Ozzie going off on Mike North

SSH2005

Ozzie is going off on Mike North right now on the Score for doubting him and bashing him the entire season. Ozzie has sworn twice already on the air. He said "ass" and "horses***." :D Ozzie is pretty much bashing all of the second-guessers in the media. He is pissed that people second-guessed him after the fact and not before. Mike North is happy to eat the crow.

Edited by SSH2005

Ozzie is going a bit too far. Chill out dude. Criticism is part of the job.

Yeah, he did but it was pretty funny. He also was saying that he may not be the best manager in baseball but he's the best looking. :D Ozzie said that Freddy didn't greet the crowd when they flew back from Anaheim because he was too hung over.

Edited by SSH2005

In the end he said him and North were all cool, but there was one other media person he wanted to talk to (Yes, we know who). North asked him if Marriotti would talk to Oz face to face and Ozzie said, "No, because he ain't go no God dang balls." :lol:

QUOTE(mreye @ Oct 20, 2005 -> 09:51 AM)
In the end he said him and North were all cool, but there was one other media person he wanted to talk to (Yes, we know who). North asked him if Marriotti would talk to Oz face to face and Ozzie said, "No, because he ain't go no God dang balls."  :lol:

Its funny, because its true.

QUOTE(mreye @ Oct 20, 2005 -> 09:51 AM)
In the end he said him and North were all cool, but there was one other media person he wanted to talk to (Yes, we know who). North asked him if Marriotti would talk to Oz face to face and Ozzie said, "No, because he ain't go no God dang balls."  :lol:

I heard that..jeezus

The Oz is just so great. :cheers

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Oct 20, 2005 -> 10:12 AM)
Ozzie should calm the f*** down.. If and when he wins it all then he has the right to call out people. Just winning the peanent is not enough IMO.

Since people were predicting a collapse, and then nobody expected them to get past Boston, and then nobody expected them to get past the Angels...I think he has every right to say whatever he wants. He's brought back a World Series to Chicago. That's not enough? No, it is. We want the whole thing, but if people don't think he has a reason to shove it into the face of people who doubted his team, they are wrong. He's done an amazing job this year. If we didn't "collapse" as everybody saw us do, in a terrible way, this team would have been one of the winningest teams in the history of the game. But we came back to earth for 2 MONTHS, and we still finished 6 games up. Pretty amazing.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Oct 20, 2005 -> 11:20 AM)
Kid, It's a shame you put that amount of thought into that responding to him. Just save your energy next time, you'll feel better.

;)

Jeezus, I think i grew 10 more gray hairs when i saw your sig... :banghead

Since people were predicting a collapse, and then nobody expected them to get past Boston, and then nobody expected them to get past the Angels...I think he has every right to say whatever he wants. He's brought back a World Series to Chicago. That's not enough? No, it is. We want the whole thing, but if people don't think he has a reason to shove it into the face of people who doubted his team, they are wrong. He's done an amazing job this year. If we didn't "collapse" as everybody saw us do, in a terrible way, this team would have been one of the winningest teams in the history of the game. But we came back to earth for 2 MONTHS, and we still finished 6 games up. Pretty amazing.

Who remebers the team that finishes in 2nd place? You still are coming up short, Ozzie should be worried about how this team can match-up with Houston.. in 2 weeks time he can o/say what ever he wants when he holds up the WS trophy..Otherwise keep foucesd.

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Oct 20, 2005 -> 10:23 AM)
Who remebers the team that finishes in 2nd place? You still are coming up short, Ozzie should be worried about how this team can match-up with Houston.. in 2 weeks time he can o/say what ever he wants when he holds up the WS trophy..Otherwise keep foucesd.

This year, above every other year, I will remember who came in 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th in both sides of the leagues. And to me, "I" and how "I" feel about it is all that matters.

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Oct 20, 2005 -> 10:23 AM)

I have a really hard time imagining that taking a minute of free time to stick it to the doubters, and to feel some pride in what the Sox have achieved so far, is preventing Ozzie from focusing on Houston and what the Sox need to do to be successful.

and FWIW even if Houston....you know....( I can't bring myself to type THAT, either )....I will always remember this season fondly. I expected around 85 wins, and they delivered MUCH more than that. The White Sox are the 2005 American League champions, and that is a successful season to me. Is it the ultimate prize? Of course not, or they wouldn't be playing on Saturday. But I'm not the person to diminish one achievement just because another one wasn't accomplished.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Oct 20, 2005 -> 11:49 AM)
I have a really hard time imagining that taking a minute of free time to stick it to the doubters, and to feel some pride in what the Sox have achieved so far, is preventing Ozzie from focusing on Houston and what the Sox need to do to be successful.

and FWIW even if Houston....you know....( I can't bring myself to type THAT, either )....I will always remember this season fondly. I expected around 85 wins, and they delivered MUCH more than that. The White Sox are the 2005 American League champions, and that is a successful season to me. Is it the ultimate prize? Of course not, or they wouldn't be playing on Saturday. But I'm not the person to diminish one achievement just because another one wasn't accomplished.

Great post Mr Critic. Great post. :notworthy

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Oct 20, 2005 -> 10:56 AM)
Great post Mr Critic.  Great post. :notworthy

".....IT HAPPENED!!!! IT HAPPENED!!!!!!!!"

( Jim Lampley's call when George Foreman won the heavyweight title from Michael Moorer )

I don't know why that call came to my mind just now..... :D