Mass. School tries to force kids to be tolerant

Balta1701

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Oct 23, 2005 -> 03:30 PM)
Being black, white, yellow, red, or any other variation of race does NOT make you immoral.  Being male or female does NOT make you immoral.  A person's actions determine whether they are moral or immoral.

What determines whether an action is moral or immoral?  This is pretty simple.  If a person is a member of a faith, creed, or organization rooted in philosophy then morality & immorality is defined by that institution.  In the case of Christianity most institutions view the act of sodomy as immoral.  Regardless of whether it be same-sex or between a man & a woman.  Sodomy is likewise considered immoral in many non-Christian faiths.  So we can safely say as a general rule of faith-borne society that sodomy is looked upon as an immoral act.

If a person is not a member of a faith, creed, or an organization rooted in any one philosophy then morality & immorality is defined by society.  I doubt very much that state & local governments have done or said anything to encourage the act of sodomy.  Furthermore given the medical risks & general consensus of practioners it can hardly be considered a healthy behavior.

So whether you look upon it from a faith perspective, a medical perspective, or a general societal perspective sodomy is considered immoral or unfavorable behavior for one to partake in.

Nobody said anything about sodomy here. Seriously, that's not what makes up a marriage. If you think it does, I really hope you never get married.

And not just cause the sex would be really bad.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Oct 23, 2005 -> 03:32 PM)
Earth to LCR,

We've been over this before.  There's an entire thread in here somewhere that has discussed this in great detail.  You can look it up.  Washington made many speeches supporting the notion we WERE a Christian nation.  The founders rountinely attended services & even made use of parishes for political purposes.

The Treaty of Tripoli was designed to appease Muslims directly.  To do that you have to downplay your Christian roots.  The Treaty of Paris was designed to appease the French.  To do that you emphasize your Christian roots. 

Pretty basic stuff.

They pander for votes, pretty basic stuff. Privately they were all not Christian but they did it publically to get votes (like Bush whoring the religion to get votes from fundies) For example, take the case of Abe Lincoln who said: "The Bible is not my book and Christianity is not my religion. I could never give assent to the long, complicated statements of Christian dogma."

Lincoln quotes:

"Those who deny freedom to others, deserve it not for themselves; and, under a just God, can not long retain it."

"With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right as God gives us to see the right, let us strive on to finish the work we are in; to bind up the nation's wounds; to care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow and his orphan - to do all which may achieve and cherish a just and lasting peace, among ourselves, and with all nations."

"In giving freedom to the slave, we assure freedom to the free - honorable alike in what we give, and what we preserve. We shall nobly save, or meanly lose, the last best hope of earth. Other means may succeed; this could not fail. The way is plain, peaceful, generous, just - a way which, if followed, the world will forever applaud, and God must forever bless."

"In regard to this Great Book, I have but to say, it is the best gift God has given to man. All the good the Savior gave to the world was communicated through this book."

"The will of God prevails. In great contests each party claims to act in accordance with the will of God. Both may be, and one must be, wrong. God cannot be for and against the same thing at the same time. In the present civil war it is quite possible that God's purpose is something different from the purpose of either party - and yet the human instrumentalities, working just as they do, are of the best adaptation to effect His purpose."

"Neither party expected for the war, the magnitude, or the duration, which it has already attained. Neither anticipated that the cause of the conflict might cease with, or even before, the conflict itself should cease. Each looked for an easier triumph, and a result less fundamental and astounding. Both read the same Bible, and pray to the same God; and each invokes His aid against the other. It may seem strange that any men should dare to ask a just God's assistance in wringing their bread from the sweat of other men's faces; but let us judge not, that we be not judged. The prayers of both could not be answered; that of neither has been answered fully. The Almighty has His own purposes."

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 06:19 PM)
Lincoln quotes:

"Those who deny freedom to others, deserve it not for themselves; and, under a just God, can not long retain it."

"With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right as God gives us to see the right, let us strive on to finish the work we are in; to bind up the nation's wounds; to care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow and his orphan - to do all which may achieve and cherish a just and lasting peace, among ourselves, and with all nations."

"In giving freedom to the slave, we assure freedom to the free - honorable alike in what we give, and what we preserve. We shall nobly save, or meanly lose, the last best hope of earth. Other means may succeed; this could not fail. The way is plain, peaceful, generous, just - a way which, if followed, the world will forever applaud, and God must forever bless."

"In regard to this Great Book, I have but to say, it is the best gift God has given to man. All the good the Savior gave to the world was communicated through this book."

"The will of God prevails. In great contests each party claims to act in accordance with the will of God. Both may be, and one must be, wrong. God cannot be for and against the same thing at the same time. In the present civil war it is quite possible that God's purpose is something different from the purpose of either party - and yet the human instrumentalities, working just as they do, are of the best adaptation to effect His purpose."

"Neither party expected for the war, the magnitude, or the duration, which it has already attained. Neither anticipated that the cause of the conflict might cease with, or even before, the conflict itself should cease. Each looked for an easier triumph, and a result less fundamental and astounding. Both read the same Bible, and pray to the same God; and each invokes His aid against the other. It may seem strange that any men should dare to ask a just God's assistance in wringing their bread from the sweat of other men's faces; but let us judge not, that we be not judged. The prayers of both could not be answered; that of neither has been answered fully. The Almighty has His own purposes."

Nixon, "I am not a crook"

Clinton,"I want you to listen to me. I'm going to say this again: I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Miss Lewinsky."

Truman, "The first atomic bomb was dropped on Hiroshima, a military base. That was because we wished in this first attack to avoid, in so far as possible, the killing of civilians."

Reagan, "We did not -- repeat -- did not trade weapons or anything else for hostages -- nor will we."

I love playing Presidential quotes. :lolhitting

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 06:19 PM)
Lincoln quotes:

When Lincoln ran for President in 1860 he was an abolotionist above Mason-Dixon, and pro-slavery below it.

All you and LCR proved is that he's a panderer.