Konerko is going to tear this world series up.

Yeah the good thing is we hit fastball pitchers a lot better than soft tossers and Minuet Maid park definitely benefits us with that LF.

The funny thing is while both of them have been the faces of their franchise for so long both Frank Thomas and Bagwell wont be factors.... Bagwell might play DH but he is hardly the hitter he was b4.

Houston's batters have hardly ever seen Buehrle, Garland, or Contreras. 13 total at bats for their team against Garland, 5 against Buehrle, 1 against Contreras. Freddy Garcia has held their players to a .188 overall.

Berkman is 2/3 off of Garcia

Lamb is 5/17 off Garcia

Ausmus is 1/12 off Garcia

Orlando Palmerio is 2/19 off Garcia

Biggio and Bagwell are both 1/4 off him

QUOTE(3E8 @ Oct 20, 2005 -> 03:40 AM)
Me too.  My favorite AL team (obviously) and my favorite NL team both break huge WS droughts in the same season.  What are the odds?

A buddy of mine (sort of) down at U of I put down money at the All-Star Break on Houston and Chicago getting to the World Series. He was getting great odds for both, but specifically Houston -- something like 60-to-1. He's getting $600 large, IIR him telling me correctly.

I think overall if you look just in terms of having faced pitchers before, the Sox are at a fairly distinct advantage because Pettitte and Clemens both spent good amounts of time in the AL. Aside from a few scattered people, the Stros haven't faced much of our pitching staff, so our guys should be almost completely new to them aside from what they can see on tape.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Oct 20, 2005 -> 12:08 AM)
Dye:

-Vs Clemens - 6-18, 1HR

-Vs Oswalt - 0-3, 3Ks *OUCH*

-Vs Pettite - 6-18

weird

Everett:

-Vs Clemens - 3-20, 7Ks

-Vs Pettite - 9-32, 7Ks

Where are you getting these? Pulling them from MLB.com batter vs. pitcher? It's hard b/c you have to go season by season.

For some reason, Crede hits Clemens well, too.

QUOTE(BlackBetsy @ Oct 20, 2005 -> 12:33 AM)
Where are you getting these?  Pulling them from MLB.com batter vs. pitcher?  It's hard b/c you have to go season by season.

For some reason, Crede hits Clemens well, too.

Probally espn... what i always use anyway.